ivory2012

Visa Category moved from F2A to F2B???

44 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Lain said:

They already moved to F2B as she turned 22.

Oh no! Im asking about my sisters situation. Right now, I'm just waiting for payment to show paid so I can do DS 260 and submit all the documents. But my sister is turning 21 in October so I'm kinda worried that will change her visa case to F2B while waiting for her to case to be completed and visa interview. Do u think that can happen? 

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
1 hour ago, mmlr said:

Oh no! Im asking about my sisters situation. Right now, I'm just waiting for payment to show paid so I can do DS 260 and submit all the documents. But my sister is turning 21 in October so I'm kinda worried that will change her visa case to F2B while waiting for her to case to be completed and visa interview. Do u think that can happen? 

Oh sorry, didn't understood that you are talking about your sisters case. What's her PD?

Timeline
2 hours ago, mmlr said:

Saw your post in different thread. Her PD should be current around December. The petitioner can call NVC and ask for invoice No., that you could log into CEAC and check if case is already open, if you haven't got Welcome letter yet. And answering q: will she be moved to F2B? Most likely not, but when her petition was approved?

Timeline
Just now, Lain said:

Saw your post in different thread. Her PD should be current around December. The petitioner can call NVC and ask for invoice No., that you could log into CEAC and check if case is already open, if you haven't got Welcome letter yet. And answering q: will she be moved to F2B? Most likely not, but when her petition was approved?

All that I am waiting now is for the payment AOS and IV  fee to show paid so I can fill out DS 260. Im just concern that NVC will change her case to F2B when she turns 21 in October and has not gone to interview yet. I am just really worried right now that can happen. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mmlr said:

All that I am waiting now is for the payment AOS and IV  fee to show paid so I can fill out DS 260. Im just concern that NVC will change her case to F2B when she turns 21 in October and has not gone to interview yet. I am just really worried right now that can happen. 

She's very close, but if her case is already open and you was able to pay, that's good. It takes NVC around a week after you payed to activate DS-260, but still she'll get her interview when her PD will get current and she already will be 21. So when her petition was approved by USCIS?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lain said:

She's very close, but if her case is already open and you was able to pay, that's good. It takes NVC around a week after you payed to activate DS-260, but still she'll get her interview when her PD will get current and she already will be 21. So when her petition was approved by USCIS?

She's approved last June 30,2016. 

Timeline

What happen if she is not?  Do u think she will be ok as long as she doesn't turn 22? or it needs to be before 21.  I am also thinking to request expedite about her case. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, mmlr said:

What happen if she is not?  Do u think she will be ok as long as she doesn't turn 22? or it needs to be before 21.  I am also thinking to request expedite about her case. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, mmlr said:

She'll be ok till February. If visa bulletin will delay, she just might not get her interview letter. Anyway, her PD must be current, that visa for her would be available.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Lain said:

She'll be ok till February. If visa bulletin will delay, she just might not get her interview letter. Anyway, her PD must be current, that visa for her would be available.

Alright thanks Lain. 

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/27/2012 at 3:12 AM, Deputy Purple said:

Actually I'd say that USCIS didn't need to even consider CSPA. They simply needed to determine if there exists a Petition-able Relationship between the Petitioner and Beneficiary but they do not determine what Visa category the beneficiary would fall under.

If I understand CSPA it only comes into play AFTER the petition is approved. So If your petition was approved 21 days prior to your sons birthday then CSPA could lock his immigration age at 21 days short of 21 (which wouldn't really help him as he'd never get to the point of Visa issuance in 21 days).

Example:

Petition is approved when child is 20 yrs & 6 months old. As Child of LPR they must wait for PD to become current. This wait takes 3 years. Child is now 23 yrs & 6 months but immigration age was frozen at 20 yrs and 6 months so child has 6 months to completed NVC and consulate processing then land in the US.

In short, by my (very limited) understanding of CSPA it doesn't apply to your Son's case as the petition wasn't approved prior to his 21st birthday.

Hi @AM, Deputy Purple

i know this is already old post. But i have almost the same case with my niece who got approved on her 20 and 11 months old (Oct 23, 2016),  But NVC put her under F2B category based on the letter we received last Nov 2017. 

Her bday is Dec 19. Turning 21st. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.