MrPlow

"Notarized Copy of Tax Return"

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Another question that's probably been asked but I was not able to find a satisfactory answer with search. Because I am using my income to establish support, the I-134 instructions mention a "notarized copy of tax return." I e-filed for 2011 so no paper return was sent to the IRS. Can I just print out a copy of the full return, sign it and date it, have the bank notarize it with attached copies of W-2s and 1099s, and be on my way? Or do I need to wait for the IRS to send me a tax transcript?

Also, I see conflicting info on whether the I-134 needs to be notarized. Does it or doesn't it?

Thank you.

Another question that's probably been asked but I was not able to find a satisfactory answer with search. Because I am using my income to establish support, the I-134 instructions mention a "notarized copy of tax return." I e-filed for 2011 so no paper return was sent to the IRS. Can I just print out a copy of the full return, sign it and date it, have the bank notarize it with attached copies of W-2s and 1099s, and be on my way? Or do I need to wait for the IRS to send me a tax transcript?

Also, I see conflicting info on whether the I-134 needs to be notarized. Does it or doesn't it?

Thank you.

Highly recommend reading this thread in the UK forum on what's needed for London: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Previous response is very good advice.

Use IRS tax transcripts. I recently got my 2011 transcript from IRS in 10 days. Notary requirements vary from consulate to consulate, check UK embassy info as mentioned above.

Good luck on your visa journey.

:time: It helps everyone that uses the forum.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

welcome to VJ! :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Tax transcripts are easy to get, and are free. You can fill out the form on line and they will send as many years as you want. check out: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=232168,00.html

Good luck!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The reason I ask is that we got our NOA2 about a month ago, I don't want to risk not having the transcripts. I'll order the transcripts but would it be a good idea to provide a signed copy of my tax return to my fiancee incase the interview occurs before the transcripts arrive? Or would that be a bad idea, in your experience(s)?

Posters are correct--the interview is going to be in London (obviously).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello! just want to ask about your interview in embassy! did they ask you if you have receive the letter from them? cause i already have a scheduled embassy interview his coming April 12. and i still don't have the letter of instructions packet from them. i made my appointments using only my MNL case #! please i need your suggestions

Highly recommend reading this thread in the UK forum on what's needed for London: http://www.visajourn...terview-thread/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello! just want to ask about your interview in embassy! did they ask you if you have receive the letter from them? cause i already have a scheduled embassy interview his coming April 12. and i still don't have the letter of instructions packet from them. i made my appointments using only my MNL case #! please i need your suggestions

Highly recommend reading this thread in the UK forum on what's needed for London: http://www.visajourn...terview-thread/

The reason I ask is that we got our NOA2 about a month ago, I don't want to risk not having the transcripts. I'll order the transcripts but would it be a good idea to provide a signed copy of my tax return to my fiancee incase the interview occurs before the transcripts arrive? Or would that be a bad idea, in your experience(s)?

Posters are correct--the interview is going to be in London (obviously).

It should take about a week to get the tax transcript. Has the interview been scheduled yet? If not, order the transcript as soon as possible so you can get it to the UK. If you send your income tax return, you'll have to provide everything that goes with it, the W-2s, any other tax statements, etc. That's why it's easier to have the transcript.

Sorrenbert, instead of posting this in every thread, please post your question in the Philippines forum so people can provide relevant information related to that embassy. Good luck!

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Thank you.

A print out of the whole return is fine (plus the supporting W2s etc). Sign and date is good. E-file receipt shows it was accepted if you want to top it off with sprinkles.

London does not need tax return to be notarized. It doesn't have to be a transcript. They don't even require a tax return if you can prove your current income in another way. POSITIVE.

Note: Go ahead and order transcripts so you can have them when you file AOS.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

London does not need tax return to be notarized. It doesn't have to be a transcript. They don't even require a tax return if you can prove your current income in another way. POSITIVE.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

i was asked for the I-134 and a letter of employment... she wasnt interested in anything else

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The instructions for the I-134 say SPECIFICALLY THAT it does NOT need to be notarized.

And, I just read it again, and there is also NOTHING stating that the tax return be notarized.

you might be reading forms that are several years outdated.

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

"... the I-134 instructions mention a "notarized copy of tax return."

nowhere in the instructions does it say you need to notarize the tax return. Re-read the instructions more carefully, please provide source it it does.

No conflict on the I-134 notarization. Forms and instructions change from time to time. You need concern yourself with current information, not info that changed three years ago

YMMV

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any specific reason for using tax return for evidence of support? The instructions for the I-134 form say its only needed if you are self employed, otherwise have your company provide a letter of employment on business stationary. No where in the instructions does it state that any document has to be notarized. It even specifies that it is not necessary to have the I-134 form itself notarized because you are to sign it under penalty of perjury.

I missed this part before. The conflicting info could be from old info. In March 2008, the I-134 I filled out had notary lines written in at the end of the form. ...signed and sworn before me on this date...my commision expires.....signature...and so forth

The form was revised and the notarization section was removed. Now you sign under penalty of perjury and that is deemed enough on the newer form.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.