crea78

Appointment Letter Not Received (Yet)

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

no foreign police cert needed... liklihood of getting the medical done the same day is very very low... Most show up very early in the AM and try to get in W/O an appt. appt's can often be set for several weeks or a month down the road... it is worth a try to head to the hospital after she gets the doc to see if they can fit her in, but don't count on same day...

be sure the police cert looks the same as the one here My link

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks for the info once again Scott. :)

Adjustment of Status Journey

July 05, 2012: Sent package off to Chicago

July 13, 2012: NOA received via email & text

July 16, 2012: Checked cashed

July 19, 2012: Received hard copy Form I-797C in the mail

July 21, 2012: Biometrics letter arrived by mail

July 31, 2012: AOS trransferred to CSC

Aug. 07, 2012: Biometrics completed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This community is amazing. I called DOS and they told me they already sent the packet 3 on March 22. I was happy but at the same time very upset. Oh well. Thanks to everyone for their input on this. You are all great.

Timeline

The US calculate in Vietnam is driving me insane. I spoke to the operator in the US consulate in Vietnam and she couldn't provide me with information on the status of my case or refer me to another department that could.

They received my case more for more than two weeks now. My fiancé has not received her P3 yet. Today I told her to go a turn in her DS-230 at the US consulate instead of waiting for P3. We already have a HCM# case number so I think is OK to turn it in already although I have read in this forum that many advice not to until P3 arrives.

How did you go about the P3 (DS-230) Did you lady turn it in her self? Who did she gave it to? Did she have to go inside the US consulate or is there an office outside collecting paperwork? Did she mail it? Did she get a receipt?

Please advice

You cant submit it until they send it... I know this because I tried and they refused to accep mine until they sent it... They may have the electronic version of the file but the hard copy takes a whilelonger.. Call DoS and when they say that pkt 3 has been sent, then you can submit the docs...you can't get any info from a phone call to the consulate.. they stopped that years ago...

This community is amazing. I called DOS and they told me they already sent the packet 3 on March 22. I was happy but at the same time very upset. Oh well. Thanks to everyone for their input on this. You are all great.

Since they sent pkt 3, she can hand deliver the docs or you can email or fax them... I dodnt trust the snail mail there...:thumbs:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

also remember if she's not up-to-date she will need shots also before the medical. you can get a medical appointment usually within a week (or at least iom). fun time for me calling the vaccination place and iom back and forth asking what was needed. in the end she needed 5 shots over there and just had her last one before AOS.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

those 2 docs yes...all info read this thread including dos #s where you can call usa line and they should have the info for you when available:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/360744-still-waiting-for-package-3/

I called them this morning and was told that they already sent packet 3 on the 22 of March. I was so mad but glad that our case is moving. Thanks for this info. She mailed it but I also told her to bring the papers her self as well. I am going to send it using their new form system on the consulates web site and fax it as well.

Edited by Jacob and Ngan

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Finally my fiancee got her appointment letter, by email. Since her sister lives in HCMC, she went to the Consolute and they told her to give them an email stating the appointment letter was not received. Last night while talking to both my fiancee and her sister on Yahoo Messenger, my fiancee got the email from the Consolute. It contained the appointment letter she needed, and was able to download and print it off. Now my fiancee will have to go for her medical exam.

Adjustment of Status Journey

July 05, 2012: Sent package off to Chicago

July 13, 2012: NOA received via email & text

July 16, 2012: Checked cashed

July 19, 2012: Received hard copy Form I-797C in the mail

July 21, 2012: Biometrics letter arrived by mail

July 31, 2012: AOS trransferred to CSC

Aug. 07, 2012: Biometrics completed

Timeline

Hello Mave,

I saw your post on a thread and was very surprised by how quickly you received your NOA 2...in less then 2 months it seemed.

Can I ask if you have any trick as to how to speed it up so quickly...

Thank you,

we have thesame problem

Timeline

Hello Mave,

I saw your post on a thread and was very surprised by how quickly you received your NOA 2...in less then 2 months it seemed.

Can I ask if you have any trick as to how to speed it up so quickly...

Thank you,

No secret, its the luck of the draw...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.