jenni and sami

letter of intent to marry

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey ya'll,

I am preparing my I-134 and such to send to my fiance. Any thoughts on exactly what the letter of intent to marry should include(besides the obvious...i intent to marry..)

Thanks for any input

jenni

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We sent the exact letter, when it was time for Joel's interview. We just changed the date to be closer to the interview date. We signed it and sent the originals and kept copies for our files. Hope this helps. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Now is that letter ok to send after receiving the NOA2? It looks like the one we sent fot the I-129.

Thanks

I think they just want to know that you still intend to marry . . . after being put through the visa hoops! People do change their minds along the way, and not everyone makes it to the finish line.

Here's mine. It's pretty simple stuff . . . but I figure as long as it covers the important parts, the less they have to read, they quicker it gets done!

Fiancee Letter of Intent

<Your name and address goes here>

United States of America

United States Department of State

United States Consulate, Philippines

Immigrant Visa Branch

United States Embassy

1201 Roxas Blvd

Ermita 1000

Manila

March 20, 2006

To Whom It May Concern:

I, <your name>, do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry <name of fiance>, and intend to do so within 90 days of her entry into the United States using the K-1 Visa.

Signed,

October 1, 2005 . . . . Evelyn and I met online

March 8, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for first face-2-face . . . Oh, my god! . . . Wow!!!

March 21, 2006 . . . . I-129F Packet Sent

March 30, 2006 . . . . NOA1 Received

May 25, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for Evelyn's June 1st Bday

June 1, 2006 . . . . Application transferred from Lincoln, NE to California

July 5, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Request Received

July 6, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Sent

July 13, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Received Ack from USCIS

September 11, 2006 . . . . Email from USCIS - CASE APPROVED !!!!!!

September 15, 2006 . . . . Third trip to Phils . . . dragged kicking and screaming to my flight home

September 16, 2006 . . . . NOA2 Received !!!

October 16 . . . . NVC received packet

October 17 . . . NVC forwards packet to Manila

October 23 . . . Manila receives Visa packet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
My girlfriend is wanting to know if the letter of mutual intent is proof enough that she and I plan to marry and if not what other kind of proof do we need to show? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
If you got her an engagement ring, a copy of the receipt works, other things are letter from the person that will perform the ceremony, or letters from caterer for wedding reception if you are that far along. But at this point just the letter of intent is all that is needed.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
My girlfriend is wanting to know if the letter of mutual intent is proof enough that she and I plan to marry and if not what other kind of proof do we need to show? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

To file for I-129f? The letter of intent suffices as evidence of the mutual intent. Petitioner and beneficiary would write one and sign it.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Now is that letter ok to send after receiving the NOA2? It looks like the one we sent fot the I-129.

Thanks

I think they just want to know that you still intend to marry . . . after being put through the visa hoops! People do change their minds along the way, and not everyone makes it to the finish line.

Here's mine. It's pretty simple stuff . . . but I figure as long as it covers the important parts, the less they have to read, they quicker it gets done!

Fiancee Letter of Intent

<Your name and address goes here>

United States of America

United States Department of State

United States Consulate, Philippines

Immigrant Visa Branch

United States Embassy

1201 Roxas Blvd

Ermita 1000

Manila

March 20, 2006

To Whom It May Concern:

I, <your name>, do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry <name of fiance>, and intend to do so within 90 days of her entry into the United States using the K-1 Visa.

Signed,

Just make sure you re-word the letter accordingly. i.e. you sign the one above and she signs one that says... "... within 90 days of MY ENTRY to the U.S. ...." :) just being picky since I made that mistake.

Arnold & Joan's Timeline

============ AOS Phase ========

05/28/07 - Applied for Joan's SSN - no problems - got it in mail a few days later

07/09/07 - Got Maui'd in Hawaii Wedding Photos

07/19/07 - Got vaccination for Joan (she didn't get it in Phil)

08/15/07 - Filed our AOS papers

10/--/07 - Found out we sent the papers to wrong office. We've called several times to get this clarified but all got is that we need to WAIT for our papers to be forwarded or returned to us.

10/--/07 - We got our papers back.... ngngngng and re-sent it to the right office

01/23/08 - Got our interview date

03/10/08 - INTERVIEW DONE!! Our Interview Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.