piglett

best POE from the Philippines

7 posts in this topic

not sure where to put this

my wife will be entering the US on June 5th from the Philippines for the 1st time

we live in the northeast and she will be flying into either boston or manchester NH

here is my question what is the best POE for her

her english is very good

so far the choices are

Guam , LA, Chicago

are they all just about as good

also she will be entering with a CR-1 visa &

as of June 5th we will have been married 2 years so she will be getting her 10 year GC

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/100_0181.jpg

thanks for your input

piglett

06/05/2010 wedding Cajidiocan, Philippines

11/17/2010 I-130 packet sent

11/23/2010 petition has been received and routed to the Vermont

Service Center for processing!!!

11/27/2010 NOA1 recieved by mail

04/23/2011 NOA2 recieved by mail....what a slow process : (

07/22/2011 AOS fee sent in also choice of address & agent form sent

08/22/2011 IV fee paid

02/28/2012 medical done ONE DAY !!!

03/14/2012 VISA APPROVED : )))

MY PICTURES http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

also she will be entering with a CR-1 visa &

as of June 5th we will have been married 2 years so she will be getting her 10 year GC

Is it really worth to wait that long? Guess what if POE official dont stamp for IR-1 esp if you plan to wait so long for POE. It would be really disappointing waiting. So far, I haven't read the stories where people had real success with this with IR-1 when they had CR-1 in their visa.

I know the rules, but seems like POE official do not care about that.

XrVRp5.png

It doesn't really matter what is the POE. I think whatever is cheaper is the best POE :)

Since the CR1 was approved, not one will stamp it as IR1 even if you will wait. POE have nothing to do with issuing the visa, DOS issues CR1 so she will be getting a 2yr greencard and you will have to do an ROC 90 day prior to expiration.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Country:
Timeline
It doesn't really matter what is the POE. I think whatever is cheaper is the best POE

Since the CR1 was approved, not one will stamp it as IR1 even if you will wait. POE have nothing to do with issuing the visa, DOS issues CR1 so she will be getting a 2yr greencard and you will have to do an ROC 90 day prior to expiration.

While I agree that Cheapest Flight is the best POE the rest of what you said is incorrect.

According to the INA if the Immigrant lands in the US AFTER their 2nd Wedding Anniversary then they will be granted a 10 year Greencard. This is regardless of what the Visa Class is at issuance.

At POE the immigrant should politely point-out that they are beyond that date so the CBP Officer should be sure to mark their file properly. VJ is full of reports of success with this exact situation. There have even been threads where the immigrant notice their I-551 stamp was marked as CR instead of IR so they went to a Deferred Inspection site to get it corrected.

To the OP, since you are waiting so long be sure to confirm the expiration date of your wife's Visa, it isn't 6 months from issuance it's 6 months from issuance OR the expiration of her Medical results whichever is sooner.

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

While I agree that Cheapest Flight is the best POE the rest of what you said is incorrect.

According to the INA if the Immigrant lands in the US AFTER their 2nd Wedding Anniversary then they will be granted a 10 year Greencard. This is regardless of what the Visa Class is at issuance.

At POE the immigrant should politely point-out that they are beyond that date so the CBP Officer should be sure to mark their file properly. VJ is full of reports of success with this exact situation. There have even been threads where the immigrant notice their I-551 stamp was marked as CR instead of IR so they went to a Deferred Inspection site to get it corrected.

To the OP, since you are waiting so long be sure to confirm the expiration date of your wife's Visa, it isn't 6 months from issuance it's 6 months from issuance OR the expiration of her Medical results whichever is sooner.

i'll have her take a look at your post, yes my understanding is

2nd wedding anniversary = IR-1

but i don't know all the ins & outs of it so thank you for the 411

june 5th is our 2 year anniversary so it looks clear to me but i'll make sure she informs them in a nice way

maybe in the form of asking a question???

she did her medical at the end of last month so the 6 months shouldn't be up, but that's good info to have :thumbs:

POE will be boston & i will pick her up from there

she will be flying out of Manila to some city in china that i can't spell to Toronto to Boston.

19 hours of flying & 22 total hours for the trip.

$994 with taxes from cheepoair.com

thanks piglett :dance:

08/22/2011 IV fee paid

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i'll have her take a look at your post, yes my understanding is

2nd wedding anniversary = IR-1

but i don't know all the ins & outs of it so thank you for the 411

june 5th is our 2 year anniversary so it looks clear to me but i'll make sure she informs them in a nice way

maybe in the form of asking a question???

she did her medical at the end of last month so the 6 months shouldn't be up, but that's good info to have :thumbs:

POE will be boston & i will pick her up from there

she will be flying out of Manila to some city in china that i can't spell to Toronto to Boston.

19 hours of flying & 22 total hours for the trip.

$994 with taxes from cheepoair.com

thanks piglett :dance:

I work for a major airline and here is a few things to consider on POE. I am trying to decide my route also. Visa is only good for one time entry. Guam connections are tight and flights are full and risk in missing connections and denied boarding. Tokyo has many flights to US but if misses any flights she cant leave airport. Hong Kong airport has hotel and her passport is good there. A diversion would be rare to another country but keep it in mind. If I can pull off Guam-HNL-Chicago I will go that route but NRT- Chicago would be quickest and easiest( NRT- IAD would be good for you). Safest bet is HKG-ORD.

I work for a major airline and here is a few things to consider on POE. I am trying to decide my route also. Visa is only good for one time entry. Guam connections are tight and flights are full and risk in missing connections and denied boarding. Tokyo has many flights to US but if misses any flights she cant leave airport. Hong Kong airport has hotel and her passport is good there. A diversion would be rare to another country but keep it in mind. If I can pull off Guam-HNL-Chicago I will go that route but NRT- Chicago would be quickest and easiest( NRT- IAD would be good for you). Safest bet is HKG-ORD.

i paid the $49 for the trip insurance , $994 is a bunch of money to lay out so what is just $49 more?

POE will be Boston, i wanted the flight straight from Japan to boston but there were only 4 seats left & i couldn't put my debit card info in fast enough 2 snag that one.

once she gets out of china she lands in toronto

then it's just a short flight & she is here.

she is heading to the province to go see her family for a while which is good because we will no be back in the PI for 2 or 3 more years.

we are going to pay the house off & then it's baby time

thanks

piglett

08/22/2011 IV fee paid

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.