burn

new here.. :)

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I think this has already been addressed, but a case won't be automatically denied if the couple hasn't met in person IF "the requirement to meet your fiancé in person would violate strict and long-established customs of you or your fiancé's foreign culture or social practice or it is established that the requirement to personally meet your fiancé would result in extreme hardship to you." From the I129f instructions.

Obviously not the case now or when he filed since he stated when he would visit her.

You are correct that it will not usually be "automatically denied" but this is a bad thing, not a good thing. This means the case is accepted for processing, waits 5-7 months, generates an RFE for evidence that they met BEFORE filing the petition. He cannot provide that of course and answers with the fact that there is no such evidence, then waits another couple months and gets denied. 6-9 months after filing he is denied and has to start over.

Withdraw the petition and start over now. Call the lost fee "educational expenses"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi im sorry for not putting the year but yeah my fiancee filed the petition december 2011 and we met in person january 2012.. tnx for all the correction.. :) i talked to my fiancee and he said that we will wait for the NOA2 and wait for their instructions. coz he stated in I-129F that he will meet me in January 2012( which he did) and that is the only time he can take a vacation and does not conflict with the normal business operation..

thanks so much for all your suggestions.. (L):)

The NOA2 is a petition approval notice. He will not be getting one of those. I am not sure why he filed 1 month before he would meet the requirements. He was trying to save time by filing before you even met in person? I cannot see why else he would send the petition 1 month before meeting, but there is no loophole on this. They are strict about the requirement to have met in person in the 2 years PRIOR to filing. A month after the fact does not qualify.

He could have gotten all the signed paperwork and passport photo he needed from you on his visit there in Jan., then filed immediately after your visit showing his passport stamps and boarding passes and photos with you as proof of your meeting in person. The way he did it saves no time. It actually adds time to your wait, especially if he just waits the months until he receives the denial and then refiles.

As others have said, better to withdraw the petition now and refile or your wait will be even longer.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

hi everyone! ive got a question, my fiancee filed our fiancee visa application december 15th of last year and we havent met in person that time,but he went here in the Philippines last january 12, and now we are waiting for the NOA2 to get approved,we're waiting for almost 4mos now. my question is are they going to call my fiancee and send some following documents or change the letter of intent coz it says there that he will going to meet me on january and we already met,and will it cause any delay? i hope you guys can help me with my question and give me some ideas how it works till the end of the fiancee visa process...thanks so much

Filing petition before having met in person will get a denial, unless you have a strong, solid proof of extreme hardship, but still least chance of winning the case. In your case your fiance stated that he would come to meet you in the Philippines in January, so this is clear that extreme hardship does not apply to him.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Welcome aboard, Good Luck with your Journey.

01/07/2012 Mailed I-129F to Dallas Lock Box

01/10/2012 Accepted, Sent to CSC for Processing

01/12/2012 Touched

01/14/2012 NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved

http://www.facebook....&type=3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.