Danno

ZImmerman: The racist?.

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Zimmerman family member calls NAACP ‘racists,’ in open letter, says ‘there will be blood on your hands’ if George is hurt

194492d2a4ee48a6b8a5a478e6abc869-300x197.jpg In a letter obtained exclusively by The Daily Caller on Monday, a family member of George Zimmerman ripped Seminole County, Fla. NAACP president Turner Clayton for a rush to judgment in the Trayvon Martin case.

“It’s time for you to end the race issue in this matter and call for cooler heads to prevail,” the letter reads. “If something happens to George as a result of the race furor stirred up by this mischaracterization of George there will be blood on your hands as well as the rest of the racists that have rushed to judgment. You need to call off the dogs. Period. Publicly and swiftly.”

George, the letter adds, “has been called a racist and a bigot and there have been very few that have stood up for him.” The letter was addressed to Clayton at the NAACP’s national headquarters in Baltimore.

The family member, whose identity TheDC has confirmed but is withholding out of concern for the Zimmerman family’s safety, said George Zimmerman “has been found guilty” in the court of public opinion “until proven innocent,” adding that the details of what happened on Feb. 26 — the night Zimmerman shot Martin in what he claims was self-defense — “will not be disclosed until the police report is made public.”

“Regardless of this fact, George Zimmerman has been hiding for his life because of the death threats made against him by the black community … all of our family is in hiding and frankly scared by the threats,” the family member wrote in the letter dated March 26, but shared with TheDC on Monday.

“There has been an unprecedented rush to judge George regardless of the facts. The black community as a whole has turned their backs and blindly followed the furor stirred up by self-proclaimed leaders of your community. These leaders have rallies and chant horrible things of a person they know nothing about.” (RELATED: Full coverage of the Trayvon Martin shooting)

The letter also described how Zimmerman was one of “very few” in Sanford, Fla., who spoke out publicly to condemn the “beating of the black homeless man Sherman Ware on December 4, 2010 by the son of a Sanford police officer.”

“Do you know the individual that stepped up when no one else in the black community would?” the family member wrote. “Do you know who spent tireless hours putting flyers on the cars of persons parked in the churches of the black community? Do you know who waited for the church‐goers to get out of church so that he could hand them fliers in an attempt to organize the black community against this horrible miscarriage of justice? Do you know who helped organize the City Hall meeting on January 8th, 2011 at Sanford City Hall??”

“That person was GEORGE ZIMMERMAN. Ironic isn’t it?”

“The main point for this letter is to explain to you that the black community has labeled George a racist without any investigation at all,” the letter continued. “Regardless of the fact that George personally spoke to many of your constituents, not one has stepped forward and said, ‘Hey I know that face. That is the Hispanic guy that was standing up for Sherman Ware. That was the only non‐black face in the meetings for justice in this case.’”

“You know as well as I do that there are many NAACP followers that recognize George from the Ware case as well as many other good things that he’s done for the black community.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/02/zimmerman-family-member-calls-naacp-racists-says-there-will-be-blood-on-your-hands-if-george-is-hurt/#ixzz1qzUuITok

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

There's going to be a revolution in order to fix this country and set it right again. Afterwards the NAACP will become nothing more than a bad memory.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Where did all the "hoodies" go? Where are the "vigils"? Why aren't the parents being entertained in Washington anymore? What happened?

HellLLOOOOOOOOOOO! Hoodies, are you out there? <crickets>

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Good thing we don't allow lynching anymore

when was lynching "allowed"?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Slept through history class, eh?

No answer, eh? When was lynching allowed? Post the time frame in our history (you know, from history class) when it was allowed.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

The U.S. Congress never outlawed lynching. In 2005 it apologized for that omission. States that had made the practice illegal rarely enforced the laws, allowing lynchers to get away with murder. Until the passing of the Civil Rights Act in 1968, there no comprehensive action against lynching.

It was not congress' duty. They have no law against armed robbery either or murder, except on federal property or banks. No federal law against rape either. NO STATE EVER ALLOWED lynching as a legal practice. That some law enforcement agencies turned a blind eye to criminal acts does not mean something was ALLOWED. No more than if law enforcement now does not enforce a drug smuggling law, it does not mean drug smuggling is "allowed". It means it was a more common CRIMINAL PRACTICE at one time.

Must you constantly be so ridiculous?

Stop the mealy mouthed nonsense talk. You know as well as I that lynching was never allowed in any jurisdiction as an acceptable form of justice. Even trying to insinuate it is asinine

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

The U.S. Congress never outlawed lynching. In 2005 it apologized for that omission. States that had made the practice illegal rarely enforced the laws, allowing lynchers to get away with murder. Until the passing of the Civil Rights Act in 1968, there no comprehensive action against lynching.

Just curious as to what kind of brainless moron gives a +1 to a post that says really...nothing?

