Yagisama

What do you like best about Tim Hortons?

45 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not a coffee drinker, but I used to love their bacon breakfast sandwiches and their BLT's. Where I worked in Canada, there was an onsite Timmies, so it was really easy access!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pretty much the only thing I go for are the breakfast sandwiches. You can get doughnuts of similar quality from somewhere like safeway these days. Prefer starbucks or even a cheapie place for hot chocolate (I don't drink coffee).

Edited by zentaco

K-1 Visa 248 Days
Filed: 2011-10-24... Interview: 2012-06-21... Visa Received: 2012-06-27

Adjustment of Status 84 Days

Filed: 2012-11-15... EAD Received: 2013-01-26... Interview: 2013-02-06

Removal of Conditions 166 Days

Filed: 2014-11-10... Card Production: 2015-04-16... Card Received: 2015-04-24

Naturalization 72 Days

Filed: 2024-01-02... Interview: 2024-02-27...Oath Ceremony: 2024-03-15

Timeline

I love donuts! My favorites at Tim's are the classic chocolate dip and the bluberry fritter. I also love their peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. For drinks, the french vanilla cap is my favorite. I went last month when I was in Canada and I was so weirded out by all the changes.. like fruit Smoothies and white hot chocolate.

I worked at Tim Hortons for 3 years in college. Its true, the ownership and management were horrible. But the job itself wasn't to bad, free baked goods, and most of my Coworkers and customers were good people.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Since they no longer make them fresh at their stores, I only went there for the hot chocolate when I still lived in Hamilton.

lol--I was waiting for you to post,lol--you were much kinder that I thought you would be,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wasn't a big coffee drinker when I lived in Canada, but now I am and wonder how I would like their coffee!

My fav. items were the Iced Caps made with Chocolate milk, french vanilla cappuccinos, dutchies, sour cream glazed, chocolate glazed and boston creme donutsand the potato soup.

Not sure how it would all taste these days.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I like the coffee - large double cream, one sweet and low - yum! I agree that their home made soups and sandwiches used to be much better than they have been the last few times I've been back. It was a sad day when they stopped baking things in the stores themselves. What I really miss, though, are their muffins! They have such wonderful varieties of different flavours - ones I've never seen here in the US and would love to have again - Raspberry bran, cheddar cheese, mixed fruit, banana nut - yes, I definitely miss their muffins. It's probably a good thing for my waistline, though :lol: .

I'm now a Dunkin' Donuts girl - medium decaf french vanilla, still double cream and one sweet and low!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I never understood what was so special about that Tim Hortons place. It was like any other donut place I've been too and nothing about it stood out for me. Ok I don't do coffee so maybe that was why. As for everything else, there was nothing that set it apart from anywhere else. I just could never understand friends or family when they talk about that place. I have an aunt that is constantly going on about having to find one when they do road trips. Never did understand that phenomena...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

I'm not a fan of Tim Hortons. I don't drink hot coffee (I LOVE the McCafe products at McD's...I kinda miss my daily Iced Mocha when I worked there lol). Anyway, I worked at Tim Hortons for 8 years. When I first started (as I had quit and then went back after 4 years), it was awesome. Fresh baked in store products, birthday cakes, no Iced Capps, and the Tim's Own sandwich line was just starting up. I was there when they switched to the par bake system, and was the first baker to do it in my store. Horrible system. The donuts come in fully formed, frozen in boxes. They are put on racks and then placed in to a convection "oven" for 1-2 minutes (depending on how many and the type). They are smaller than the old ones and don't taste nearly as good. The only thing I like from Tim Hortons are the bagels.

When I went back to work for them again in 2007, the whole atmosphere changed. I just wasn't happy there and my whole attitude towards Tim Hortons shifted then.

Tim Hortons sold out in 2002. So sad.

Edited by sherrybaby

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Timeline

well i think it has more to do with family and hockey probably. Also last i knew they supported young hockey players etc as well. its a huge boon for the kids. i guess i just remember it as being very community oriented. and i always thought of hockey and home with tim hortons.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

well i think it has more to do with family and hockey probably. Also last i knew they supported young hockey players etc as well. its a huge boon for the kids. i guess i just remember it as being very community oriented. and i always thought of hockey and home with tim hortons.

You are right. I remember going to many hockey tournaments with my parents and brother and always stopping in whatever small town we were in to get some Tim Hortons.

I remember Tim Hortons being at its best in my high school days, which was 1998-2002. Makes sense now that you mention they changed baking methods in 2002!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks....lol

When they made fresh donuts, I would go, but the coffee isn't that great and the only thing I did keep buying was hot chocolate and the blueberry pie.

Never was a fan of the donuts--Robins (which barely even exits now) had better donuts

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Timeline

I enjoy the process of walking down to my local Tim Hortons every morning.... when I visit. I also enjoy the coffee. When I lived there it was a little tiny treat for me to stop in for my coffee on my way to work. Kind of made sitting down at my desk and starting my day more tolerable. But what I miss most is Rrroll up the Rrrim to Win time. :cry:

iagree.gif

I rarely have anything to eat at Timmie's so I can't comment on the food. I do drink their coffee though (Medium double-double, thank you). I don't really know if it's the coffee so much as what it represents for me. Anytime we head out on a family road-trip, Timmie's is the first stop. Anytime me and my brother or sister want to get together and talk, we meet at Timmie's for coffee. It's wrapped up in sooooo many memories for me.

Yeah, probably too much information and not what you were looking for, but anyway... the coffee is good. :)

This, definitely (although for me, it was a hang out place with friends instead of siblings ;) but I totally get what you're saying) I know it isn't the greatest coffee in the world, but there's just sometime inherently comforting about a fresh, large double double. (L) Their soups were all right. I haven't eaten anything at Tim Hortons (besides the occasional soup, which was meh) in probably almost 20 years because I have a peanut allergy and so anything baked is really risky for me. I don't know if their policy used to be different or if my family used to be more lax or if some of these memories are from so long ago they didn't know I had an allergy yet (my allergy was discovered when I was 3), but I do remember eating donuts and Tim Bits as a small child, and the chocolate chip muffins were my favourite! I supposed that my perception of taste back then may not have been accurate and the recipes themselves are likely very different now.

For awhile I really liked French Vanillas, but the sweetness I could tolerate as a teenager became too much in my last few years prior to moving. I don't mind the French Vanilla powder you can buy, but that's probably because I can put in less powder/sugar and more cream.

Iced cappuccinos also will forever hold my heart. I did try the iced coffee a few times before I moved and I actually didn't mind it, but I know others who didn't care for it at all.

Oh Tim Hortons, I miss you so. And Moosehead beer.

Edited by Andy and Kayla

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.