goobear

dcf london- 1-130 packet

8 posts in this topic

hi all im new to this site and also me and my wife have decided to move to the states and currently trying to piece together our forms.

ive had a good read on this site and found alot of people saying they attached bank statments tenancy agreements to there I-130 form.

My first question is on the checklist for petition for alien spouse it states in RED letters DO NOT SEND original document-photocopies are acceptable DO NOT SUBMIT extraneous documentation,tenancy agreements,photo's,bank/tax statements ect.

i was also reading the guide on this site for cr-1 and there it says add photos and prove bonafide marrige some people added the bank statements and photos and tenancy agreement?.so what do i do?.some people send those things yet the form says do not?maybe its just me but i do not understand this one bit.any help or guidence would be great.

thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Originals are not needed at USCIS

We sent photos, e-mals, and cards, but didn't send bank statements or lease agreements. You send what you believe helps prove your relationship. Some send heaps of stuff while others do not.

It says in the instrustructions "in addition to the required" which basically means you may or may not send that

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

hey all,i was just wondering what do i need to send with the petition for alien spouse?.i have a check list from the embassy site but it says nothing about a cover letter or anything to prove i live with my wife.it just asks for proof of uk residence of more then 6 months.proof of her us citizenship.marriage cert.record of name change if differnt from her passport.im guessing our marriage cert should prove name change and maybe a pay slip from her employer with her married name on ?.but this list says nothing about photo's of our marriage cover letter ect.

the reason i ask this is because ive read that many of you submit these added things with it even though the checklist states not too?.

sorry for any confusion.

thanks in advance for any help and support you can give.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Merging two threads on the same issue. Please only post once on a question/ issue. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

***** Merging two threads on the same issue. Please only post once on a question/ issue. *****

yes ofcourse i made the first post in the wrong sections before i noticed this thread.still any tips or help about putting my i-130 together would be awesome.

examples of how some of you presented yours or what you included.all i realy know is once its together and sent off when i recieve the package they send me i can then send proof of relationship photo's letters chat logs flight info and tickets ect.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

I think you would do well to see the link above and also click on "guides" at the top

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

GooBear it doesn't seem like you've had a definitive answer so far about what to include and what not....I included ONLY what the check-list asked for. My reasoning for this is that I had to apply for my UK visa's and citizenship as I'm originally South African...so I've been through one system already (Yes I know it's not the same as applying for American visa's etc.) BUT I'm willing to bet the bureaucracy is the same. So if they ask for only this and that on check list then that is only what they'll use....I've had several aunties at the UK Visa Offices nearly throwing things back at me when I was applying for UK visa's and had attached "unwanted stuff"...I'll see what happens with my I-130 when it gets processed....one day....because the processing is going at a snails pace if you look at THIS.

Edited by Keeto

IR1/CR1 Visa: - DCF at London Embassy:

20/02/2011 Engaged in London.
06/07/2011 Notification of marriage received from council.
02/09/2011 Happily married!
25/01/2012 I-130 Posted to London USCIS
31/01/2012 I-130 Sent back - fees have changed to $420 - updated the VJ DCF Wiki with the correct link.
Never received NOA 1
09/05/2012 NOA2 (127 Days)
15/05/2012 DS-230 posted
15/06/2012 Packet 3 received
15/06/2012 Medical booked
22/06/2012 Medical done
11/07/2012 Packet 3 sent
28/07/2012 Packet 4 received - interview 02/08/2012
02/08/2012 Verbal "RFE" at embassy
16/08/2012 CR-1 visa in hand
14/11/2012 POE Forth Worth/Dallas Texas - No harassment or questions.

Removal of Conditions:

22/07/2014 Started researching

05/08/2014 Received notice from USCIS (sent to wrong address, so much for keeping your address updated via their website...)

21/08/2014 Posting I-751 to VSC

30/08/2014 Cheque cashed

06/09/2014 NOA (I-797) received

24/09/2014 Biometrics appointment

17/02/2015 RFE dated 12/02/2015

19/05/2015 Letter received for new greencard dated 12/05/2015

22/05/2015 New greencard in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.