I mean it is about as much typing as I have ever seen to avoid answering. Lynching was never allowed at any time in any jursidiction as a legal means of punishment. I learned that in history class. Just say so Sofiyya.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

when was lynching "allowed"?

http://www.jimcrowhistory.org/resources/lessonplans/hs_es_emmett_till.htm

A week after the two men's arrest, an all-white Sumner County grand jury surprised southerners when it ordered Bryant and Milam to stand trial for the murder of Emmett Till. Since 1880, more than 500 people had been lynched in Mississippi, and only rarely was any legal action taken against whites who committed violence against blacks. Because of this long-standing "white" immunity against prosecution for lynching, many people believed that this was the first time a Mississippi court would hear a case of white men accused of a crime against a black man. It wasn't the first case, but it quickly became the most famous.

The nature of the crime, a black teenage boy murdered for being rude to a white woman, and the gruesome photos of Emmett's corpse that appeared in Jet magazine drew national attention. Thousands of people attended his funeral in Chicago, hundreds of thousands read about his murder, and the trial held in Sumner, the county seat of Tallahatchie County, drew more than 70 newspaper, magazine, radio, and TV reporters from across the United States.

Immediately after the murder, many citizens of Mississippi condemned the killing, but the intense media attention and the harsh criticism from northern states and civil rights groups like the NAACP put Mississippi racists on the defensive. In response to the widespread claims in the northern and African-American press that Emmett Till's murder was a racist-inspired lynching, Mississippi Governor Hugh White denied that race was a factor in the crime. "This is not a lynching," he told reporters. "It is straight out murder."

Mississippi whites soon rallied to the cause. Almost overnight, Bryant and Milam went from criminals to martyrs as local authorities and newspapers reacted against pressure from the North that they feared would change "the southern way of life." They weren't defending two killers; they were defending the South. The trial, held in a segregated courtroom, lasted only one week, and, despite ample evidence and a vigorous effort from state prosecutors, the case was lost before it began. Although it was remarkable that this trial was even being held in the Mississippi Delta in the mid 1950s, the odds were slight that a white man would be convicted by a white jury for killing a black man. In his closing remarks, one defense attorney told the jurors that "every last Anglo-Saxon one of you men in this jury has the courage to set these men free." In the muggy afternoon of September 23, 1955, the all-white jury deliberated barely an hour before declaring Roy Bryant and J. W. Milam innocent. T

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just curious as to what kind of brainless moron gives a +1 to a post that says really...nothing?

I mean it is about as much typing as I have ever seen to avoid answering. Lynching was never allowed at any time in any jursidiction as a legal means of punishment. I learned that in history class. Just say so Sofiyya.

being allowed and being legal are not the same thing

Timeline

http://www.jimcrowhistory.org/resources/lessonplans/hs_es_emmett_till.htm

A week after the two men's arrest, an all-white Sumner County grand jury surprised southerners when it ordered Bryant and Milam to stand trial for the murder of Emmett Till. Since 1880, more than 500 people had been lynched in Mississippi, and only rarely was any legal action taken against whites who committed violence against blacks. Because of this long-standing "white" immunity against prosecution for lynching, many people believed that this was the first time a Mississippi court would hear a case of white men accused of a crime against a black man. It wasn't the first case, but it quickly became the most famous.

The nature of the crime, a black teenage boy murdered for being rude to a white woman, and the gruesome photos of Emmett's corpse that appeared in Jet magazine drew national attention. Thousands of people attended his funeral in Chicago, hundreds of thousands read about his murder, and the trial held in Sumner, the county seat of Tallahatchie County, drew more than 70 newspaper, magazine, radio, and TV reporters from across the United States.

Immediately after the murder, many citizens of Mississippi condemned the killing, but the intense media attention and the harsh criticism from northern states and civil rights groups like the NAACP put Mississippi racists on the defensive. In response to the widespread claims in the northern and African-American press that Emmett Till's murder was a racist-inspired lynching, Mississippi Governor Hugh White denied that race was a factor in the crime. "This is not a lynching," he told reporters. "It is straight out murder."

Mississippi whites soon rallied to the cause. Almost overnight, Bryant and Milam went from criminals to martyrs as local authorities and newspapers reacted against pressure from the North that they feared would change "the southern way of life." They weren't defending two killers; they were defending the South. The trial, held in a segregated courtroom, lasted only one week, and, despite ample evidence and a vigorous effort from state prosecutors, the case was lost before it began. Although it was remarkable that this trial was even being held in the Mississippi Delta in the mid 1950s, the odds were slight that a white man would be convicted by a white jury for killing a black man. In his closing remarks, one defense attorney told the jurors that "every last Anglo-Saxon one of you men in this jury has the courage to set these men free." In the muggy afternoon of September 23, 1955, the all-white jury deliberated barely an hour before declaring Roy Bryant and J. W. Milam innocent. T

It was illegal. If you can disagree with something I stated, please do so. Feel free to read again.

Gary And Alla