MangoAve

Booking round trip along with one way for fiance

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone been able to book their own round trip airfare from the US to Philippines, and have a one-way ticket for the fiance from Philippines to the US that matches the return fligh?

Cathay Pacific allows searching of the one-way tickets. Korean air states Philippine law requires tickets be purchased in the Philippines. As well, its much harder to fly from a normal airport that doesn't have certain carriers. For this I would have to either get a connecting flight (from ORD) or drive to something like BOS or JFK.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone been able to book their own round trip airfare from the US to Philippines, and have a one-way ticket for the fiance from Philippines to the US that matches the return fligh?

Cathay Pacific allows searching of the one-way tickets. Korean air states Philippine law requires tickets be purchased in the Philippines. As well, its much harder to fly from a normal airport that doesn't have certain carriers. For this I would have to either get a connecting flight (from ORD) or drive to something like BOS or JFK.

You could call the airlines directly and book the flights so they match. You can also book a one way ticket to Philippines. Then book the returning flight together.

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You don't have to buy the ticket in the Philippines. I purchaes a roundtrip amd a one way from the Philippines before using Continental. I think you can use other ticketing websites like Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity or CheapoAir. When you buy the ticket you would at least need your spouse/fiancee's passport number. Might as well have her photocopy it for you and send it to you before you try to buy her ticket. Hopefully you can fin one with matching times and flight numbers.

Timeline

You don't have to buy the ticket in the Philippines. I purchaes a roundtrip amd a one way from the Philippines before using Continental. I think you can use other ticketing websites like Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity or CheapoAir. When you buy the ticket you would at least need your spouse/fiancee's passport number. Might as well have her photocopy it for you and send it to you before you try to buy her ticket. Hopefully you can fin one with matching times and flight numbers.

Only thing with continental is that they only fly out of Manila. I only have up to 2 weeks vacation so I am not going to the interview with my fiance; the passport with the K1 visa is shipped back to my fiance's home address anyway. Orbitz and Travelocity don't work from Mactan. Expeida and Cheapoair were twice the cost of what I was able to find from Mactan to ORD using Cathay pacific.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I been researching on this subject as I will be doing the same in a month or two. For me I'm opting to go with Philippine Airlines as I think it's much convenient (non-stop to US) for us and to make arrangement (same flight) also u can pick sitting arrangement prior to the flight. I suggest book directly with the airline of your choice and request seating arrangement with them. Online travel (Expedia, Orbitz..etc..) sometimes can't honor the seating arrangement..

Try being a bit more flexible and look at other airport options.

Flying into/out of Cebu will always more expensive as you have less options than Manila.

I just tried a dummy booking comparison - Round trip ORD to Cebu & Round trip ORD to MNL via Cathay Pacific website and the ORD/Manila was over $300 cheaper. I also tried 2 other airlines and the results were almost the same.

If you were to do JFK/MNL then you would have plenty of options from Manila - 5 daily flights on Cathay alone plus Asiana, EVA, Korean Air, AA, JAL & a whole lot more.

The main negative about flying out of MNL is that a lot of people do not like that airport, but you are only there for a few hour.

Also both Cheapoair & Expedia gave me more expensive quotes & less options than when I search the airlines websites directly. Also as previously stated before me, buying directly via the airlines let you select your seats after booking (depending on the class fare).

Also what is your final destination here in the USA?

USCIS

07-20-2010: I-130 package mailed.

07-22-2010: I-130 Package Received - Priority Date.

07-29-2010: Received text & email from USCIS - Notice Date.

07-30-2010: Check Cashed by USCIS.

08-02-2010: Received NOA1 hard copy.

08-02,04,05: Touched.

09-28-2010: Received text & email - petition approved.

10-04-2010: Received NOA2 hard copy.

NVC

10-13-2010: NVC Case# Received (after calling).

10-15-2010: Emailed DS-3032 to NVC.

10-16-2020: Received the DS-3032 package, IIN number & AOS bill via email.

10-22-2010: Paid AOS bill ($88) - showing IN PROCESS

10-25-2010: AOS fee PAID.

10-27-2010: Express Mail AOS Package.

10-27-2010: Paid IV bill - showing IN PROCESS.

10-28-2010: AOS package delivered.

10-28-2010: IV fee PAID.

