zetku

greetings all

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome and best of luck with your filing. Remember, we have very little control on our wait times but we have a right to have our significant other or spouse with us in the USA. So, throughout your journey be diligent and very very patient...

Every day is one day closer to the end of my visa journey.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm a newbie, too. Congrats on sending in your application. Guess we'll play the waiting game together!! :)

K-1

October 10, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to TSC via Express Mail guaranteed 3 day delivery (NOT!!)

October 23, 2006 - NOA1

October 27, 2006 - Check cashed - called bank to obtain case# from back of check

October 31, 2006 - Received NOA1 via snail mail

January 17, 2007 - NOA2

January 24, 2007 - NVC received petition

January 25, 2007 - Petition forwarded to Ghana

March 11, 2007 - Fiance receives letter from Embassy dated February 12 informing him to come pick up Packet 3!!! (case never lost!!!)

March 27, 2007 - Packet 3 received from Embassy

March 28, 2007 - Packet 3 returned, Packet 4 received with interview date

July 12, 2007 - Interview Date

August 10, 2007 - Picked up Visa from American Embassy in Accra

August 11, 2007 - Engagement Ceremony in Accra, Ghana

August 21, 2007 - MY BABY CAME HOME!!! POE - JFK

AOS

August 27, 2007 - Civil Marriage Ceremony

September 21, 2007 - Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

September 28, 2007 - Check cashed

October 1, 2007 - Received NOA's (1-485, I-131, I-765) in mail dated September 27, 2007

October 21, 2007 - Wedding Day!!

October 22, 2007 - Original date for Biometrics appt (missed appt because of honeymoon)

November 7, 2007 - Walked in to USCIS Jacksonville and had biometrics taken with no problems

November 13, 2007 - AP Received

November 19, 2007 - EAD Received

November 29, 2007 - Case transferred to CSC

January 22, 2007 - RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN MAIL DATED JANUARY 14, 2008!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

greetings All:

give thanks for the kind welcome and advice.

well, i've already had my first (and most hopefully last) taste of a K-1 delay. i apparently sent in the wrong version of the I-129F form. yes, indeed the form was expired even though i obtained it from the New York's Federal Plaza at the very huge and very secure immigration office in August. our entire package was returned to me last week.

the good news is that now i can include copies of mylove's birth certificate and passport that i just received in the mail. just in case, to avoid a possible RFE, at least in this regard. i hope to send it off--again--by Monday. i'll adjust my timeline accordingly.

so again, please wish us good vibes. and good luck on your journies too.

peace,

z.

Edited by zetku

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.