highlander08

RUB - FSU children compared to USC children & others

239 posts in this topic

I would agree with your last statement. The difference between FSU women and American women has more to do with their cultural and environmental upbringing.

FSU women, at least 30 plus year olds, usually do not have a car, walk a ton, carry the groceries, eat less (many countries do this) and therefore are usually more fit and trim than those who drive everywhere, eat more fast foods and processed foods, etc etc. FSU women like to dress up not to really impress the men but to impress themselves and other women. This may be a hard concept to comprehend if you're not exposed to that environment. The mere thought of going out in public in your sleepwear or with no makeup or etc is totally beyond their comprehension. Call it what you may but them's the truths.

And, at least in all the many circles (none trailer trash or blue collar) that I hang/hung with living near the big city of Chicago, none of the single women with children were all that appealing better still none gave much notice to any nice man who might make a good father for their kids. All had a lot more baggage than those from FSU, at least in my searches. I'm sure there are other very nice women who are concerned for their own health in addition to their kids.

Don't be put off or misconstrued by our locker-room discussions about our hot women; they are all very nice women first...with a bunch more nice attributes. We here tend to talk about them in this regard and champion FSU women only because we are in the RUB forum. Championing other women must be taken to that respective regional forum; where I am sure the same championing takes place.....or I would hope so.??!!!

It might go on in the Philippine forum. I don't think it goes on much of anywhere else.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No Gary, it is NOT that kind of statement.

Trust me if I want to tell you something I will tell you. In no uncertain terms. No need to read between the lines. No need to try and interpret something else out of what I say.

I merely made a point about women in general. And I did not do it in an insulting way.

You are the one who, a few posts back, said it would be important to an FSU woman if a man would make a good father. You are the one who selected women from a certain geographical area.

I merely made the statement that any good woman would want a man who would make a good father. And that I do not believe this would be a trait specific to FSU women.

FSU women DO highly prize that attribute in men, and we ARE speaking about FSU women here. (check the title of the thread and the forum you are in) What I said is not an insult to anyone. I will leave speculation about what other women want, or "women in gerneral" to people in other forums where they are being discussed

It might go on in the Philippine forum. I don't think it goes on much of anywhere else.

So men only say good things about their wives in the RUB and Philippine forums? What about the MENA forum? No? I really do not know, I don't go there.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That is probably one of the strangest things I have ever heard.

I work with several women who have had children who could easily be considered "hot". American women.

I just think you guys are so far off base when you make these kind of generalizations. A good woman is a good woman. No matter where she is from.

I never said that there were NO women with children that are single and 'hot' here in the USA. I have said many times that I am sure there are many great american women! What I DID say is that there is a far higher likelihood, in percentages, that if you are a single mother from FSU you are much more likely to be 'hot' than if you are a single mother in the US. I am sure there are many factors responsible for this.

You are absolutely right about "a good woman is a good woman. No matter where she is from." I would have added a few !!!

Timeline

I never said that there were NO women with children that are single and 'hot' here in the USA. I have said many times that I am sure there are many great american women! What I DID say is that there is a far higher likelihood, in percentages, that if you are a single mother from FSU you are much more likely to be 'hot' than if you are a single mother in the US. I am sure there are many factors responsible for this.

You are absolutely right about "a good woman is a good woman. No matter where she is from." I would have added a few !!!

:thumbs:

see, I feel no obligation to say "good women are good women wherever they are from" Seems kind of silly in the first place "green frogs are green frogs no matter where they come from" Why not just say "green frogs" and leave it at that? There seems to be some obligation being thrust upon us to say "....but _____________ women are great also!" I don't buy it, and you aren't going to put that in my cart. Let their husbands say so. I will take their word for it and I promise not to go to their forums and take issue with them when they do!

My wife is Ukrainian, she was a single mom, she was smoking hot and she still is as a married mom. How is that an insult to anyone else?

Regarding likelihoods I would agree with you.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

It's a fact that more emphasis is put on personal appearance in the FSU. If you're going to be seen in public, you look nice. People keep their shoes and clothes obsessively clean. Even my MALE friends won't go places looking like #######. Americans just are not as fastidious.

