Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Amorika


2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada

My fiance (USC) makes enough money (over 125% of poverty line) but was self-employed/unemployed for several years before April of this year. We waited until he had a good job to go through the process. Will this affect his ability to support me in the eyes of the US Gov? Will we need a co-sponsor? If so, when will we know? And what would be the guideline for them? Would their household number have to include just me, or me and John as well?

I'm worried because John makes more money than anyone else in his family, and we can't think of even a single person able to help us so it would take some work...


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

if his income is over 125% for what will be your household size, shouldn't need a co-sponsor

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...