JayJay

Jay's Update

32 posts in this topic

Alright, so here's a very very long awaited update - and I will also answer all those IM's as well in a minute... :blush: I've been so neglectful...

SoooOOooo...we moved into our new house, a week ago, and are closing tomorrow or the day after (a "dry close" tomorrow, since it's Columbus day and all the banks are closed!). The mortgage took waaaaaay longer than anticipated - our mortgage broker had never dealt with a newly emigrated person before, especially one who decided to get a mortgage all by herself! BUT we did it, and here we are.

We went appliance pickign-out today, which was a seven hour ordeal I hope not to have to wrestle with again for several years. The house was appliance-less, and we had to get a fridge/freezer, a stove, a washer and a dryer. We shopepd around for the best deal and managed to find it at Best Buy - one display fridge freezer (I got my way with that - he wanted a side-by-side but they are SO little, so we got an up and down and it's really large! :devil: ), which is stainless steel and black, one gas stove (ummm..got my way with that one too - he wanted an electric one, but they're more expensive to run and when the heat's off on a gas stove, it's off - ya know? Plus, he does pay the gas bill each month, and the electric! :star: ). Tee hee! Lastly we both agreed firmly on a nice little washer and dryer. All installed, delivered etc at a great "package deal" price (since we bought all from the same store) of just over $2100. We actually only managed to do that by adding a purchase agreement addendum saying the sellers would give us $3000 cash back at closing for appliances. God, I hope they do...

So below is a pic of the house, our rapidly-growing rottweiler pup (Timber) and our two kittens, Pierre (black) and Gabriel (orangey-white). Love to you all - I need to go fill out an AR-11 now, so that the men in black know where I'm at *grinz*! :luv::hehe:(L)(F)

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg

Edited by JayJay

england3.gif

3/29/06 - AOS Approved!

3/3/08 - Check cashed for ROC at CSC...

Feb 2009 - Called USCIS to see what the heck was goin' on...

FEB 20th 2009 - Received email - GC on the way!

I am APPROVED for the 10 year PR Card!

367532.png

356980.png

MyBum.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I hear the music to 'The Fugitive' playing in the background.......

The house is ADORABLE!!!! I love it! Are you going to post interior pics? I WANNA SEE!!

I hope the puppy doesn't pee on the floor.........

Hey don't be so missing from now on!!!

Edited by rebeccajo

Awwww, Jay, congratulations! Its such a cute house and such cute pets too! I'm sooooo glad everything is coming together for you & Ben! Take care sweetie!

01/10/05 - Arrived back in US

01/26/05 - Got Married! WooHoo!

02/14/05 - Had Medical Exam

02/22/05 - Filed for AOS in Seattle, in person

03/31/05 - Got EAD!!

04/02/05 - Biometrics and Fingerprinting

05/19/05 - AOS Interview - awaiting decision...

08/24/05 - (conditional) Permanent Resident

09/08/05 - Passport stamped in Seattle

09/19/05 - Recieved actual Greencard! YAY!!!

05/24/07 - 90 days to remove conditions starts!

06/02/07 - Filed I-751, California Service Center

08/09/07 - Biometrics and Fingerprinting

08/28/07 - I-751 Approved & conditions are removed!

09/12/07 - Recieved 10 year Greencard! YEAH!!!

*now contemplating N-400 and citizenship*

hi ya

congrats on buying your new home...its lovely...question how u going to keep timber from running away does he stay inside all the time??

over here it amazes me that there arent no fences between the houses like in oz....no privacy or to keep your animals from running away...

dont iti make ya feel good when ya get ya own way on appliances..i had that the other day with my hubby said .. no more appliances in this place without my approval..we had a maintence bloke here fixing the garbage disposal an he sez .. them are fighting words lol...it was just a joke but i thought i hadnt said it loud lol...

good luck in your new life and the pics are gorgeous..

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

We wnt to put up a fence - we actually have a metal doggie thingy screwed into the ground with a 15ft chain on it for when Timber wants to go out - but most of the time he's inside. Having said that, he's a rott and needs plenty of exercise - so on average we walk him about 3 or 4 miles daily - whenever we do our chores about town.

I want to get a nice chain link fence in the yard though. Either that or a privacy fence....I'll have to see....

Will definately post interior pics when the appliances come and everything's unpacked :D

england3.gif

3/29/06 - AOS Approved!

367532.png

356980.png

MyBum.jpg

Love the house Jay....you did good :thumbs: and Timber is such a cutie. How's your web store going?

I agree with becca....don't stay so missin'. Take care (F)

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

You have two BIG FAT hearts on the end of your string - did Ewok do that? That's cool :D

england3.gif

3/29/06 - AOS Approved!

367532.png

356980.png

MyBum.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congrtats on your new life! (F):dance:

I hope you're both very happy in that house!

Oh, I just wanted to add that the house David just rented for us (our first house as a grown up couple!!!! :luv: ) looks a LOT like yours! :yes: Very cute!

Edited by MrMrsKnight

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hey Jan.. Congrats... glad things are fallling into place...

you wanna take my dog.. along for the LONNGGG WALK.. haha. my golden is a ball of energy as well. haha. jk

Once the appliances and all are installed.. sit back.. run the diswasher. put in a load of clothes.. listen to the hummm and .. smile.... hehehhe

Ya come along way babes..

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Congratlations ............ the rainbow really does have a pot of gold at its end :yes:

As far as the dog/fence is concerned I cannot reccommend highly enough the radio controlled collars one of ours dogs, Santa, has one and it is brilliant effectively given him a large radius from the base unit (much more practical than a chain) and we can set the area if he attempts to go further he gets a little zap via the collar learnt in about a day his territory and is as happy as a pig in ######. From a security point of view, brilliant as "visitors" think he is running free so dont tend to get too close lol And from a practical point of view much easier too install than the electric fences that are buried on the perimeter of properties (it is both these two methods that give the illusion that dogs are running loose on unfenced properties here - had me folled for ages) Also has a lifetime (whose ours or the dogs I have no clue) whisch when the collar failed we tested and proved. When the collar batteries fail its amusing to watch him slowly realise that he can go a little further then peek and sit and say what me wander never :lol::lol:

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

Good to see ya JayJay!!!

That house looks too cute....puppy too.. :D

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

OMG JayJay, it's SO great to hear from you!! :) You always make me smile when I read your posts! :) The house is absolutely adorable, and (all the animals, but) the puppy...soooooooooooooo!!! cute!!! :)

So, how's everything else going? The painting...I know you're still doing that..how's business??

Take care... (F):) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)