I think that there is a certain point where many women in the FSU will say, "OK, I am old now, time to be a babushka" and they let themselves go. That happens too, but not always. You certainly don't see younger women running around in sweat pants, and when a girl is slightly overweight, people TALK. People who complain about US society being obsessed with thinness have no idea what they're talking about.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

It's a fact that more emphasis is put on personal appearance in the FSU. If you're going to be seen in public, you look nice. People keep their shoes and clothes obsessively clean. Even my MALE friends won't go places looking like #######. Americans just are not as fastidious.

I think that there is a certain point where many women in the FSU will say, "OK, I am old now, time to be a babushka" and they let themselves go. That happens too, but not always. You certainly don't see younger women running around in sweat pants, and when a girl is slightly overweight, people TALK. People who complain about US society being obsessed with thinness have no idea what they're talking about.

Eekee, I have found that people here talk about many things and have no idea what they are talking about. They talk about "political corruption", lousy mail service, pollution, bad roads, and have no clue what it is like elsewhere.

Alla and the boys are always cleaning their shoes, Alla keeps extra shoe polish in her car and an extra pair of shoes. Even when I wear good clothes and we are going out, she will hand me a shoe brush and say "you are perfect, except your shoes...here"

Alla has jerked a knot in me as to my appearance since being here. It is also important in the FSU that a woman's man looks good as it is a reflection on her. For the man to be overweight is not so bad (she is a good cook) but for him to be poorly dressed or dirty...HORROR!

While I think that there is an obsession with weight everywhere, it is actually meaningful in the FSU where the women actually ARE slender as a rule. Here it just seems like so much column space for women's magazines.

Gary And Alla

FSU women DO highly prize that attribute in men, and we ARE speaking about FSU women here. (check the title of the thread and the forum you are in) What I said is not an insult to anyone. I will leave speculation about what other women want, or "women in gerneral" to people in other forums where they are being discussed

So men only say good things about their wives in the RUB and Philippine forums? What about the MENA forum? No? I really do not know, I don't go there.

I did not say the concept of a woman from a certain part of the planet being superior to other women was insulting.

I said I thought it was incorrect.

I would say the same thing about men from all over the world. Men from the USA are not superior to men from MENA countries or European countries or wherever. Nor are they inferior as a categorical whole.

Stop thinking we are insulted or mad or pi$$ed or whatever, Gary. We are not. I am not. I just think you are wrong.

Edited by Rebecca Jo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I did not say the concept of a woman from a certain part of the planet being superior to other women was insulting.

I would say the same thing about men from all over the world. Men from the USA are not superior to men from MENA countries or European countries or wherever. Nor are they inferior as a categorical whole.

Stop thinking we are insulted or mad or pi$$ed or whatever, Gary. We are not. I am not. I just think you are wrong.

So I guess that to offset the fact that the average FSU woman has a better figure we must accept that they are less 'empowered' with regard to women's lib issues! :whistle::innocent:

Timeline

I never said anyone was "superior". I have said GOOD THINGS about FSU women. In a forum about FSU women. How does that get translated into saying anyone is superior? :wacko:

If you think I am ever going to say "FSU women are great but no better than any other women" that is not going to happen, because it would be ridiculous. Whatever. Back to ignore.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I've raised kids. No Russian kids (yet), and not my own since I'm nearly infertile, but I've had to be the parent before, too often.

The talking ####### about American women doesn't bother me, hey, I dated American guys who made sure I never dated American guys again, so I understand the feeling, and I don't remember you specifically talking ####### about American women, but I've seen it here; don't know if it's still happening since I'm not on as often... it's usually along the lines of talking about what controlling, crazy, jealous and possessive american women are, and also fatter and uglier and butches.

I just find these OP's posts very strange, and yeah, I don't like seeing people being taken advantage of, even internet strangers. I dislike reading some of the threads here on VJ of people who married who they thought was the love of their life and then everything turned sour. In your case, you've been very fortunate that you and Alla had an in-person relationship and everything was and still is great for you and your story I think is one everyone in VJ admires, hell, I don't know Alla or your kids but I think I speak for everyone here that they deserve great respect. But sometimes, long distance relationships, by their own nature, hide a lot of things and people realize too late that there were some problems.

"But sometimes, long distance relationships, by their own nature, hide a lot of things and people realize too late that there were some problems."

