MyJourney1

Infrequent Visits - Frown Upon?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:wow: I can't get over how smart you are! Thanks! :)

awwww you are too kind thanks. Hey we are all here to make this journey as painless as possible. No wahala. biggrin.gif

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I would go again. It's totally worth it. I planned a second trip before we received our NOA2. Then after I purchased the tickets, we received our NOA2 and I was able to be there for Ben's interview on that same trip...we were very blessed. I was planning on going again for the interview if I had to. Thank God, I didn't! It's a longgggg trip, but I would have if I had to because it's worth every ounce. Stay blessed.

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: Timeline

Yea I'd definitely recommend going again. Lagos is a tough consulate to get through, and from other posters here on VJ I get the feeling they always immediately think fraud and it's your job to prove them otherwise.

I know that one short visit is a major red flag at most consulates, especially so in Lagos.

From the CO's point of view, what he sees is a person from a third world country marrying an American, knowing it's one of the only ways to get into the US legally. The fact that he's marrying someone he has only met once for a short period of time will make most COs shake their heads no matter how legitimate your relationship is. I'd definitely plan on a second trip, and hopefully be in the Nigeria during his interview too. It's expensive, but helps your case a lot.

Remember, the most obvious fraud cases always involve an American travelling to a third world country solely for the purpose of getting married or to show they've met at least once. Few obvious fraudsters will go through the cost and hassle of visiting frequently.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Im sure it depends on the consulate, but my Fiance and I haven't visited each other frequently due to my work schedule and his business schedule. And when we do it is rare that it is longer than a week :blush: and we live only 3000 miles away with no ocean between us lol

I also have to agree with jaejayC, the CO may question why there was only 1 trip and that is the trip you got engaged. If possible (financially) make another trip and gather as much evidence as possible.

Edited by OurHappyEnding

10/25/2011 - Sent I129F to Texas

10/28/2011 - Texas received/Check Cashed

11/01/2011 - NOA1 (6 days after mailing)

03/22/2012 - NOA2 (142 days after NOA1)

04/20/2012 - Received Interview Date (June 4th)

05/22/2012 - Medisys Medical(Done!)

06/04/2012 - Interview in MTL (APPROVED!)

event.png

ticker.png

Timeline

Here is a letter from Lagos Consulate from the USCIS.gov site. As you can see they don't come right out and say if you visit this many times for this amount of time. They instead stipulate photographs which of course means face time together. I have known of friends who visited onetime got married and approved and others dated for years made 5 or 6 visits got married and denied. So who knows.

I married my first visit last year but stayed 6 months. Who knows. we'll all know soon enough if that was good or not cuz I have no idea when I will be able to go next.

Revised 08/01/11

Dear Visa Applicant,

If you are applying for an immigrant visa that is based on your relationship (either family or marital) to someone living in the United States, you will need to show evidence to demonstrate your relationship with the petitioner during the visa interview. Listed below are examples of documentation that other applicants have found helpful in the past.

If your visa application is based upon a marital relationship, you may wish to bring any or all of the following to your interview:

Photos of you and your spouse taken before and during the marriage.

Telephone bills from a U.S. Company from your spouse with calls to you highlighted.

Correspondence exchanged between you and your spouse or correspondence sent to you and your spouse by other family members.

Birth certificates of any children born of the marriage.

Evidence of joint bank accounts, leases or mortgages held jointly, life and medical insurance policies indicating beneficiaries, car registrations showing joint ownership and addresses, driver's licenses for both spouses, utility bills and rent receipts.

Tax returns for the past 3-4 years.

If your visa application is based on a relationship with a child, parent, or sibling you may wish to bring any or all of the following to you visa interview:

Photographs taken over a period of years of yourself and your relative together.

Letters with envelopes and post marks exchanged between yourself and your relative.

h A certified copy of your relative's passport showing the picture page, biographic data page, and with stamps indicating travel between Nigeria and the United States.

Letters and photographs provided in support of your visa applicant should cover a period of several years; preferably before your petition was filed. The more letters and photographs you can provide, the stronger your case will be.

We hope that this information will prove helpful in your application for an immigrant visa.

United States Consulate General

Lagos, Nigeria

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Just to let you know and this is just an FYI there is no sure way to gurantee approval you can vist once and be approved, you can visit a million times and not be approved you can be there during the interview and not be approved and vice versa... Just be organized pay attention to detail and have faith. It appears that you r a bit stressed because some of your questions such as can u attend the interview have been asked by you and u have once asked again. I would say read everything about Nigeria here on VJ study study and do more studying preparation is the best way to be prepared for the interview as well as this whole VJ Good Luck :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

Just to let you know and this is just an FYI there is no sure way to gurantee approval you can vist once and be approved, you can visit a million times and not be approved you can be there during the interview and not be approved and vice versa... Just be organized pay attention to detail and have faith. It appears that you r a bit stressed because some of your questions such as can u attend the interview have been asked by you and u have once asked again. I would say read everything about Nigeria here on VJ study study and do more studying preparation is the best way to be prepared for the interview as well as this whole VJ Good Luck :thumbs:

Amen so agree. One thing MyJourney1 I did last weekend was sat in-front of this computer all weekend and read all 198 Consulate reviews for Lagos. Copied all questions and put in a word doc. Now I am cleaning it up so I can send to my husband in Nigeria. Even questions that don't pertain to us I want my husband still to be prepared for trick questions. It's a fun thing to do a game me and my husband play with Q & A time. Most times his brain is fried (funny he knows now my 1st grade teachers name and first pet fluffy).

