navchusu11

FILLING I -130 as LPR vs USC @ Case will be upgrade but ......

19 posts in this topic

We submitted a request letter to upgrade our I 130 petition after my husband become US Citizen.

We expected to get receipt notice regarding to upgrading case.

However, we received a general inquiry response letter , our request letter and copies of naturalization certificate and receipt notice those are sent to CSC.

We feel confused. Why did they send back all those letters?(Our request letter has a stamp that they received)

What should we do?

We don't know our case has been upgraded or not.

We submitted a request letter to upgrade our I 130 petition after my husband become US Citizen.

We expected to get receipt notice regarding to upgrading case.

However, we received a general inquiry response letter , our request letter and copies of naturalization certificate and receipt notice those are sent to CSC.

We feel confused. Why did they send back all those letters?(Our request letter has a stamp that they received)

What should we do?

We don't know our case has been upgraded or not.

They did the same thing to me. CSC sent back all docs I submitted but before that, I emailed CSC and called NSCS to open a service request on upgrading my husband's petition. Until now, 2weeks have passed and still no response from them. I will call and email them again tomorrow. I don't know why other people would only take few days to upgrade and receive notifications from USCIS! I am also waiting for my NOA2 till now and it's just so sad to know that no matter how excited I was when I became a citizen, it's still a long process and long wait for us! :(

Timeline

USCIS - CSC

05/07/2012: I-130 Sent

05/10/2012: NOA1 Priority Date

09/25/2012: NOA2 E-mail & Text

09/28/2012: Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC

10/10/2012: Got Case number

10/11/2012: Combined Invoice Received

10/18/2012: IV & AOS Paid

11/09/2012: NVC Received IV & AOS Packet

11/21/2012: Case complete at NVC

CONSULATE

12/11/2012: Medical

01/04/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa

XX/XX/2012: POE

They did the same thing to me. CSC sent back all docs I submitted but before that, I emailed CSC and called NSCS to open a service request on upgrading my husband's petition. Until now, 2weeks have passed and still no response from them. I will call and email them again tomorrow. I don't know why other people would only take few days to upgrade and receive notifications from USCIS! I am also waiting for my NOA2 till now and it's just so sad to know that no matter how excited I was when I became a citizen, it's still a long process and long wait for us! :(

I will email them tomorrow. Please update if you get any response from USCIS.

Congrats Gibby :). we sent an email to CSC. No response yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.