Gary and Alla

Arbitron...Limbaugh's ratings jump!

19 posts in this topic

I can't find a link that shows that the ratings are up. In fact, I can't find a link at all today about Rush's ratings for that week.

Can anyone provide one?

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I can't find a link that shows that the ratings are up. In fact, I can't find a link at all today about Rush's ratings for that week.

Can anyone provide one?

There isn't an easy link - you would have to download the time period data and marry it to a program log based on the local schedule of each station that airs. A long and fairly arduous process. Radio ratings aren't the same as TV ratings.

But since Gary probably marked this day on his calendar in outlook (because, you know, he does really care) maybe we can send the data so he can run the analysis?

90day.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There isn't an easy link - you would have to download the time period data and marry it to a program log based on the local schedule of each station that airs. A long and fairly arduous process. Radio ratings aren't the same as TV ratings.

But since Gary probably marked this day on his calendar in outlook (because, you know, he does really care) maybe we can send the data so he can run the analysis?

I love to prove you wrong and prove I had better sources all along. :lol:

I win :dance:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I love to prove you wrong and prove I had better sources all along. :lol:

I win :dance:

Gez - I am too lazy to prove you wrong. I don't care - but you do! And that is so precious.

I know there is only one legitimate source for radio ratings and that is Arbitron, so anything else that is said is bull$hit. I know how long it takes to measure an audience for a radio program. Do you know why advertisers were so quick to abandon a radio program with "20 million listeners?" Because they know that number is not easily quantifiable and total BS - the average audience for Limbaugh is more like 2million. If they want to reach 20m they buy time on American Idol with no toxic associations for their brand.

The fact that you care so much to post today, much more than I care about proving you wrong proves that I win! I mean you totally put a reminder to post in your calendar the day the ratings are available :dance::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

90day.jpg

Timeline

Gez - I am too lazy to prove you wrong. I don't care - but you do! And that is so precious.

I know there is only one legitimate source for radio ratings and that is Arbitron, so anything else that is said is bull$hit. I know how long it takes to measure an audience for a radio program. Do you know why advertisers were so quick to abandon a radio program with "20 million listeners?" Because they know that number is not easily quantifiable and total BS - the average audience for Limbaugh is more like 2million. If they want to reach 20m they buy time on American Idol with no toxic associations for their brand.

The fact that you care so much to post today, much more than I care about proving you wrong proves that I win! I mean you totally put a reminder to post in your calendar the day the ratings are available :dance::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ouch.blink.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:lol:

Wrong and lazy.

It means I follow up on what I say, you just say stuff and run. I totally win! :dance:

:P

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

And all it will prove if his ratings go up is that there is a market for offensive stupidity! There are a lot of stupid, racist, and misogynistic people out there! There are probably also a lot of advertizers who want to go for that demographic. They might even be one of the best targets for advertizers, being stupid and gullible should be an ad-man's dream!

:lol:

Wrong and lazy.

It means I follow up on what I say, you just say stuff and run. I totally win! :dance:

:P

I can totally see how much this means to you. I simply don't care.

It doesn't change the fact that you were talking complete and utter nonsense that *may* have turned out to be true. You couldn't prove it then and you can't prove it now. Just saying things doesn't make it so.

Or maybe I'll show you my pics when you show "proof" you are right about this? I know how much you want to see them.

And all it will prove if his ratings go up is that there is a market for offensive stupidity! There are a lot of stupid, racist, and misogynistic people out there! There are probably also a lot of advertizers who want to go for that demographic. They might even be one of the best targets for advertizers, being stupid and gullible should be an ad-man's dream!

There's no point having ratings if you don't have advertisers. So it really doesn't matter if Rush gets a large audience if his syndicator can't monetize his audience.

90day.jpg