Thank you very much, that's the reason I'm here is to learn from other people's experience unlike some other people who read some fluff and stuff on the Internet sites about women from other countries being ideal housewifes, maids, etc. then dive right in join a website get a genuine sincere woman all excited about what a great guy he is and falls in love with him then when he goes over there finds out that the real person is not what the virtual person described. I realize that basic human nature is the same almost everywhere. But as you guys can probably guess the reason I'm on this forum and not a different one, is because after experiencing relationships in this country that have not worked out successfully, I am still a man with feelings and emotions and desires, and what I have seen, and read about FSU women and how they are decidedly different than not all but many women in this country, you guys that are married to them know what I'm talking about, my first wife had three boys 6,7 and nine years old when I met her, I wanted a family to come home to every day someone to love and someone to love me no more no less,, we did not have any children together and things didn't work out. But in retrospect I discovered she was only after me because I had 2 acres of land and a home. This was in Texas in 1989, so I think she just hooked up with me to get out from living with her grandparents in a crowded home. The last one I told you about a while ago had two girls when I met her one was 8 And one was 12. so no I have not been lucky in love. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop trying. And from past experience personally, and talking to guys at work there seems to be a common denominator with women in this country. And I think you all know what that might be. If I get a K-1 Visa, to bring her over here we have 90 days to get married, if I get married first then bring her over its basically the same scenario, I get to know her through communication through e-mails and Skype but that is not the same as living together on a day-to-day basis and really truly getting to know each other to have a better idea if things are going to work out or not. O.K. I know I'm going to get questions about this one as I met one online communicated four months then went over there stayed 10 days and got married.. that's another reason I'm on this forum for FSU, RUB is to learn from my mistakes and to have a better chance at the kind of relationship you guys have. I literally spend hours writing and rewriting letters because I use bing translate, and when I convert it to Russian and then back to English the meaning is all mixed up from what I am trying to convey so I use the thesaurus and enter other words that mean the same or similar things in order to get my message across. I am also communicating with a young man from mykayebo,Ukraine. Who I met on communication exchange on the Internet, he wanted to improve his English and in exchange is helping me to learn Russian. This is turning out to be better than the CDs you can buy because he was correcting me on my pronunciation I'm very impressed with how patient he is in helping me to learn. He said his reason is that he would like to see more people understand the Russian language as it is not widely used around the world. I forget what you call it but he's one who studies words and is very interested in foreign languages. So it's not like I'm not doing my best to get a complete and thorough understanding of what lies ahead in my Visa Journey. As always I thank you all again for all of your help. And I also want to say a hearty thank you to the people posting on the topics I have begun who are speaking in my defense with some of these other people who are posting on here...

Edited by highlander08

*The Family Rules*

Always tell the truth , Always argue naked,of course not in the childrens presence.and Don't go to bed angry.

Too much t.v is bad, too much reading is good! Family comes first, always be there.

Hands are for hugging not for hitting! Be thankful for what you have.. don't envy others

Have fun, be kind, ask first, no fussing, no whining., Husband adore her always- Wife love him forever

Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle daily ,use your manners- Yes, please. No, thank you.

Use nice words, ignore dirty words Share everything except bad ideas

Say your prayers, thank God for this family.

Always be nice to strangers cuz they just might be a friend you have'nt met yet..!

I kind of don't believe the "higher percentage of hotness" concept. Although I do thank you for being nice about your opinion!

One reason I feel this way is the "holiday" effect of being - well - anywhere. I'm sure you spotted the hotties when you were in the Former Soviet Union. I spot hot men when I am in London. Stylish boys in peg leg jeans with expensive boots, little wool coats that ride just above their glorious derrieres. Guys with fabulous haircuts in 2K suits, carrying a man bag and downloading tunes on their latest smart phone. Oi!

They're just - well easier to see. I kind of think this happens everywhere.

I never said anyone was "superior". I have said GOOD THINGS about FSU women. In a forum about FSU women. How does that get translated into saying anyone is superior? :wacko:

If you think I am ever going to say "FSU women are great but no better than any other women" that is not going to happen, because it would be ridiculous. Whatever. Back to ignore.

Why?

Is there something wrong with what I said?

Why would it be ridiculous for you to say that FSU women are NOT greater than other women?

Edited by Rebecca Jo

So I guess that to offset the fact that the average FSU woman has a better figure we must accept that they are less 'empowered' with regard to women's lib issues! :whistle::innocent:

:unsure:

No.

Timeline

Of course, Because if you say one thing about one type of woman it must really mean the OPPOSITE for all other women and that you HATE all other women because you did not specifically mention them also! :wacko:

"Blonde women are HOT" actually means "Brunettes are NOT hot, I HATE brunettes, they are ugly and fat" See how it works?

