tru_Asiatik_Pride

Letter of intent address and G325 signiture and date

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiancee just send me her original signed copies of letter of intent and g325 form

Upon inspection i notice the letter of intent she put down the US embassy address of the philippines instead of the USCIS address

On the g325 form where she dates and signs she used the drop down box for tge date and ithad a format of mm/dd/yyyy but when it printed it only showed 3/20/201(its missing the 2 on the year)

Would these two be an issue or should i ask her to send me another copy and correct the errors...

My fiancee just send me her original signed copies of letter of intent and g325 form

Upon inspection i notice the letter of intent she put down the US embassy address of the philippines instead of the USCIS address

On the g325 form where she dates and signs she used the drop down box for tge date and ithad a format of mm/dd/yyyy but when it printed it only showed 3/20/201(its missing the 2 on the year)

Would these two be an issue or should i ask her to send me another copy and correct the errors...

you could fix it yourself...if you have a white out. white out the mistakes and rewrite it.mabuhay goodluck kabayan =)

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

I didnt know you could use white out

why not? as long that your doing it neatly and you don't white out his/her signature and you sign for him/her that's totally different story. (i prepare using a correction tape is less visible that the fluid) well that's up to you.

Edited by takis

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I didnt know you could use white out

Do not use white out.

Do not worry about the address on the letter of intent. You did not even need to put any address on it at all. It won't matter.

As for the date, is there a way to just add a 2 at the end of the date? Seems like that one could be a simple fix.

If you have her resend them, just have her not put any address but her own at the top of the letter of intent, and have her sign and then also hand-write the date on the G-325a so that mistake with the drop down box for the date does not happen again.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

anyways to begin with your fiance did the right thing putting the embassy where he/she is now (philippines)

read this topic

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/291306-fiance-letter-of-intent/

so now on his/her g-325a just put the #2 there with black ink

Edited by takis

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

anyways to begin with your fiance did the right thing putting the embassy where he/she is now (philippines)

read this topic

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/291306-fiance-letter-of-intent/

so now on his/her g-325a just put the #2 there with black ink

The example here on VJ is old. The letter of intent used to be addressed to either CSC or VSC, whichever one you were sending your petition to. Which is why it says, "address of filing location". All petitions are now sent to the Dallas lockbox, and people are often asking the question about what address to put there because they are confused about it. You can put the Dallas lockbox address where you will be sending the petition to, or you can put no address at all. It is not required. It is just a formality.

Putting the address for the consulate where you will interview is for the second letter of intent you would take to the interview later. As the example form says, "or when submitting for interview", you would put the embassy address where you interview. His fiancee putting Manila will not really matter though, as I stated before.

Yes, he can add the 2, or just line through the 201 printed mistake, and hand print 2012.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

The example here on VJ is old. The letter of intent used to be addressed to either CSC or VSC, whichever one you were sending your petition to. Which is why it says, "address of filing location". All petitions are now sent to the Dallas lockbox, and people are often asking the question about what address to put there because they are confused about it. You can put the Dallas lockbox address where you will be sending the petition to, or you can put no address at all. It is not required. It is just a formality.

Putting the address for the consulate where you will interview is for the second letter of intent you would take to the interview later. As the example form says, "or when submitting for interview", you would put the embassy address where you interview. His fiancee putting Manila will not really matter though, as I stated before.

Yes, he can add the 2, or just line through the 201 printed mistake, and hand print 2012.

cool atleast i could use that advice for my fiance interview soon(i guess..lol)..thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Address is not an issue and is not even needed. "To Whom It May Concern" is fine. What matters is what it says.

Draw a line through the incorrect date and handwrite the the correct date. Yes, you can do that.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.