Jetson

Filed for K1 with IMBRA waiver request

24 posts in this topic

Dear LookyWhatIfound,

Congratulations on your approval and successful waiver request. If it isn't too much trouble could you post the wording of your waiver for others to read. You can delete your specifics and change to a general condition so that others may take advantage of your success. This process of filing waivers is so very new and the number of successes grows.

Everyone that files a waiver is forging new ground for others to follow. Thanks for your success and good luck to those that need the knowledge of the successful.

Dear LookyWhatIfound,

Congratulations on your approval and successful waiver request. If it isn't too much trouble could you post the wording of your waiver for others to read. You can delete your specifics and change to a general condition so that others may take advantage of your success. This process of filing waivers is so very new and the number of successes grows.

Everyone that files a waiver is forging new ground for others to follow. Thanks for your success and good luck to those that need the knowledge of the successful.

Thanks a lot 1HappyGuy, ok this is hightly personal and was a heart to heart type letter so I am going to leave out some very personal stuff. On the original letter I bolded the points that I wanted to emphasize.

Application for Waiver on K-1 Filing Limitations.

Dear Sir / Madam,

I'm not completely sure if I need a waiver or not as I did file the K-l petition twice, but they were only approved on the USCIS side and never even attempted at the U.S. consulate. However I would like to list for you the extenuating circumstances for why I have twice previously filed the petition. First of all both previous petitions of which the last was around March 27th of 2001, were for the same woman, ( FULL NAME HERE ).

• On both ocassions ( INSERT SOB STORY HERE ).

• She was never approved for the K-l Visa and never came to the U.S.A.

• I have known my current fiancee, ( FULL NAME HERE ) for ( NUMBER ) years and we have a
    close friendship that has built into a very close and wonderful relationship.

I met ****** by pure accident as ( FILL IN SENTENCE ). I would have much rather pursued a relationship with someone locally, but I am a romantic at heart and do believe in fate and that ****** is the one woman that is meant for me.

In conclusion I do not believe that I am the type of petitioner that you are trying to inhibit by this filing limitation. My intentions were just that of pursuing the woman I thought I loved. I have found her now in, ( FULL NAME ), and she has found me. Neither of us have ever been married because we never found anyone that we could truly feel we were meant to be with. We have finally found each other and it has taken us most of our lives, please, I plead with you, to let us pursue this K-l petition.

Thank You, Sincerely,

Signature

Print Name

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey, maybe some of you can give me some opinions.

I sent in a petition in June 2007.

For a colombiana.

The interview was last year, March of 2008.

No problems. Visa granted.

She arrived in the usa in April.

I saw some indications of serious problems developing.

With dignity and grace, I asked her to return to Colombia.

She obliged, without problem, before the 90 days.

This was my first ever petition for fiance visa.

I want to file for a different lady, ASAP.

I can wait til June, if it would be better.

But, we are ready to file now.

DO I NEED TO FILE FOR THE WAIVER?

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

The rule is "if the petitioner previously had a K-1 petition approved within 2 years prior to the filing of this petition, the petitioner must apply for a waiver".

Also, there is no need to have your signature on the waiver notarized.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
The rule is "if the petitioner previously had a K-1 petition approved within 2 years prior to the filing of this petition, the petitioner must apply for a waiver".

Also, there is no need to have your signature on the waiver notarized.

i filed in Jan 09, had to do a request for waiver- they got it Apr 24 09 becuz i had a previously approved k-1 a couple of yrs ago. we called it off b4 she even came to the states. my question is- is there anyone out there, that recently did a request and what was the response?

did you get the NOA2 approval?

did you get something else?

how long did it take for you? [ if you filed in Vermont- like i did ]

i feel we are coming to an end of the waiting- maybe 2 or 3 more months- but the waiting is still a pain in the rear. knowing whats going on would help so much

Been there, done that and the request for waiver was no issue with USCIS. The NOA2 came through on schedule.

Same for me, no issue.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
Been there, done that and the request for waiver was no issue with USCIS. The NOA2 came through on schedule.

Thanks for that! REALLY! i was sweating it, thinking somehow it might get denied becuz i had a previous one approved. but if you say it came thru -no problem- then i will try to relax and breathe easy and wait. Hopefully it will come soon. isnt it true that things go a bit faster after that [ NOA2] stage?

Same for me, no issue.

Thanks for that! REALLY! i was sweating it, thinking somehow it might get denied becuz i had a previous one approved. but if you say it came thru -no problem- then i will try to relax and breathe easy and wait. Hopefully it will come soon. isnt it true that things go a bit faster after that [ NOA2] stage?

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Allright! :D Just received my NOA 1 for my 129F petition with an IMBRA waiver request!

My case, depending on my results, will either encourage or discourage those that are filing for a waiver based on 2 previous approved K1 applications. I am hoping this one will stick. I have been encouraged by the few in this forum that have actually been approved with a waiver request. I thank them for their help and support and for making my path more clear.

--------------------------

UPDATE

Well, it has been a long while since I have checked my post here so I will update:

I did receive my waiver shortly after applying. No problem. Since then, my lady is now my spouse and happily living with me for the past 3 1/2 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.