Chris & Anna

Making sure petition isn't lost

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If I wanted to make sure the petition I sent wasn't lost, how would I do that? An InfoPass?

K1 timeline

01/30/2012 - Sent I-129F

02/07/2012 - Received electronic NOA1

02/07/2012 - Check cashed

02/11/2012 - Received hard copy NOA1

06/22/2012 - Received electronic NOA2

06/28/2012 - Received hard copy NOA2

07/16/2012 - NVC received petition, case number assigned

07/17/2012 - NVC sent petition to Kiev

07/19/2012 - Embassy received petition.

08/09/2012 - Interview in Kiev

08/23/2012 - Entry at Pittsburgh, PA

11/02/2012 - Got married!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

If I wanted to make sure the petition I sent wasn't lost, how would I do that? An InfoPass?

You've got the NOA1,,,which is the receipt that they received it. There is nothing else to do except wait.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Surely the chance of them losing the petition after the NOA1 but before the NOA2 isn't 0. It is sent from the Texas lock box to the service center after all. Or is the NOA1 sent from the service center, not the sorting facility?

K1 timeline

01/30/2012 - Sent I-129F

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You've got the NOA1,,,which is the receipt that they received it. There is nothing else to do except wait.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Surely the chance of them losing the petition after the NOA1 but before the NOA2 isn't 0. It is sent from the Texas lock box to the service center after all. Or is the NOA1 sent from the service center, not the sorting facility?

Well there is always a possibility. But nothing much you can do and as Baron mentioned just wait. The infopass will not help you, as you will get always the same answer you are within the processing time.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Now's not the time to get paranoid about something you can't affect. Keep up the relationship; ensure she is ready for life here and read the guides and start mentally preparing for the next step.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

The infopass will not help you, as you will get always the same answer you are within the processing time.

:thumbs: :thumbs: they wont even look to see if your case is lost or not until it is outside whatever the current processing time is

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs: they wont even look to see if your case is lost or not until it is outside whatever the current processing time is

Well that's sobering. So what happens six months after the NOA1, I call, and it is lost? Do I have to re-file and wait another 5 months? Or maybe they can expedite in that case?

K1 timeline

01/30/2012 - Sent I-129F

Well that's sobering. So what happens six months after the NOA1, I call, and it is lost? Do I have to re-file and wait another 5 months? Or maybe they can expedite in that case?

Don't get paranoid. It happens very rarely that it get lost. After six month you will be able to put a service request and contact your congressman, who can put in a request as well with USCIS. But yes you would be able to request an expedite based on the USCIS error.

Hopefully you will get approved fast and will not need all those steps.

Edited by Oksana & Max
event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

"...grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change..."

Instead of worrying about something that is currently out of your control, start preparing for the post-NOA2 activity. Get your tax transcript ordered, line up the letter from your employer, put together the ongoing relationship information if that's required of the embassy...

:thumbs:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways acknowledge him,

and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

why are you so worried that it might be lost?? that was something that never once crossed my mind because i can honestly say that i havent ever seen a case of it happening on VJ.

just as night follows day... NOA2 will follow NOA1. it might not happen quite so quickly as that but it will happen because your case is exactly where it should be... sat in a box at USCIS along with every one elses that filed when you did :)

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

:thumbs:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways acknowledge him,

and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

So true...rose.gif

why are you so worried that it might be lost?? that was something that never once crossed my mind because i can honestly say that i havent ever seen a case of it happening on VJ.

just as night follows day... NOA2 will follow NOA1. it might not happen quite so quickly as that but it will happen because your case is exactly where it should be... sat in a box at USCIS along with every one elses that filed when you did :)

:ot:

Safe travels next week!!

:ot2:

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

I can tell you "not to worry", but you'll worry anyway. But there's honestly no reason to believe that your petition was lost. They cashed the check, they received it, now wait. Wait and prepare for the next step(s) ... and this is coming from someone who actually HAD something lost by USCIS, though not until after I'd received my Visa.

Really. Relax. Or these next six months are going to be horrible for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.