10-29-2010: Express Mail IV package.

11-01-2010: IV package delivered.

11-08-2010: AOS packages entered into NVC system.

11-15-2010: IV package entered into NVC system.

11-23-2010: SIF.

11-24-2010: Case Complete.

CONSULATE

12-21-2010: Medical at SLMC - Passed

12-22-2010: Immunization at SLMC

01-04-2011: Interview @USEM ~ Approval

OTHER

02-05-2011: POE at JFK

N-400

05-01-2017: N-400 Sent

05-09-2017: Case accepted

05-15-2017: Biometric appointment scheduled

05-30-2017: Biometric

06-05-2017: Inline for interview

08-15-2017: Interview scheduled

09-19-2017: Interview (approved).

01-19-2018: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I been researching on this subject as I will be doing the same in a month or two. For me I'm opting to go with Philippine Airlines as I think it's much convenient (non-stop to US) for us and to make arrangement (same flight) also u can pick sitting arrangement prior to the flight. I suggest book directly with the airline of your choice and request seating arrangement with them. Online travel (Expedia, Orbitz..etc..) sometimes can't honor the seating arrangement..

I think i might have to go directly to airline. I went with Cathay pacific for my first trip and Korean the second. It was so much less time to go through Seoul than to fly into Hong Kong. Both did let me pick seating arrangements. Although the first trip was actually using booking agent. I know both have free drink service including alcohol since its international flight. Only a little less apt for Philippine airlines because less preventative maintenance.

Timeline

Try being a bit more flexible and look at other airport options.

Flying into/out of Cebu will always more expensive as you have less options than Manila.

I just tried a dummy booking comparison - Round trip ORD to Cebu & Round trip ORD to MNL via Cathay Pacific website and the ORD/Manila was over $300 cheaper. I also tried 2 other airlines and the results were almost the same.

If you were to do JFK/MNL then you would have plenty of options from Manila - 5 daily flights on Cathay alone plus Asiana, EVA, Korean Air, AA, JAL & a whole lot more.

The main negative about flying out of MNL is that a lot of people do not like that airport, but you are only there for a few hour.

Also both Cheapoair & Expedia gave me more expensive quotes & less options than when I search the airlines websites directly. Also as previously stated before me, buying directly via the airlines let you select your seats after booking (depending on the class fare).

Also what is your final destination here in the USA?

I'm going for a vacation as well. So even if I try to go from MNL with the $300 cheaper, I will need tickets from CEB to MNL. For some reason, CEB to ORD is a little over 1000 but CEB to BOS is actually over $2000 for the same day. (like you said using dummy booking time). My best is flying from BDL.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I booked my roundtrip online with Hawaiian but I could not book Amy's one way online I had to call them to get her flight booked then make sure we had adjoining seats. Don' t know the reasons but they would only book her one way from the Philippines to the States if I called.

Cost of her ticket was $920

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Ok, if you are flying from the US, most airlines fly in and out of only one airport Manila, if they fly to Cebu it is ALOT more expensive.. I would love to fly into and out of Davao, I really would. But it is at least $500 more expensive to do that and I waste more time. The best bet for you to do is what I do. Book a plane ride from ORD to MNL, then a seperate one from Manila to Cebu. That's what I do, and it hasn't gone wrong for me yet.

Be advised if you do that for your fiance. Philippine Airlines will require a photocopy of the eticket, a photocopy of the credit/check card used, and a photocopy of your id if you paid for it. It sounds a bit much but I nor my fiance have ever had a problem with it.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hawaiian only flies to Manila and back. He is looking for a airline to fly to Cebu directly without going through Manila.

Really? No mention in the post that I was making comment about MY experience buying tickets for myself and my fiancee. :wacko:

"Has anyone been able to book their own round trip airfare from the US to Philippines, and have a one-way ticket for the fiance from Philippines to the US that matches the return fligh?

Cathay Pacific allows searching of the one-way tickets. Korean air states Philippine law requires tickets be purchased in the Philippines. As well, its much harder to fly from a normal airport that doesn't have certain carriers. For this I would have to either get a connecting flight (from ORD) or drive to something like BOS or JFK. "

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I'm going for a vacation as well. So even if I try to go from MNL with the $300 cheaper, I will need tickets from CEB to MNL. For some reason, CEB to ORD is a little over 1000 but CEB to BOS is actually over $2000 for the same day. (like you said using dummy booking time). My best is flying from BDL.

