Renee and G

To Go or NoT to Go to the INTERVIEW???!!!

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

:unsure: My Fiance and I have been discussing whether or not I should attend his interview in 18 days! Our original plan was for me to go. Then we decided that he would go solo and we would instead fly to the US together when he was approved. My one-way ticket to see him is already booked and we are waiting until his interview to book our return flights together. We looked up tickets the other day for me to go to the interview with him and it would set us back another $1000 - 1200 for 3 days. I cannot go any longer because of my job and vacation time.

Like all couples who are in love, we will pay whatever it takes to make it happen and to be together. IF me being there will help us get a YES, then I definitely want to be there with him! (L)

A little bit about us:

---Met in September 2010, saw each other twice that year.

---In 2011, we saw each other on six times :yes: (some of the trips included meeting my sisters, family vacation to meet my parents, Easter Holiday, Christmas Holiday with his family)

---He has been denied a Tourist Visa 2 times.

:help:

We have tons of photos, phone conversations, plane tickets, etc to prove our relationship but I want to be really sure. Can my VJ friends help?

I totally know what you mean!!! I have the same question even though I am a few months behind you guys but still trying to plan ahead!

I wish I had the answer for you!!! Let me know what you decide and for sure keep us posted on how it goes in the Embassy :)

I know everything is going to go great! :dance:

28 Dec '11 - I-129F package sent

30 Dec '11 - NOA 1

24 May '12 - NOA 2

27 Jun '12 - NVC Received

29 Jun '12 - NVC left

08 Aug '12 - Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Ive gone back and forth on this decision as well, but I believe that we have sufficient proof of our relationship including call/chat logs, photos, itineraries, boarding passes, passport stamps, etc...and to me it sounds like you guys do as well!

If you havent already, I would definitely recommend reading the Embassy Reviews for Venezuela (which you can find a link for at the top of each VJ page)...reading these will give you a feel for if others thought it was beneficial/crucial to attend their fiances interview in your Beneficiarys country!

Good Luck!

:)

*Our K-1 Journey*

*11/7/11 - Sent I-129F Packet

*11/10/11 - Packet delivered to Dallas Lockbox

*11/16/11 - NOA1 Text/Email & Check Cashed

*11/19/11 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received (Notice Date 11/14/11)

*03/28/12 - NOA2 Text/Email (Notice Date 03/27/12)

*04/02/12 - NVC Recieved Package

*04/04/12 - NVC Sent Package to Embassy

*04/17/12 - Embassy emailed Packet 4 to me

*04/21/12 - USPS Interview Binder to Carlos

*04/26/12 - Carlos Medical Exam

*04/27/12 - Carlos receive Interview Binder from me

*05/04/12 - Carlos Interview 8:00 AM (Has to return with two more documents)

*05/14/12 - Carlos return to embassy with missing documents - VISA APPROVED

*05/18/12 - Carlos picks up VISA at Embassy

*05/19/12 - POE MIAMI

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

In our case you we had the same issue but we rather to do this together. We think that paying for a trip only for him to "pick me up" doesn't make any sense to us. If we get approved(In the name God I know we will), he's taking part of my clothe and personal stuff and then I'll take the other part with me. We all know about POE issues and having your US fiance doesn't make any difference. I met several couple who enter to the US together and they still have to wait between 2 til 5 hours.

I rather to have my fiance with me, (Im a pretty anxious person) giving me the support and we have the whole week off from work. If I were a CO,having the 2 of them together speak volumes about the couple in a good way. (Im not saying that going alone is a bad stuff, but having them together sounds better to me, is just my opinion)

I travel alone most of the times I don't care traveling alone. I'll try to book my flight tuesday or wednesday in a late flight so the airport wouldn't be so crowded and busy.

ThAT'S what we are planing but you know how it is, only in the hands of God. Hope you chose the right decision

Love youuuuuuuuu and thanks for the support btwwwwwwwwwwwww

blessings

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I almost forgot, he's coming back to the US next sunday without me cause I'll have to wait for my passport and that would take a few days and my fiance needs to go back to work. Meanwhile I'll be packing setting things up...that's our plan.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

To the OP, if you can find other embassy reports that are specifically for fiancés (men as opposed to fiancées-women), that might give you a bit more information.

For us, in Perú, he said only 3 men were waiting among more than 50 people. No one before him smiled when leaving the interview until he had his (making him very nervous). When asked why I was not with him, this was the question and his response.

