together4evr

Egypt Travel warning from Embassy

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The U.S. Department of State alerts U.S. citizens traveling to or living in Egypt to the continuing possibility of sporadic unrest. Egypt will hold the first round of presidential elections May 23-24, 2012, and if needed, a second round June 16-17, 2012. The new president is scheduled to take office no later than June 30, 2012. Political rallies and demonstrations are likely to occur in the period leading up to and following the elections and during the drafting of a new constitution. In the past year, demonstrations have degenerated on occasion into violent clashes between police and protesters, in some instances resulting in deaths, injuries, and extensive property damage. U.S. citizens are urged to remain alert to local security developments and to be vigilant regarding their personal security. The security situation in most tourist centers, including Luxor, Aswan, and the Red Sea Resorts such as Sharm el Sheikh, continues to be calm. This Travel Alert supersedes the Travel Alert dated November 7, 2011 and updates information on the security situation and upcoming elections. This Travel Alert expires June 30, 2012.

The U.S. Department of State strongly urges U.S. citizens to avoid all demonstrations in Egypt, as even peaceful ones can quickly become violent and a foreigner could become a target of harassment or worse. Several U.S. citizens have been arrested during demonstrations. Should security forces block off the area around the U.S. Embassy during demonstrations, U.S. citizens should not attempt to come to the U.S. Embassy during that time. U.S. citizens are urged to remain alert to local security developments and to carry identification and, if moving about alone, a cell phone or other means of communication that works in Egypt.

The U.S. Embassy is open for all routine American Citizens' Services by appointment. U.S. citizens needing emergency assistance do not need an appointment. Visit the Embassy website to check the latest changes to Embassy hours or services. U.S. citizens with routine phone inquiries may call the Embassy's American Citizens Services section at (20)2-2797-2301, Sunday to Thursday from 1:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. For emergencies after business hours and on weekends and holidays, U.S. citizens can contact the Embassy Duty Officer via the Embassy switchboard on (20)2-2797-3300. The U.S. Embassy is closed on U.S. federal holidays. U.S. citizens in Egypt are encouraged to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). By enrolling, U.S. citizens make it easier for the Embassy to contact them in case of emergency.

For the latest security information, U.S. citizens traveling abroad should regularly monitor the Department of State's Internet website at travel.state.gov where the Worldwide Caution, Country Specific Information for Egypt, Travel Warnings, and Travel Alerts can be found. Follow us on Twitter and the Bureau of Consular Affairs page on Facebook as well. Download our free Smart Traveler iPhone App to have travel information at your fingertips.

Up to date information on security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll free in the United States and Canada, or, for callers outside the United States and Canada, a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Lets hope for the best ..... :thumbs:

K1 Timeline

I-129f Sent ............................. 07/11/2011

I-129f Rec'd............................ 07/13/2011

NOA1 ...................................... 07/15/2011

NOA2 ...................................... 11/22/2011

NVC Received ...................... 11/30/2011

NVC Left ................................. 12/07/2011

Consulate Received ............ 12/13/2011

Packet 3 Received ............... 12/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent ........................ 12/28/2011

Packet 4 Received ................ 2/2/2012 (Received a phone call)

Interview ................................ 2/5/2012 - APPROVED!! ... WITH AP

Visa Rec'd................................ 6/13/2012

AOS received..............................9/12/2012

EAD............................................11/29/2012

GC????????

Timeline

I hope all stays calm. I used to worry about my husband so much during the riots even though he lived in a safe place. Now he is with me but I will worry about him worrying for all his family.

And I posted this in case people were planning to travel to Egypt so they were aware.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

I hope all stays calm. I used to worry about my husband so much during the riots even though he lived in a safe place. Now he is with me but I will worry about him worrying for all his family.

And I posted this in case people were planning to travel to Egypt so they were aware.

yea we were really worried about our family when the chaos was happening i just cant wait to get my fiance away from the unstableness :(

K1 Timeline

GC????????

Timeline

I hope your AP ends this week. Have you been calling DOS or emailing the embassy?

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

yea we were really worried about our family when the chaos was happening i just cant wait to get my fiance away from the unstableness :(

I understand we all become so emotionally attached to this issue, but my advice is not to give into the fear campaign. It's so hard to do! In the begining I was soooooooooo worried for my fiance, until I went to the revolution. I have been in many many many political demonstrations before and this was no different, frankly.

However, I did understand then what my parents feel whenever I go to Cuba, Colombia or Chile for a protest. They don't stop me from going but it kills them!

Your fiance will be alright and everything will be ok.

Good luck and I hope you're reunited with your beloved soon!

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

Yes i have been calling and get the same generic response :wacko: i just dont understand why they would tell us 4-6 weeks and have us get our hopes up i mean i understand not being able to gauge the time it will take but dont feed me lies :bonk:

K1 Timeline

GC????????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm going to visit my family in Egypt in May .I will arrive on May 27 .And i will return on June 26 .I hope that everything will be OK and i will not stuck over there .:unsure:

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.