angele

Letter of Relationship History-Ongoing Intent

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance has his visa interview on April 12. I have gathered letters of support from friends who have met him and letters of support from my mom and sister who have talked with him on the phone. I feel like I should be able to express my perspective at the interview too. I wrote a very short letter of intent for our application to USCIS, but want to include a longer letter about my experiences with my fiance and my feelings toward him. Good idea, bad idea?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I chose to rewrite/update my letter of intent. I stated, "It is STILL my intention..." with the current date of writing and I printed it out from the computer. I then hand wrote the entire contents below that to make sure that if that particular person who might look at it prefers one or the other--then all bases would be covered.

See what is acceptable on the forum that is specific to your country of question. Those folks can certainly give you more of an informed idea of what the culture is like in that embassy (hard asses, bored, rude, kind, bullies, etc.).

I posted a couple of suggestions that aren't related to your specific question, but might be some things you wanna do anyway.

Click here: Interview suggestions?

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I chose to rewrite/update my letter of intent. I stated, "It is STILL my intention..." with the current date of writing and I printed it out from the computer. I then hand wrote the entire contents below that to make sure that if that particular person who might look at it prefers one or the other--then all bases would be covered.

See what is acceptable on the forum that is specific to your country of question. Those folks can certainly give you more of an informed idea of what the culture is like in that embassy (hard asses, bored, rude, kind, bullies, etc.).

I posted a couple of suggestions that aren't related to your specific question, but might be some things you wanna do anyway.

Click here: Interview suggestions?

[/quo

hello Emintx...i loved to read your story in "our inmigration experience"...im from Argentina and i m new here,and im waiting for my interview ,on 3 may...here in Buenos Aires...im so anxious,and i cant sleep!ha ha....after two years of being with my lovely boy fron new jersey,we cant wait for have a life for real!!!thanks for sharing your experience!,i hope my interview experience be so good as yours!my interview is 3 days before my bday so what better gift i can expect???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you. I'll share that info. So hard not to be able to be a part of the interview.

get used to it. You will not be part of any other interviews either.

Letters are very weak "evidence" of anything. Anyone can write anything, for that matter YOU can write all the letters and sign them with different names. This is why they are given very little consideration. Hopefully you have a lot more evidence to provide. You can writ a letter yourself, they may not even look at them (they usually do not look at all the evidence presented) It will not hurt anything.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

The letter should have been part of the inital package, durning the interview the CO doesn't have much time to evaulated the content of the letter. In saying this you can write the letter, there will be no harm if you do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The letter should have been part of the inital package, durning the interview the CO doesn't have much time to evaulated the content of the letter. In saying this you can write the letter, there will be no harm if you do.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.