Por qué su prometida no lo acompaña? (No, por razones de trabajo.).

It was satisfactory in Lima. Is this because it is always good enough or because he is male? Nobody can know.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Timeline

THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR HELP! :) :) :)

Thank God, I do think that we have enough evidence to prove that our relationship is real! This gives us peace! AFter speaking with our families and after reading your message Andrea, my heart is telling me to goooooo. you are right, it would speak volumes! I know that getting a Visa in Venezuela is not easy and I do not want to have any regrets. he is already nervous and I want to be there with him for every step because this is for our future. (L)

thank you for your help and support too!!!! i never imagined that i would be traveling to venezuela for 3 days hahaha but I may have to follow my heart on this one!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Check everywhere for flights--when I looked outside Expedia, Orbitz, and Trip Advisor, that was when I found the cheaper and much, much faster option through Mexico.

If you are unable to go, send a letter to be opened while he is waiting for the interview. Tell him he is awesome, you believe in him, that you know he will do just fine, and that you can't wait to see him in just a few days, and a few mushy things. Heck, write it on the back of a photo of you two together. (It's only 98 cents to mail a normal letter/card anywhere in the world!) Having that in his hand while he is standing at the interview-window-booth couldn't hurt and the boost to his confidence might make all the difference in the world.

(Even though the interview for my fiance was successful, I wish I had done this, just because I love him and it would have made him feel a little less nervous.)

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Timeline

awwwww that is so sweet, I absolutely LOVE that idea! more importantly, HE would LOVE it so much!!!

thanks for the ticket advice too. :wow: I am going to do some looking tonight. there would be no better feeling than to find a cheaper flight option! congratulations to the both of you on a successful interview!!!!! :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Then we decided that he would go solo and we would instead fly to the US together when he was approved.
Infamous last words. The most infamous last words ever spoken or written. NEVER PRESUME ISSUANCE OF A VISA!
we will pay whatever it takes to make it happen and to be together. IF me being there will help us get a YES, then I definitely want to be there with him!
Much better words. FAR better words.

Even if you're left in the waiting area or even not allowed inside the building at all, imagine the boon when he presents your U.S. passport to the consul as a first action and says "She's waiting outside." Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal!

Do not ever take any chances with any Latin American consulate.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

thank you for sharing your experience in Peru, I read your review and it was really helpful. I have been reading the reviews from Venezuela and it is true that you never really know what is going to happen. it is in God's hands. We need to make a decision on this and fast... :unsure:

Tbone, your message made me smile. especially the "goooooooooal" looking at your timeline, i see that you speak from experience. it definately puts things into perspective!!! thank you!

i would be so angry at myself if I had to regret not going and this decision is adding more stress. I wish that they would just TELL US to come or NOT to COME. it seems that most of you are saying that me going to his interview WILL HELP US! right?!?!

All this great advise helped me make my decision for when the time comes! Thank you Renee and G for posting this!! :thumbs:

28 Dec '11 - I-129F package sent

30 Dec '11 - NOA 1

24 May '12 - NOA 2

27 Jun '12 - NVC Received

29 Jun '12 - NVC left

08 Aug '12 - Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I went to the interview with my fiance. It made a huge difference given Egypt is a high fraud country. We were instatnly approved and he received his visa with 2 weeks; no AP. I don't know about Venezuela, but if it makes all the difference, go!

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

(It's only 98 cents to mail a normal letter/card anywhere in the world!)

:ot: It's $1.05 now. B-)

01/27/2011 - Trevor's N400 submitted
02/18/2011 - Married
04/02/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received - priority date 03/30/2011
07/08/2011 - Trevor is now a USC - called USCIS to request upgrade of the petition.
08/02/2011 - NOA2
09/08/2011 - LND case number received, medical booked
09/26/2011 - Case complete at NVC
09/30/2011 - Interview date assigned
11/08/2011 - Interview - approved!!
11/10/2011 - Visa in hand
12/04/2011 - POE in Atlanta
12/12/2011 - SSN number received in mail
12/12/2011 - Welcome notice received
01/06/2012 - Green card received
09/06/2013 - File for Removal of Conditions
10/01/2013 - Biometrics for ROC
02/03/2014 - Card production email received

02/17/2014 - 2nd card production email received

02/28/2014 - 10 year Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.