Sign in to follow this  
Sorrenbert

Have the appointment schedule but don't have PACKET 3? (letter from embassy)

8 posts in this topic

hello! just want to ask about your interview in embassy! i'm already in manila..did they ask you if you have receive the letter from them? cause i already have a scheduled embassy interview his coming April 12. and i still don't have the letter of instructions packet from them. i made my appointments using only my MNL case #! do i still need it to come? please i need your suggestions

hello! just want to ask about your interview in embassy! i'm already in manila..did they ask you if you have receive the letter from them? cause i already have a scheduled embassy interview his coming April 12. and i still don't have the letter of instructions packet from them. i made my appointments using only my MNL case #! do i still need it to come? please i need your suggestions

Hi!...Print the appointment letter they email to you.and bring it to your interview day.US embassy won't send us Packet 3,perhaps Letter.I receipt my Letter from US embassy last March 19,some members didn't received it.Goodluck to your interview!!! God Bless ...

Our Journey Together,Forever...

June 04 Detroit(POE)

June 15 Wedding "Blessed Day!" thank God!

July 13'12 Appointment Civil Surgeon

Adjustment Of Status

July 18'12 Send my application for AOS

July 20'12 USPS delivered my docs. to USCIS Chicago,IL

July 23'12 USCIS received Application(Priority date)

July 26'12 Check cash out/got txt@email,received my application

July 30'12 received mail NOA1(AOS/EAD/AP)

Aug.22'12 Biometrics done(Detroit,MI)

Sept.19 USCIS mailed a noticed they approved my Travel Docs.

Sept.20 EAD card on production(approved in 60 days!)

Sept.25 USPS pick up mail from USCIS(EAD card on the way!)

Sept.27 EAD card received.

Sept 28 went to SSOffice for name change on SSN card.

Oct 05'12 Got my new SSN card.

April 16'13 USCIS emailed Case Status:Card/Document Production.

April 20'13 Recieved mail from USCIS welcome notice.

April 22'13 USCIS email that USPS picked up mail containing my GC.

April 25'13 Green Card on hand,finally!...

if we don't receive the forms,where will we get it?

Febuary 13 - Sent I-129f

Febuary 17 - NOA1

March 15 - RFE

March 16 - Replied RFE

March 21 - NOA2

March 26 - NVC received

March 26 - Got MNL case #

March 26 - Received NOA2 hard copy

March 26 - Paid BPI $350

April 17 - Medical( St. Lukes)

April 24 - Interview (Administrative Review 221g

May 15 - received text from to go that visa is ready for pick up!! (OMG! finally!!)

THANK YOU LORD FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS...

Thank you for the info! i already printed out the appointment letter from the email. i had my MNL case number last march 12 via email. they said it's already forwarded at the Embassy Manila. how long does it take for them to send it? good for youblush.gif, you have the letter. but what does it says? does it says, bring this with you or something?...tongue_ss.gif

Hi!...Print the appointment letter they email to you.and bring it to your interview day.US embassy won't send us Packet 3,perhaps Letter.I receipt my Letter from US embassy last March 19,some members didn't received it.Goodluck to your interview!!! God Bless ...

if we don't receive the forms,where will we get it?

Here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#5

[/url]The Second Step: Applying for a Visa

Once the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), will apply receives the petition from NVC, it will provide you with specific instructions, including where to go for the required medical examination. During your interview, ink-free, digital fingerprint scans will be taken. Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer.

Eligible children of K-1 visa applicants may apply for K-2 visas. Separate applications must be submitted for each K visa applicant, and each K visa applicant must pay the visa application fee.

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

K Visa applicants applying at U.S. Consulate General Montreal and U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez have different application form requirements. Review information on the U.S. Consulate General Montreal or U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez website to learn which forms you must complete.

Note: The Consular Officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

Medical Examination and Vaccination Requirements

In preparing for the interview, applicants will need to schedule and complete a medical examination. Before the issuance of an immigrant or K visa, every applicant, regardless of age, must undergo a medical examination which must be performed by an authorized panel physician. You will be provided instructions regarding medical examinations from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will apply for your visa, including information on authorized panel physicians. See Medical Examination for more information, including a list of panel physicians by country, and frequently asked questions.

K visa applicants are encouraged to get the vaccinations required under U.S. immigration law for immigrant visa applicants. Although such vaccinations are not required for K visa issuance, they will be required when adjusting status to that of legal permanent resident following your marriage. Applicants are therefore encouraged to fulfill these vaccination requirements at the time of the medical examination. See Vaccination Requirements for IV Applicants for the list of required vaccinations and additional information.

Proof of Financial Support and Affidavit of Support Forms

During the visa interview, applicants will be required to present evidence to the Consular Officer that they will not become a public charge in the U.S. You may present evidence that you are able to financially support yourself or that your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is able to provide support. The Consular Officer may request that a Form I-134, Affidavit of Support be submitted by the U.S. citizen fiancé(e).

The U.S. citizen fiancé(e) will need to submit Form I-864 to USCIS with the application for adjustment of status to that of legal permanent resident following the marriage.

Do the Same Income Requirements Apply to Form I-134 as Apply to Form I-864?

No. The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline.

Fees - How Much Does a K Visa Cost?

Fees are charged for the following services:

For current fees for Department of State, see Fees for Visa Services. For current fees for USCIS, see Check Filing Fees on the USCIS website.

This is the link to the K1/K2 page, note the required documents for the interview. DS-230 is not required of you. Don't wait for any letter or package from USEM, how fast you get through the final steps and land in the arms of your honey is mostly up to you now -- provided you pass the medical and interview.

Register online for the medical at St. Luke's, registering online will save time on the day of the actual medical. This is the link to St. Luke's, note the required documents for the medical.

Before or after your interview at USEM, you'll need to attend a CFO counseling session. If you have the visa -- you get a CFO sticker placed in your passport after the counseling session. If you attend the CFO counseling before you have the visa -- you return to CFO with your certificate to get the sticker. That sticker is required before you can exit the country. Here is the link to the CFO website, note the documents required to attend the counseling.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

what is the difference of packet 3 and packet 4?

Febuary 13 - Sent I-129f

Febuary 17 - NOA1

March 15 - RFE

March 16 - Replied RFE

March 21 - NOA2

March 26 - NVC received

March 26 - Got MNL case #

March 26 - Received NOA2 hard copy

March 26 - Paid BPI $350

April 17 - Medical( St. Lukes)

April 24 - Interview (Administrative Review 221g

May 15 - received text from to go that visa is ready for pick up!! (OMG! finally!!)

THANK YOU LORD FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS...

Thank you for the info! God bless!

This is the link to the K1/K2 page, note the required documents for the interview. DS-230 is not required of you. Don't wait for any letter or package from USEM, how fast you get through the final steps and land in the arms of your honey is mostly up to you now -- provided you pass the medical and interview.

Register online for the medical at St. Luke's, registering online will save time on the day of the actual medical. This is the link to St. Luke's, note the required documents for the medical.

Before or after your interview at USEM, you'll need to attend a CFO counseling session. If you have the visa -- you get a CFO sticker placed in your passport after the counseling session. If you attend the CFO counseling before you have the visa -- you return to CFO with your certificate to get the sticker. That sticker is required before you can exit the country. Here is the link to the CFO website, note the documents required to attend the counseling.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.