"FSU women are generally well educated" really means "American women are stupid, fat, lazy beyotches, I HATE American women"

I suppose if I hung out in other regional forums and did not see American men spoken highly of in every comment I may feel the same. :rofl:

Gary And Alla

Of course, Because if you say one thing about one type of woman it must really mean the OPPOSITE for all other women and that you HATE all other women because you did not specifically mention them also! :wacko:

"Blonde women are HOT" actually means "Brunettes are NOT hot, I HATE brunettes, they are ugly and fat" See how it works?

"FSU women are generally well educated" really means "American women are stupid, fat, lazy beyotches, I HATE American women"

I suppose if I hung out in other regional forums and did not see American men spoken highly of in every comment I may feel the same. :rofl:

*sigh*

You just don't get it, do you?

Is it so difficult a concept to grasp? That concept of the basic goodness, the cardinal virtues, of an INDIVIDUAL?

Timeline

"But sometimes, long distance relationships, by their own nature, hide a lot of things and people realize too late that there were some problems."

Thank you very much, that's the reason I'm here is to learn from other people's experience unlike some other people who read some fluff and stuff on the Internet sites about women from other countries being ideal housewifes, maids, etc. then dive right in join a website get a genuine sincere woman all excited about what a great guy he is and falls in love with him then when he goes over there finds out that the real person is not what the virtual person described. I realize that basic human nature is the same almost everywhere. But as you guys can probably guess the reason I'm on this forum and not a different one, is because after experiencing relationships in this country that have not worked out successfully, I am still a man with feelings and emotions and desires, and what I have seen, and read about FSU women and how they are decidedly different than not all but many women in this country, you guys that are married to them know what I'm talking about, my first wife had three boys 6,7 and nine years old when I met her, I wanted a family to come home to every day someone to love and someone to love me no more no less,, we did not have any children together and things didn't work out. But in retrospect I discovered she was only after me because I had 2 acres of land and a home. This was in Texas in 1989, so I think she just hooked up with me to get out from living with her grandparents in a crowded home. The last one I told you about a while ago had two girls when I met her one was 8 And one was 12. so no I have not been lucky in love. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop trying. And from past experience personally, and talking to guys at work there seems to be a common denominator with women in this country. And I think you all know what that might be. If I get a K-1 Visa, to bring her over here we have 90 days to get married, if I get married first then bring her over its basically the same scenario, I get to know her through communication through e-mails and Skype but that is not the same as living together on a day-to-day basis and really truly getting to know each other to have a better idea if things are going to work out or not. O.K. I know I'm going to get questions about this one as I met one online communicated four months then went over there stayed 10 days and got married.. that's another reason I'm on this forum for FSU, RUB is to learn from my mistakes and to have a better chance at the kind of relationship you guys have. I literally spend hours writing and rewriting letters because I use bing translate, and when I convert it to Russian and then back to English the meaning is all mixed up from what I am trying to convey so I use the thesaurus and enter other words that mean the same or similar things in order to get my message across. I am also communicating with a young man from mykayebo,Ukraine. Who I met on communication exchange on the Internet, he wanted to improve his English and in exchange is helping me to learn Russian. This is turning out to be better than the CDs you can buy because he was correcting me on my pronunciation I'm very impressed with how patient he is in helping me to learn. He said his reason is that he would like to see more people understand the Russian language as it is not widely used around the world. I forget what you call it but he's one who studies words and is very interested in foreign languages. So it's not like I'm not doing my best to get a complete and thorough understanding of what lies ahead in my Visa Journey. As always I thank you all again for all of your help. And I also want to say a hearty thank you to the people posting on the topics I have begun who are speaking in my defense with some of these other people who are posting on here...

I would not have advised you to marry someone after emails and 10 days of knowing them. Even an FSU woman. Take your time. There are some incredibly wonderful women in the FSU, and many of them are incredibly beautiful. Find one.

I think you said you are 52 years old, right? I am going to suggest you NOT go after women a whole lot younger than you. I make NO judgements about anyone else's relationship and I know there are many men married to younger women, my wife is young enough to be my younger sister, not my daughter. But still, I think you find that many of the qualities FSU women are known or renown for are more ingrained in women that had their education in the FSU. Just sayin' And there are a LOT of very attractive women in their 40s.

I know Kip loves the 18 year old gymnasts but I would want to meet their mother! :lol:

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.