crea78

Appointment Letter Not Received (Yet)

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was chatting with my fiancee last nite and she has yet to receive her appointment letter from the Embassy by mail. Her interview is only 3 weeks away and I reminded her how important this document is to have in order to do her medical exam and conduct the interview. Can she call the Embassy and request them to send another one [in case the original got lost in the mail]?? I told her if she doesn't get it by this Friday, to go the Embassy on Monday and see if they can give it to her in person. Are these the correct actions to take because like I said before, the interview is fast approaching!!

Thanks

Edited by crea78

Adjustment of Status Journey

July 05, 2012: Sent package off to Chicago

July 13, 2012: NOA received via email & text

July 16, 2012: Checked cashed

July 19, 2012: Received hard copy Form I-797C in the mail

July 21, 2012: Biometrics letter arrived by mail

July 31, 2012: AOS trransferred to CSC

Aug. 07, 2012: Biometrics completed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we have thesame problem

Febuary 13 - Sent I-129f

Febuary 17 - NOA1

March 15 - RFE

March 16 - Replied RFE

March 21 - NOA2

March 26 - NVC received

March 26 - Got MNL case #

March 26 - Received NOA2 hard copy

March 26 - Paid BPI $350

April 17 - Medical( St. Lukes)

April 24 - Interview (Administrative Review 221g

May 15 - received text from to go that visa is ready for pick up!! (OMG! finally!!)

THANK YOU LORD FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS...

Timeline

Thank you quann :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Don't go to the Embassy(it's in HaNoi).. Go to the Consulate... They will issue her a letter that will allow her to get the medical done.. she needs to get that straight away and don't delay .

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

I keep saying Embassy even though I know she has to go to the Consolute in HCMC. Hopefully my fiancée will go this Friday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The US calculate in Vietnam is driving me insane. I spoke to the operator in the US consulate in Vietnam and she couldn't provide me with information on the status of my case or refer me to another department that could.

They received my case more for more than two weeks now. My fiancé has not received her P3 yet. Today I told her to go a turn in her DS-230 at the US consulate instead of waiting for P3. We already have a HCM# case number so I think is OK to turn it in already although I have read in this forum that many advice not to until P3 arrives.

How did you go about the P3 (DS-230) Did you lady turn it in her self? Who did she gave it to? Did she have to go inside the US consulate or is there an office outside collecting paperwork? Did she mail it? Did she get a receipt?

Please advice

Timeline

The US calculate in Vietnam is driving me insane. I spoke to the operator in the US consulate in Vietnam and she couldn't provide me with information on the status of my case or refer me to another department that could.

They received my case more for more than two weeks now. My fiancé has not received her P3 yet. Today I told her to go a turn in her DS-230 at the US consulate instead of waiting for P3. We already have a HCM# case number so I think is OK to turn it in already although I have read in this forum that many advice not to until P3 arrives.

How did you go about the P3 (DS-230) Did you lady turn it in her self? Who did she gave it to? Did she have to go inside the US consulate or is there an office outside collecting paperwork? Did she mail it? Did she get a receipt?

Please advice

The Packet 3 IS NOT sent by mail like you and I have found out. Instead, they will email your fiancee on what to do and a link to the forms she will need to fill out and sign. Personally, since my fiancee is not very computer literate, I filled out the DS-230 for her and then faxed her the forms she needed. My fiancee then went to HCMC and handed her documents to a CO at the Consolute. A couple weeks later, I got an email stating they have received P3.

Good luck to you and your fiancee and hope it will go smooth from here.

Timeline

The Packet 3 IS NOT sent by mail like you and I have found out. Instead, they will email your fiancee on what to do and a link to the forms she will need to fill out and sign. Personally, since my fiancee is not very computer literate, I filled out the DS-230 for her and then faxed her the forms she needed. My fiancee then went to HCMC and handed her documents to a CO at the Consolute. A couple weeks later, I got an email stating they have received P3.

Good luck to you and your fiancee and hope it will go smooth from here.

I appreciate so much this information. The problem is that I never gave them my fiancé email because I didn't see anywhere in the application for K-1 a space requesting that.

What besides the DS-230 she needs to turn in?

I hear stuff about a DS-2001 as well.... Did she also had to submit a DS-2001 with her DS-230.

Can you please share with me the direct links to the US Consulate in Vietnam to download the forms my self?

Please provide me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Timeline

those 2 docs yes...all info read this thread including dos #s where you can call usa line and they should have the info for you when available:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/360744-still-waiting-for-package-3/

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was chatting with my fiancee last nite and she has yet to receive her appointment letter from the Embassy by mail. Her interview is only 3 weeks away and I reminded her how important this document is to have in order to do her medical exam and conduct the interview. Can she call the Embassy and request them to send another one [in case the original got lost in the mail]?? I told her if she doesn't get it by this Friday, to go the Embassy on Monday and see if they can give it to her in person. Are these the correct actions to take because like I said before, the interview is fast approaching!!

Thanks

I think they do not allow you to go in without interview letter. there are 3 weeks away yet, you have to wait she will receive the letter. Good Luck

Timeline

Jacob - See below!

Op - Per Scott's comment, Instruction Package for K1 Visa (formerly known as package 3) can be found at the following location:

http://hochiminh.usc...ms/package.html

When you call the DOS and they tell you the package has been sent, you can actually go to consulate and drop off Forms DS-2001 and DS-230 Part I (DS 2001) is at bottom of instructions.

My fiancee at the time never received package 3.

Best wishes!

Timeline

Crea - Your fiancee can pick up a copy of the letter at the consulate. Since we didn't trust the mail system in VN, my fiance (now wife) went to get a copy so she could do the physical.

BTW - My wife never received the infamous packet 3.

Timeline

Can my fiancée do her medical the same day she goes and gets the letter, or does she need to make an appointment?

Timeline

Another question, my fiancee already got her Justice Record Check, but since she has lived in Vietnam all her life, does she need the Foreign Police Certificate as well?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.