HollyEslem

Confused and a little panicked

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

My fiance and I have been together going on 3 years. During this time, he applied for a tourist visa twice in hopes to visit and meet my family before we got married. He was denied both times. We plan on getting married this summer but we have heard some information that has us a little panicked. Someone told my fiance that because he applied for a tourist visa (under good intentions) and was denied that should we get married, our spousal visa could be denied because of this. Does anyone know if this is true? We have been apart for so long and the thought is devastating to us. Any information would greatly be appreciated! Thank you!

February 4, 2010- Met!!

September 6, 2010-First Trip to Tunisia..officially a couple!

June 28, 2011-Second Trip to Tunisia..became engaged!!

March 2012-Third Trip to Tunisia

June 26, 2012-Fourth Trip to Tunisia..Started preparing our wedding plans!

November 6 2012-Filed our K-1 Petition!

November 16, 2012- NOA 1: K-1 Received and entered into the database

November 23, 2012- Petition was "touched" In initial review..YAY!!

March 16, 2013- Fifth Trip to Tunisia..and anxiously waiting for approval!

May 23, 2013-NOA 2: Petition Approved!!

June 3, 2013-Petition received by NVC!

June 6, 2013-Petition forwarded to the embassy in Tunisia!

June 14, 2013- Received letter from NVC notifying us of our petition being forwarded to Tunis!

June 17, 2013- Consulate Received!!

June 25, 2013- Received Packet 3 from Embassy!

July 4, 2013- Sent Packet 3 back to Embassy..waiting for an interview date!

July 15, 2013- Packet 4 received..Interview set for July 30, 2013!!!

July 22, 2013- Medical done!!

July 30, 2013- Interview- APPROVED!!!!

August 5, 2013-Picked up Visa!!

September 16, 2013-Eslem arrived safely in my arms!! POE: Pittsburg International Airport

November 7, 2013-We are finally married!!!

3jYnm4.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiance and I have been together going on 3 years. During this time, he applied for a tourist visa twice in hopes to visit and meet my family before we got married. He was denied both times. We plan on getting married this summer but we have heard some information that has us a little panicked. Someone told my fiance that because he applied for a tourist visa (under good intentions) and was denied that should we get married, our spousal visa could be denied because of this. Does anyone know if this is true? We have been apart for so long and the thought is devastating to us. Any information would greatly be appreciated! Thank you!

Not true. Relax. Tourist visa denials are common because of lack of evidence onewill return to the home country, most likely his case. In the case of a marriage visa there is no intent to return. THAt is the idea after all.

Provided he was not denied due to some reason which bars him from entering the US (criminal background, drug use, etc.) he will be fine and the tourist visa denials have no affect whatever.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi,

I don't think that this will be a problem as he applied for non-immigrant visa.

A year ago I also wanted to go to the USA and see my fiance and they refuse me a tourist visa as according to them I don't have strong ties to my country (really stupid thing :yes:). I am also a little bit concerned about this refusal but the VJ's members clearly stated that this won't be a problem.

Good luch with your journey. (F) (F) (F)

21/03/2012 - sent 129F to Dallas Lockbox
25/03/2012 - I129F recieved
26/03/2012 - NOA1
24/09/2012 - NOA2 text message
02/10/2012 - NVC left case sent to Bulgaria ;o)
15/10/2012 - Packet 3 recieved
27/10/2012 - Medical exam
29/10/2012 - Interview - APPROVED
25/11/2012 - POE Miami
01/02/2013 - married

AOS
02/01/2013 - AOS sent
02/12/2013 - NOA1 text and email
02/16/2013 - recieved biometrics appointment letter
02/26/2013 - biometrics appointment

08/29/2013 - received notice of potential interview waiver case

10/23/2013 - Interview approved ;o)

11/01/2013 - green card received

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ask your fiance to look at his denial documentation for both visas. If it says "denied without prejudice" you don't have anything to worry about. He might still be asked about it, but if he simply gives a truthful explanation that he just wanted to visit to be with you but was still denied for lack of evidence it should be sufficient.

However, if his tourist visa denails AREN'T WITHOUT prejudice....meaning there is a specific reason he was denied (other than strong ties to his home country), then yes, it possibly may or may not cause a problem. In this case if I were you, I'd try to find out exactly what was the reason for denial and gather as much documentation against it as possible.

Edited by sulhaq

Timeline

Thanks everyone! To answer some questions, he was never given ANY paper stating he was denied. They just gave him a receipt for the money he paid. He said the first time, she just simply told him he wasn't approved and he asked her why and she told him that he didn't have enough evidence. Then the second time (we applied again thinking she needed more evidence) she denied him again and said he wasn't mature enough according to code B214 (?)and that unless he was married and had kids, he would likely keep being refused. Both times she never looked at any evidence.Those were the reasons and like I said, she gave him NO paper nor did he receive on in the mail or anything saying he had been denied. The only papers he has is where he filed and the paper with his interview time, etc. Would it be possible to obtain that if he contacted them?? He has never been in trouble, etc...in fact, in a last ditch effort, he said he had all the papers she would need and she said she believed everything that he said but she couldn't approve him....she just said "he wasn't mature enough" Thanks for any insight!

February 4, 2010- Met!!

June 14, 2013- Received letter from NVC notifying us of our petition being forwarded to Tunis!

September 16, 2013-Eslem arrived safely in my arms!! POE: Pittsburg International Airport

3jYnm4.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Thanks everyone! To answer some questions, he was never given ANY paper stating he was denied. They just gave him a receipt for the money he paid. He said the first time, she just simply told him he wasn't approved and he asked her why and she told him that he didn't have enough evidence. Then the second time (we applied again thinking she needed more evidence) she denied him again and said he wasn't mature enough according to code B214 (?)and that unless he was married and had kids, he would likely keep being refused. Both times she never looked at any evidence.Those were the reasons and like I said, she gave him NO paper nor did he receive on in the mail or anything saying he had been denied. The only papers he has is where he filed and the paper with his interview time, etc. Would it be possible to obtain that if he contacted them?? He has never been in trouble, etc...in fact, in a last ditch effort, he said he had all the papers she would need and she said she believed everything that he said but she couldn't approve him....she just said "he wasn't mature enough" Thanks for any insight!

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

February 4, 2010- Met!!

3jYnm4.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.