rose_ella

Approved March 16, 2012 Waiting for Letter from Embassy

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

What are or did you apply for? Usually less than 2 weeks.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

What are or did you apply for? Usually less than 2 weeks.

I'm a new member. I'm a filipina my fiance received the letter of approval March 19, 2012. I want to know when I should be able to receive my letter from the US embassy here in Manila.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wally has an excellent post all about what to do after NOA-2.

I pray either you can find it here on VJ, or he comes by your topic..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rose, fill in your profile and timeline. The approval you talk about, what exactly is it? When did your fiance file the petition? Is it the first letter he has received or did you file 5 or so months ago and this is the second letter? If it's the second letter, he can start calling the NVC to get your case number for Manila. You don't need to wait for the letter from the embassy. If it's the first letter, you still have some months to go.

There are numerous posts on here that talk about next steps. I am waiting for my second letter, so you guys are either 6 weeks ahead of me, or a few months behind, depending on the Approval he received.

I'm hoping you received you petition approval. If so, he should call NVC, get your case number, then you can pay your visa fee and get your medical done in Phils now without waiting for embassy letter.

Good luck!

Rose, fill in your profile and timeline. The approval you talk about, what exactly is it? When did your fiance file the petition? Is it the first letter he has received or did you file 5 or so months ago and this is the second letter? If it's the second letter, he can start calling the NVC to get your case number for Manila. You don't need to wait for the letter from the embassy. If it's the first letter, you still have some months to go.

There are numerous posts on here that talk about next steps. I am waiting for my second letter, so you guys are either 6 weeks ahead of me, or a few months behind, depending on the Approval he received.

I'm hoping you received you petition approval. If so, he should call NVC, get your case number, then you can pay your visa fee and get your medical done in Phils now without waiting for embassy letter.

Good luck!

Yes, it's our second letter got the approval after 6 and a half months of waiting.

Timeline:

08/26/2011 Received the Application for K1

03/16/2012 Approval of the K1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, it's our second letter got the approval after 6 and a half months of waiting.

Congrats Rose :dance:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Good luck!

Hi everyone,

We got our NOA2 on March 15th too! We are waiting to hear from them, my fiance called them and they said we should contact the related consulate. What do you think? I tried so many posts here, couldn't find the best to get more info. Would you please help me how can I search for the related posts & forums? Hope you get yours very SOON!

Appreciated!

event.png

event.png

AOS I-485:

Package sent: October 10th

NOA1: October 18th

Biometric Letter: October 20th

Biometric apt: November 16th

Hi everyone,

We got our NOA2 on March 15th too! We are waiting to hear from them, my fiance called them and they said we should contact the related consulate. What do you think? I tried so many posts here, couldn't find the best to get more info. Would you please help me how can I search for the related posts & forums? Hope you get yours very SOON!

Appreciated!

Wow! Congrats! When did you submit your application? Are you in Manila? Where is your fiance from in the US? My fiance is from Texas...

Timeline

Awww, Thank you so much! Same to you ... We submitted in November 10th (you can see my timeline). He is in DC!

event.png

event.png

AOS I-485:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Appreciated!

Congrats on your NOA2.

It typically takes anywhere between 2-4 weeks for the case to reach the beneficiary's consulate. Since it's been ten days since NOA2, I would suggest giving it another 4-5 days and call the consulate that your fiance would be attending the interview at, next Thursday-Friday(March 29-30). I don't know if you already know this, in the meanwhile you can call the NVC (National Visa Center in USA) now on their helpline and find out the visa number. A Visa number(also known to some people as Receipt number that is on the NOA letters) is generated after NOA2 is received and from hereby the visa number would be your case number. This is necessary as the people at the beneficiary's consulate would ask for the visa number (not the one you have been using to track your case so far) when you call them to ask for any kind of help at all.

I know it is very hard to gain all the knowledge about the visa process at once. I just went through all that process and I don't know what all to share with you right now. So write to me if you need any info and I will share what I know.

Hope this clears some doubts!

Timeline

Thank you Bunnyjax, very very nice of you! So, you think we should wait another week. Good, it's nothing compare to the time for NOA2. hmmm, is it MUST to call them or this is just expedite the process in NVC? Do they usually contact you when they assign the case number?

Thank you again!

event.png

event.png

AOS I-485:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.