EuroMan

Citizenship and Annullment

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

It was annulled in Minnesota, I had no idea that she was filing for an annulment or divorce so I couldn't contest it, it's now (6 years) later that I am trying to take this to a higher court, ridiculous how they can cancelled a marriage of three years without hearing from the other partner.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Going to higher court you are trying to dig into a can of worms. Just let it go and apply for the USC based on 5 year residency and if any questions arise then you can explain to IO. Other option is see if your ex wife can marry you back again willingly and all this goes away.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I am confused though. I thought they give a 2 year GC and then apply for the ROC for 10 year card. I wonder if OP went through that process of ROC. Is ROC only for people some certain countries or required for applicants from all countries?

I had my interview after my second anniversary, my K3 visa was valid for Two years, is that the same as CGC?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I had my interview after my second anniversary, my K3 visa was valid for Two years, is that the same as CGC?

I am not sure about K3 and CGC are the same. But if you have attended the 2 year interview and removed the conditions and gave you a 10 Green Card I am sure they checked the details. I would say wait for the 5 year and apply for N400 based on 5 year category. If I were you, I would still talk to any atty or get the court documents and find out exactly fraud claim your wife put into the case. Does the annulment due to fraud caused a conviction? Or in future can they prosecute you for fraud and convict you? I think this is some thing you should take seriously and find out the details to make sure you do not have future problems. Most of the times when you apply for the job or security clearance they can do a background check.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.