jivany

I-864 DENIAL..Affidavit of Support

39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Pushbrk is right here- the CO has discretion to allow even $1 over, but they can also disallow it. It will depend on the totality of the circumstances. For example- recent graduate USC in first job, beneficiary also with a good education and likely to be able to get a job will probably get approved. Petitioner in a dead-end job and a spotty work history, with older beneficiary close to retirement age? Less likely to be approved.

I am about to file AOS for my husband. My income is over by 4,800, but the last 3 years tax returns are way lower. I just graduated college with associate's and I'm now a GM at a hotel. Can they deny me?

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

I am about to file AOS for my husband. My income is over by 4,800, but the last 3 years tax returns are way lower. I just graduated college with associate's and I'm now a GM at a hotel. Can they deny me?

They can deny you at their discretion for a number of things - which is what Pushbrk and Penguin are both saying. It's not a guarantee if you meet and/or exceed whatever financial requirement listed on whatever form - the CO makes the final decision - just like the CBP officer at the airport can choose to admit or deny entry to the country (with or without a visa)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

They could, but they probably won't, for the reasons you stated. You ARE over but you also just graduated college and now have a career position with good prospects.

Yeah and my wife a full time student barely made over the amount last year and not working AT ALL this year and we still get approved. We were told at the info pass that as long as your over thats all that matters.

Info pass is with USCIS. USCIS doesn't issue visas.

Prove me one man don't just put out a comment that there are examples to the contarary. as to my statement i can prove it...

This ain't my first rodeo. In the six years I've been participating here, I've seen NUMEROUS people with incomes over but near the minimum requirement get requests for cosponsors or joint sponsors and a pretty good number of such requests when current income was even a few thousand over the minimum. You are ONE example, one data point. There have been many more. Take it or leave it.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

If this helps at all i was concerned about the same thing :whistle: - my income for 2011 barely meet the requirement and my 2009 and 2010 were below- we still go approved without a co-sponcer :dance: ..... in fact our interview was before i could file the 2011 taxes so i gave them pay-stubs for 2011 and my 2010 taxes which was below but i provided an explanation page lol.. we kinda played with fire but we didnt have choice. Also i showed evidence of about the same savings amount as you, it wont hurt! FYI I am a full time Grad student.

every consulate is different but Egypt is not easy when it comes to affidavit of support so I think we were lucky, good luck :thumbs:

Edited by nyc_alex

K1 Timeline

I-129f Sent ............................. 07/11/2011

I-129f Rec'd............................ 07/13/2011

NOA1 ...................................... 07/15/2011

NOA2 ...................................... 11/22/2011

NVC Received ...................... 11/30/2011

NVC Left ................................. 12/07/2011

Consulate Received ............ 12/13/2011

Packet 3 Received ............... 12/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent ........................ 12/28/2011

Packet 4 Received ................ 2/2/2012 (Received a phone call)

Interview ................................ 2/5/2012 - APPROVED!! ... WITH AP

Visa Rec'd................................ 6/13/2012

AOS received..............................9/12/2012

EAD............................................11/29/2012

GC????????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wait....can I use money in my savings? Because I have about 5-6k in savings? Will that help?

You were reading the instructions on the I-864 recently? and discovered the assets math ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Topic has been moved from the K-3 forum to the CR-1 forum as the OP is now being processed for a CR-1/IR-1 visa

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

You were reading the instructions on the I-864 recently? and discovered the assets math ?

Yes, I was just looking at the wrong one. We found the correct I-864. I'm going to call the NVC and see what needs to be attached. I'm assuming bank statements and that's about it..

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, I was just looking at the wrong one. We found the correct I-864. I'm going to call the NVC and see what needs to be attached. I'm assuming bank statements and that's about it..

Up to a year of bank statements showing the money has been there a while would be good. NVC does not approve your I-864, so follow the best practices discussed here as well as any country specific recommendations.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.