one...two...tree

Pope Calls Health Care An ‘Inalienable Right,’ Urges World Governments To Provide Universal Coverage

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

At an international papal conference on health care yesterday at the Vatican, Pope Benedict XVI and other Catholic church leaders said it is the “moral responsibility of nations to guarantee access to health care for all of their citizens, regardless of social and economic status or their ability to pay.” Saying access to adequate medical care is one of the “inalienable rights” of man, the pope said, “Justice in health care should be a priority of governments and international institutions”:

The pope lamented the great inequalities in health care around the globe
. While people in many parts of the world aren’t able to receive essential medications or even the most basic care, in industrialized countries there is a risk of “pharmacological, medical and surgical consumerism” that leads to “a cult of the body,” the pope said.

The care of man, his transcendent dignity and his inalienable rights
” are issues that should concern Christians, the pope said.

Because an individual’s health is a “precious asset” to society as well as to himself,
governments and other agencies should seek to protect it by “dedicating the equipment, resources and energy so that the greatest number of people can have access
.”

In a separate statement, Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, said, “Justice requires guaranteed universal access to health care,” adding that minimal levels of medical care are “a fundamental human right.” “Governments are obligated, therefore, to adopt the proper legislative, administrative and financial measures to provide such care,” the cardinal explained, saying that, “The governments of richer nations with good health care available should practice more solidarity with their own disadvantaged citizens.”

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2010/11/19/131348/pope-universal-healthcare/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Some take the "buffet" style approach, they embrace or find meaningful what they like and dismiss that they don't like.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

Some take the "buffet" style approach, they embrace or find meaningful what they like and dismiss that they don't like.

Speaking of buffet, Danno, are you going for the prime rib or baked salmon today? He is YOUR pope, after all.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Health Care is not a right...

Anything that required another Human being to do something for you is not a right...

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

Speaking of buffet, Danno, are you going for the prime rib or baked salmon today? He is YOUR pope, after all.

As I have tried to guide you in the past, so will I do today.

I find it odd you reject confirmed infallible Dogma yet you embrace these opinion -piece type speeches.

Do I need to add that a no civilized society will not leave seriously ill people on the street to die.

What we debate is the means and methods to carry out the goal.

William Penn

Filed: Timeline
Do I need to add that a no civilized society will not leave seriously ill people on the street to die.

What we debate about my support for and your rejection of the concept of personal responsibility. You want to support freeloaders and I do not.

Timeline

As I have tried to guide you in the past, so will I do today.

I find it odd you reject confirmed infallible Dogma yet you embrace these opinion -piece type speeches.

Oh the irony. You b!tchslap infallible dogma when it doesn't suit you. Here's the Pope unequivocally saying that health care is an inalienable right and if you were a devout Catholic, you'd be obedient to the pope, but you're not. Tsk, tsk.

Timeline

Oh the irony. You b!tchslap infallible dogma when it doesn't suit you. Here's the Pope unequivocally saying that health care is an inalienable right and if you were a devout Catholic, you'd be obedient to the pope, but you're not. Tsk, tsk.

See this is what I am talking about, when I say it is rare to find a Catholic anywhere who knows the faith.

Every word that comes from the Popes mouth or pen is not doctrine.

You are equating a sermon or thought with confirmed "From the Chair" dogma.

Why is it you assume the Pope is even suggesting Obama-care?

Why did the Catholic CHurch build thousands and thousands of hospitals if they thought Gov't run health care was the answer?

William Penn

Timeline

See this is what I am talking about, when I say it is rare to find a Catholic anywhere who knows the faith.

Every word that comes from the Popes mouth or pen is not doctrine.

You are equating a sermon or thought with confirmed "From the Chair" dogma.

Why is it you assume the Pope is even suggesting Obama-care?

Why did the Catholic CHurch build thousands and thousands of hospitals if they thought Gov't run health care was the answer?

Only a mentally handicapped person would not be able to comprehend what the leader of the Catholic Church means by this...

Pope Benedict XVI and other Catholic church leaders said it is the “moral responsibility of nations to guarantee access to health care for all of their citizens, regardless of social and economic status or their ability to pay.”

Timeline

Only a mentally handicapped person would not be able to comprehend what the leader of the Catholic Church means by this...

Words mean things steve, sometimes they are broad for a reason.

nation |ˈnā sh ən|

noun

a large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory : leading industrialized nations.

• a North American Indian people or confederation of peoples.

Take note, not one word about Gov't.

:thumbs:

William Penn

Timeline

Words mean things steve, sometimes they are broad for a reason.

nation |ˈnā sh ən|

noun

a large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory : leading industrialized nations.

• a North American Indian people or confederation of peoples.

Take note, not one word about Gov't.

:thumbs:

Are you mentally handicapped? Nevermind. You don't need to answer that.

U47P5029T2D356259F24DT20110117185457.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Are you mentally handicapped? Nevermind. You don't need to answer that.

You know that the Pope was only addressing nations that are literally not goverened. He was speaking to the only libertarian paradise left on the planet: Somalia. Because folk in Somalia really care about the Pope and what he has to say. Everyone knows that.

Timeline

Steve, if you and the Pope were fishing and he suggested you use a certain fly...... would it be wrong to discard his advice if you felt you knew as much about fishing as he did?

William Penn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

citizens? I agree.

others inside the borders? not so much.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !