Bmore

Husband passed away

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Sadly my husband (US citizen) passed away unexpectedly last week. I am a september filer, and wondering what to do next. Unfortunately, I have to wait 6-8 weeks till a death certificate is issued, so I have no certified evidence of his death at the moment. Should I just wait and hope I get approved without and RFE? Let me know what you guys think

Adjustment of status from H1B

09/18/2009 Sent out AOS based on I-130

09/28/2009 NOA's arrived in mail

10/7/2009 Walk in bio

10/28/2009 Official bio appointment

10/26/2009 Received interview appointment letter

11/3/2009 Received EAD

12/1/2009 Interview

12/8/2009 Card production ordered

12/12/2009 Received welcome notice and green card (Resident since 12/1/2009)

--

Removal of conditions

09/01/2011 Sent out I-751

09/08/2011 Check cashed

09/09/2011 NOA received (dated 09/06/2011)

09/26/2011 Received biometrics appointment letter

10/21/2011 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sadly my husband (US citizen) passed away unexpectedly last week. I am a september filer, and wondering what to do next. Unfortunately, I have to wait 6-8 weeks till a death certificate is issued, so I have no certified evidence of his death at the moment. Should I just wait and hope I get approved without and RFE? Let me know what you guys think

OMG. My condolences to you and your family.

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is so sad. My condolence to you and your family.

I think you should contact Uscis and let them know the situation. It would be best to do that now and know what your options are rather than wait.

AOS APPROVED MAY 19, 2012

GREENCARD RECEIVED MAY 31, 2012

TIMELINE UPDATED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I'm so sorry for your lost :( You should contact USCIS asap and let them know what your going through. Maybe you'll recieve an rfe but you have 90 days to submit the evidence.

You'll be in our prayers, God bless you and your family.

Henry and Andrea

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

I am so sorry to hear that. My condolences & my prayers with you & your family.

I have seen that you are VSC September Filer, so you have a couple of months time to be adjudicated. The easiest way to update your situation on file to send an e-mail to VSC or If you prefer & have a time for it you can do infopass too.

The case like this you might be approved without any RFE & any interview. Like the other people said they might ask you send his Death Certificate to them for a record in your folder.

Here is the VSC e-mail address : vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

Filed: Timeline

condolence :crying: i hope even his not around you could still make it here in the USA.because i know that's what he wants. goodluck!!!

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

accept my condolences....May god be with and guide you

03/17/2011----->I-129F mailed to Lewisville TX

03/21/2011----->Package delivered, signed by CATES

03/25/2011----->NOA1 received via text &email @ 1:15am

(Case transfered to Vermont)

03/29/2011----->NOA1 hardcopy received dated 3/23/11

03/29/2011----->TOUCHED

07/05/2011-----> NOA2 received via text & email

07/07/2011-----> NOA2 hardcopy receive dated 7/05/11

07/18/2011----->Package left NVC for Nigeria

07/25/2011-----> NVC hardcopy case number received dated 07/08/11

10/14/2011-----> Interview date-------APPROVED!!!!!! :)

10/21/2011----->VISA IN HAND ....Doxology :)

01/14/2012----->Arrival via Chicago

01/28/2012----->Married

03/28/2012----->AOE/EAD/AP filed

04/04/2012----->NOA1 received

04/27/2012----->Biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.