Yagisama

What do you like best about Tim Hortons?

45 posts in this topic

You are right. I remember going to many hockey tournaments with my parents and brother and always stopping in whatever small town we were in to get some Tim Hortons.

I remember Tim Hortons being at its best in my high school days, which was 1998-2002. Makes sense now that you mention they changed baking methods in 2002!

They sponsored t-ball and soccer too. :) I remember playing in TimBits leagues as a kid!

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My parents told me about the sizes that's just crazy. I wonder if the did that to the hot chocolate too. I miss their peach juice, I'm not a coffee drinker at all.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My parents told me about the sizes that's just crazy. I wonder if the did that to the hot chocolate too. I miss their peach juice, I'm not a coffee drinker at all.

MMM I forgot about peach juice! It was sooo good.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

I knew about the size change but forgot to tell my husband!

I do actually really like the raspberry lemonade! Mmm so yummy. And the new asiago jalapeno mozzarella bagels! Toasted with herb and garlic cream cheese...so so yummy!

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Tim Horton's holds a lot of memories for me. It was a meeting place for my friends and I on several occasions, and we practically loitered there for hours. My mom worked there for about 10 yrs or something, at one of the 401 service centres (and for just over 2 years I worked in the same building at the KFC, so I kinda worked with my mom... haha). I even once dressed up in an inflatable Tim Horton's coffee cup mascot outfit for an event they had. True story.

I like that they've made themselves part of the Canadian culture. I don't even like their coffee, but I love their iced capps and french vanillas, and their turkey sandwiches and their everything bagels with light cream cheese. :) I love that they're drive thru (around here there is ONE drive thru coffee shop in town. It's ridiculous! Screw this 'walking' to get my coffee #######... :lol:).

I like that I can have a Tim Horton's travel mug here, to remind me of it. And I like that occasionally friends and family will mail me a container of the french vanilla mix, and sometimes I just sit with the tin open to breathe in and smell it like a creep. hahahah

ok, now I'm gonna cry...

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm back vry late tonight in Saskatoon....1st item on my agenda tomorrow is a Tim Hortons coffee!! Cant wait to see the bigger size cups,lol

But sitting here in Atlanta airport.....Dunkins will have to do!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Have a great trip, Flames!

TY! In the air right now from Atlanta to Minneapolis! And were running late, hopefully wont miss the last connection! Maybe Should put this in the vent section----how come people have no clue on how to board a plane? The 1 gsl in my seat was busy typing a text on her cell and she kept on typing while waited to get to my seat---which just slows up the process. Good times!! lol

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I'm back vry late tonight in Saskatoon....1st item on my agenda tomorrow is a Tim Hortons coffee!! Cant wait to see the bigger size cups,lol

But sitting here in Atlanta airport.....Dunkins will have to do!!!

Hey, if I had known you were in the Atlanta airport between flights I could have come in and met up with you for a coffee while you waited. We're about 15 minutes south of the airport and I've met up with a number of online acquaintances while they were laid over or waiting between flights. btw they have Seattle Coffee as well as Dunkin Donuts in the Atlanta airport.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Hey, if I had known you were in the Atlanta airport between flights I could have come in and met up with you for a coffee while you waited. We're about 15 minutes south of the airport and I've met up with a number of online acquaintances while they were laid over or waiting between flights. btw they have Seattle Coffee as well as Dunkin Donuts in the Atlanta airport.

I didn't even meet up with derekkj and they lived 2 floors down from me in the same apartment a few yrs back,lol Im not a very social person in the real world,lol Yes I had me some Dunkins!! Nicaragua has great coffee, but you cant find good old fashioned coffee cream!!

Thanks for the offer!!

Scott

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ohhh Tim Hortons, I somehow don't miss you when I'm in the states and cannot have you, but will love you forever.

Everything bagels toasted with butter, iced capps, ice coffee, sour cream glazed donuts, chicken salad sandwiches. And of course, a dirt cheap, exceedingly mediocre cup of coffee on a cold day (used to be double double, but I'm down to one milk, one sugar nowadays.) There's a Tim Hortons right near my new work, so I'm in there way too often. I'm loving the vanilla flavoured iced lattes lately too!

Timeline

They did it to all the hot drinks! And did you know they have a white hot chocolate now? Its pretty good. The peach was always one of my favorites too. When I worked there I drank way too much of it.

They opened a Tim Hortons/Cold Stone combo store in Niagara Falls. I was reeeeally excited when i went back home in February and saw it. Its an amazing combination!

I've never been to one, but I thought it was funny when I spotted 4 Tim Hortons in Brockville, Ontario driving 2 km down Parkedale Ave (between 401 exits 698 and 696). Are they that popular that they need one on every corner?

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

Timeline

I've never been to one, but I thought it was funny when I spotted 4 Tim Hortons in Brockville, Ontario driving 2 km down Parkedale Ave (between 401 exits 698 and 696). Are they that popular that they need one on every corner?

In some cities its like they are almost on every corner! back in 2003, I counted 75 Tim hortons in the Halifax phone book, I'm sure their are many more now!!

I know their are quite a few here in Saskatoon and they do very good business!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.