Preparation is very key so in this wait time just get interview questions together discuss and talk and learn and know alot more about one another.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Other Timeline

I would go again. It's totally worth it. I planned a second trip before we received our NOA2. Then after I purchased the tickets, we received our NOA2 and I was able to be there for Ben's interview on that same trip...we were very blessed. I was planning on going again for the interview if I had to. Thank God, I didn't! It's a longgggg trip, but I would have if I had to because it's worth every ounce. Stay blessed.

Thanks! :) By the way, I love the photos of you two (Good-looking couple)! :thumbs:

Yea I'd definitely recommend going again. Lagos is a tough consulate to get through, and from other posters here on VJ I get the feeling they always immediately think fraud and it's your job to prove them otherwise.

I know that one short visit is a major red flag at most consulates, especially so in Lagos.

From the CO's point of view, what he sees is a person from a third world country marrying an American, knowing it's one of the only ways to get into the US legally. The fact that he's marrying someone he has only met once for a short period of time will make most COs shake their heads no matter how legitimate your relationship is. I'd definitely plan on a second trip, and hopefully be in the Nigeria during his interview too. It's expensive, but helps your case a lot.

Remember, the most obvious fraud cases always involve an American travelling to a third world country solely for the purpose of getting married or to show they've met at least once. Few obvious fraudsters will go through the cost and hassle of visiting frequently.

YES! Thank you! :)

Here is a letter from Lagos Consulate from the USCIS.gov site. As you can see they don't come right out and say if you visit this many times for this amount of time. They instead stipulate photographs which of course means face time together. I have known of friends who visited onetime got married and approved and others dated for years made 5 or 6 visits got married and denied. So who knows.

I married my first visit last year but stayed 6 months. Who knows. we'll all know soon enough if that was good or not cuz I have no idea when I will be able to go next.

Revised 08/01/11

Dear Visa Applicant,

If you are applying for an immigrant visa that is based on your relationship (either family or marital) to someone living in the United States, you will need to show evidence to demonstrate your relationship with the petitioner during the visa interview. Listed below are examples of documentation that other applicants have found helpful in the past.

If your visa application is based upon a marital relationship, you may wish to bring any or all of the following to your interview:

Photos of you and your spouse taken before and during the marriage.

Telephone bills from a U.S. Company from your spouse with calls to you highlighted.

Correspondence exchanged between you and your spouse or correspondence sent to you and your spouse by other family members.

Birth certificates of any children born of the marriage.

Evidence of joint bank accounts, leases or mortgages held jointly, life and medical insurance policies indicating beneficiaries, car registrations showing joint ownership and addresses, driver's licenses for both spouses, utility bills and rent receipts.

Tax returns for the past 3-4 years.

If your visa application is based on a relationship with a child, parent, or sibling you may wish to bring any or all of the following to you visa interview:

Photographs taken over a period of years of yourself and your relative together.

Letters with envelopes and post marks exchanged between yourself and your relative.

h A certified copy of your relative's passport showing the picture page, biographic data page, and with stamps indicating travel between Nigeria and the United States.

Letters and photographs provided in support of your visa applicant should cover a period of several years; preferably before your petition was filed. The more letters and photographs you can provide, the stronger your case will be.

We hope that this information will prove helpful in your application for an immigrant visa.

United States Consulate General

Lagos, Nigeria

Dwheels76, Thank you so much for this sample letter; good information! :)

Edited by MyJourney1

You are so right! Thank you for your comment, and I will do a lot of studying and preparation. Thanks! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nope they won't let you in Embassy with him. But here's a tip I learned here on VJ. Give him your Passport when you arrive at embassy. When he is asked to hand over passport he will hand over yours also and that will alert the CO that you are there.

although this can be a suggested idea wit the passport, do not bank on it has a get out of jail card.. ur guy needs to be ready to answer questions confidently and consistently.. if da CO starts askin for any additional evidence, or if CO asks wen was the last time u came, he can then show da passport and say u are waiting outside. do not under-estimate the consulate or think theres a easy way.. to be honest ive seen here on VJ, at least since ive been on, that majority of the intvws that went well did not hv the petitioner present in naija. i knw da support is gd and u can rejoice together, but i think this makes the beneficiary not prepare and focus well.. or do things last minute.. as naija's most of us hv this mindset wit things.. i once kid wit my fiancee that if i had bn around, there wasnt gonna be any luvy luvy play after da first day i arrive..lol.. funny, but i hp u get my point..

also, smetimes ur posts/question come out as if ur too nervous lukin ahead.. i hp ur guy is da steady one cuz one of u will need to be da driver, and i recommend its da US citizen

Edited by favored
Civ4UrA.jpgCiv4m5.png

Timeline

The consulate knows that sites like VJ exist and that people use the to prepare for the interview. They are also really good at detecting an applicant that has been prepared like this for an interview and it is actually a red flag ( we aren't for real so lets pratice the answers we would use if we are for real ) The tip off is they know the answers right away to the standard questions and not so quick on the others. Be careful about over preparing.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

The consulate knows that sites like VJ exist and that people use the to prepare for the interview. They are also really good at detecting an applicant that has been prepared like this for an interview and it is actually a red flag ( we aren't for real so lets pratice the answers we would use if we are for real ) The tip off is they know the answers right away to the standard questions and not so quick on the others. Be careful about over preparing.

No, I'm not going to over-prepare and I understand what you're saying. My fiance and I agreed to be ourselves and tell the truth not matter what; it'll eliminate too much nervousness and our conscious will stay clear. It's just that so many people defraud the system that it makes it more difficult for sincere ones to get VISAs. It's truly a shame we live in a world today where we cannot be with the ones we love so much and want to spend the rest of our lives with without a fight; having to prove ourselves to a Government who is already corrupt in the first place. :(

Edited by MyJourney1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.