xavierwayne

K-1 Visa and no marriage

50 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

To answer Bob 4 Anna's question she is from Germany, so am I.

It is just so sad that my friend went into this fully committed, meaning she gave up her life she had built(house,car,furniture...), as well as family and friends to be with him. Yes most of those are just possessions etc, she actually shipped a lot of stuff to America, what costs a fortune. At this point she is not even allowed into the house he is living at to retrieve her possessions and she doesn't know if and when she gets any of this back. His commitment or loss at this point are just a few expenses but he didn't loose his house or car or had to move across the globe. His regards for her are pretty much non-existent. If you supposedly love someone that much that you are willing to sponsor her etc and prove that you can support her but then decide to not marry (what he has the right to) but tell her to leave and never come back and not care for where she will go next and how she will get home? her home was suppose to be with him!

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Lets play devils advocate.

Lets pretend that the beneficiary is not doing it for love. Lets pretend they are doing it for any and all the wrong reasons. The USC can go and visit many times. Can come unannounced. How about this, while you are there go over and talk to the neighbors. I don't know there are a lot of things the USC can do to put any fears to rest or discover the truth.

Now lest pretend the the USC is not doing it for love. Lets pretend they are doing it for any or all the wrong reasons. The beneficiary gets a phone call every day. There is always a smile on the face of the USC during the video chats. The USC sends greeting cards expressing deep undying love every holiday, AND all of it is a lie. The options to find the truth for the beneficiary who live in some countries (i.e., Philippines) is very limited. The beneficiary won't know the truth until they are in the US for weeks or months. And that job they quit back home, I am sure it will still be there when they go back. If not there will be something better. You know good jobs in the Philippines are so easy to get.

Why are you so hung-up on this?

Everything I said still stands... Both parties are risking something...

As far as the "Good jobs are hard to come by in the Philippines", I don't know...

My wife could have returned to the Philippines and been employed in any of the top Call Centers in almost no time flat because she was exactly the type of employee they are ALWAYS looking for.

My Brother-in-law doesn't seem to have a problem finding work. I'll agree that fresh out of school Nurses with no work experience are practically unemployable in the Philippines but there are reasons for that situation.

Just like anywhere else, if you have marketable job skills then you'll be able to find work. If not then I doubt you had a job worth keeping in the first place.

Why do you want to look at Filipinas as weak and helpless? They as a group are so much stronger than you seem to realize.

But again, none of this matters for the OP's situation as the person in question is from Germany and has ready access to the US.

At this point she is not even allowed into the house he is living at to retrieve her possessions and she doesn't know if and when she gets any of this back.

She can gain access to retrieve her possessions with the help of the local police.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

To answer Bob 4 Anna's question she is from Germany, so am I.

It is just so sad that my friend went into this fully committed, meaning she gave up her life she had built(house,car,furniture...), as well as family and friends to be with him. Yes most of those are just possessions etc, she actually shipped a lot of stuff to America, what costs a fortune. At this point she is not even allowed into the house he is living at to retrieve her possessions and she doesn't know if and when she gets any of this back. His commitment or loss at this point are just a few expenses but he didn't loose his house or car or had to move across the globe. His regards for her are pretty much non-existent. If you supposedly love someone that much that you are willing to sponsor her etc and prove that you can support her but then decide to not marry (what he has the right to) but tell her to leave and never come back and not care for where she will go next and how she will get home? her home was suppose to be with him!

Anyone getting into long distance relation and specially moving from one country to another should think about backup plans.

Unfortunately it seems there was no such planning, no worst case scenarios thought out.

Also there has to be some reason why her fiance asked her to leave and does not want to get married.

If she was from Germany it would had not been difficult for her to visit US spend some time with her future husband met his family etc.

Just coz she was kicked out of the house (unknown reason) she is not eligible for special benefits, if she was so much worried about anything like this happening she should had got married in Germany and asked her partner to file CR1.

Like I said we are not hearing complete story, you are only posint one side of the story.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

She should call the police and get her things back. I bet she took a lot of personal stuff like pictures and that from family and home. She can show the police her visa, on the k1 its his name in it. So she has some proof that she lived there. If I would be here I would fly back home. Life aint bad at home. And just start fresh. Hope everything works out for her.

Visa Journey:

K1:

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: 10-13-2010

I-129F NOA1: 10-18-2010

I-129F NOA2: 04-05-2011

Consulate Received: 04-15-2011

Packet 3 Received: 04-29-2011

Packet 3 Sent: 04-30-2011

Packet 4 Received: 05-07-2011

Interview Date: 06-07-2011

Interview Result: Visa was on hold

Second Interview: Approved

Visa Received: 01-20-2012

ENTRY: 02-12-2012

Married: 03-26-2012

AOS 04-19-2012

Email notification 04-26-2012

NOA1 send : 04-24-2012

Biometric send: 04-27-2012

Biometric appt: 05-18-2012

AOS transfer to CSC: 05-24-2012

EAD/AD approved&send: 06-22-2012

EAD/AD arrived: 06-28-2012

e4nrdek1wws.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The K-1 is not supposed to be a get to know you better visa. The couple is supposed to have a SOLID relationship which also means all the information and preparations for living in the US versus their country should have been thoroughly discussed and vetted out.

Unfortunately this is some times not the case and it is not a flaw in the K-1 process but a flaw in that particular relationship.....the major onus falls on the Petitioner's shoulders to ensure their Beneficiary is well prepared for life here.

The US indeed does not allow many foreigners to visit here and that is due to other reasons......

Petitioners should understand the potential problems when they start up a relationship with a person from one of these countries.....if they do not want to put out this effort, then they should not be dating someone from these countries. No one said it was going to be easy.

And love has nothing to do with the process.

I agree with this and to add it should also fall on the Petitioner to arrange and pay for their return travel back to their home country...

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.