Logan is a major airport for flight to/from Europe & not Asia. In fact, Boston is the biggest US market without nonstop service to Asia (I am not sure about Bradley). So yes, flight to/from BOS & CEB (or other Asian destinations) will be much more expensive than flying from ORD.

The main gateway to Asia on the east coast is JFK. A lot of people do not like that airport but if you live in the Northeast and want a non-stop/direct/not to expensive flight to Asia from the northeast then it is JFK or it sister airport - EWR.

As for flight between Cebu & Manila - they are dirt cheap. I traveled RT Cebu/Manila on Cebu Pacific in July 2010 and paid about $40.

USCIS

07-20-2010: I-130 package mailed.

07-22-2010: I-130 Package Received - Priority Date.

07-29-2010: Received text & email from USCIS - Notice Date.

07-30-2010: Check Cashed by USCIS.

08-02-2010: Received NOA1 hard copy.

08-02,04,05: Touched.

09-28-2010: Received text & email - petition approved.

10-04-2010: Received NOA2 hard copy.

NVC

10-13-2010: NVC Case# Received (after calling).

10-15-2010: Emailed DS-3032 to NVC.

10-16-2020: Received the DS-3032 package, IIN number & AOS bill via email.

10-22-2010: Paid AOS bill ($88) - showing IN PROCESS

10-25-2010: AOS fee PAID.

10-27-2010: Express Mail AOS Package.

10-27-2010: Paid IV bill - showing IN PROCESS.

10-28-2010: AOS package delivered.

10-28-2010: IV fee PAID.

10-29-2010: Express Mail IV package.

11-01-2010: IV package delivered.

11-08-2010: AOS packages entered into NVC system.

11-15-2010: IV package entered into NVC system.

11-23-2010: SIF.

11-24-2010: Case Complete.

CONSULATE

12-21-2010: Medical at SLMC - Passed

12-22-2010: Immunization at SLMC

01-04-2011: Interview @USEM ~ Approval

OTHER

02-05-2011: POE at JFK

N-400

05-01-2017: N-400 Sent

05-09-2017: Case accepted

05-15-2017: Biometric appointment scheduled

05-30-2017: Biometric

06-05-2017: Inline for interview

08-15-2017: Interview scheduled

09-19-2017: Interview (approved).

01-19-2018: Oath Ceremony

Really? No mention in the post that I was making comment about MY experience buying tickets for myself and my fiancee. :wacko:

"Has anyone been able to book their own round trip airfare from the US to Philippines, and have a one-way ticket for the fiance from Philippines to the US that matches the return fligh?

Cathay Pacific allows searching of the one-way tickets. Korean air states Philippine law requires tickets be purchased in the Philippines. As well, its much harder to fly from a normal airport that doesn't have certain carriers. For this I would have to either get a connecting flight (from ORD) or drive to something like BOS or JFK. "

Wel he stated in his later post about flying into and out of Macatan, which is in Cebu.

Orbitz and Travelocity don't work from Mactan. Expeida and Cheapoair were twice the cost of what I was able to find from Mactan to ORD using Cathay pacific

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Imagetcha: Even, though a subsequent post indicates your interest in flying out of Mactan, I will still address this and your original posted question with my own experience when I accompanied my fiancee back to the U.S.: Yes, I did do what you are asking. This is how: First, online, I found an inexpensive domestic one-way ticket from PAL (Philippine Airlines) for fiancee from her home province to Manila. I purchased ticket using PAL website. Then from Delta, purchased for her a one-way ticket from Manila to U.S. I was then able to easily match her itinerary with round-trip tickets of my own and accompany her from her province all the way back to states. Tickets were purchased in the U.S. and she nor I had any ticket-related issues.

I, too, had tried to originally find a more direct route from fiancee's province to U.S. However, those choices were both expensive and limited as far as choices of both itineraries and carrier were concered. So in the end, decided to go with PAL domestic flight to Manila, then international to U.S. from Manila where more carriers and itineraries to choose from.

Wishing you and yours success in your journey!

--RK

Edited by RK_and_Inday

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.