62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So here's the deal,I had my interview at 22nd of March this year.

I submitted lots of proof (500-1000 pages chatlog,phonelog,pictures).

So what happened at interview was that it actually went fine but the guy at the end gave me this green sheet and told me that he acquires me to provide more proof. I responded to him that I already provided what I could in this particular case of long distance relationship , so he replied back that he read all my chatlogs and he doesn't find them deep enough. He also mentioned that most of the marriages from Pakistan are arrange marriages so if you are having a love mmarriage you have to show it more.

I am seriously disappointed , that how people judge your love, also can I send them videos as a proof?

I will be grateful for all suggestions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So what happened at interview was that it actually went fine but the guy at the end gave me this green sheet and told me that he acquires me to provide more proof. I responded to him that I already provided what I could in this particular case of long distance relationship , so he replied back that he read all my chatlogs and he doesn't find them deep enough. He also mentioned that most of the marriages from Pakistan are arrange marriages so if you are having a love mmarriage you have to show it more.

I am seriously disappointed , that how people judge your love, also can I send them videos as a proof?

I know some of the stuff we submitted were pretty personal talking about our future or how we were planning for having a baby,

Do you have anything joint? any bank accounts? If not, is the beneficiary listed on anything like utility bills? insurance?

What about POD (Paid on Death) for stocks, checking, life insurance?

What other things did you provide besides just chat logs? I know my husband took loads of chats, emails, letters I had sent, pictures the children had drawn for fathers day or his birthday.. cards, photos with us together, us with his family members going out to eat, shopping, at the park etc...

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

1000 pages of chat logs? You have got to be kidding.

When there is only one kind of "proof", that alone is enough to be suspicious.

We had:

• photos of us with other people in a variety of places
  • tickets to different places in different cities indicating travel
  • tickets with photos of us in those places together on a single page (plastic pockets) (Example-ticket to a museum with pic of us together outside, in front of that museum that would be clear to anyone that lived in that city where the embassy is located)
  • letters (with envelopes)
  • cards (with envelopes)
  • postcards
  • Christmas/Mother's day/Father's day/ birthday cards that were sent to his parents (wtih envelopes)
  • boarding passes for flights there/home
  • itinerary of travel plans together
  • bus tickets of travel together
  • medical receipts from seeing a doctor/dentist in his city
  • NO chatlogs
  • NO evidence of a single phone call

Seriously, there are several months of wait time between filing and the interview, you couldn't write a single letter or send a romantic/birthday/holiday card in all the time? Your beloved wasn't worth even a 98 cent stamp?

You actually met, right? But you didn't bother spending a dime to go to the movies/out to eat/a museum/any place where you pay and have a ticket or receipt?

Huge volumes pages of anything is an insult to the person you are handing them to. If you expect me to look over your file, you need to make it clear what is important and not waste my time. I am absolutely sure you didn't win any points with the whole "let me overwhelm them: attitude. Anyone who gives me hours and hours and hours of ####### to deal with will automatically have a major strike against him/her and I will be suspicious that it is all fake.

My guy took many things but each type of thing was easily accessible and ready to offer in a second. There was no digging, there was no wasting time, and most of it was not requested.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The strongest evidence of a bona fide relationship is actually the time you spend together in person. How much time did you spend together? Did you provide evidence of that? You can't provide what you don't have but if the CO isn't impressed with what you DID provide, start thinking about other possibilities.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In regards to video:

Not sure of Pakastan. For our consulate, Ukraine, I read electronic media is not accepted. However you could freeze frames or use video software to view frame by frame, capture them and print them out.

Timeline

I know some of the stuff we submitted were pretty personal talking about our future or how we were planning for having a baby,

Do you have anything joint? any bank accounts? If not, is the beneficiary listed on anything like utility bills? insurance?

What other things did you provide besides just chat logs? I know my husband took loads of chats, emails, letters I had sent, pictures the children had drawn for fathers day or his birthday.. cards, photos with us together, us with his family members going out to eat, shopping, at the park etc...

I just think that we were not that prepared enough, it was because she had her parents and you might have idea how things go when parents are there as you or your fiance is also Pakistani.

What we didn't submit is my posts on her fb and lots of these graphics I created for her and mailed her on gmail.

There are also some gif animations I created for her but I have no idea how would I submit them.

We had:

• tickets with photos of us in those places together on a single page (plastic pockets) (Example-ticket to a museum with pic of us together outside, in front of that museum that would be clear to anyone that lived in that city where the embassy is located)
  • cards (with envelopes)
  • postcards
  • Christmas/Mother's day/Father's day/ birthday cards that were sent to his parents (wtih envelopes)
  • NO chatlogs

Seriously, there are several months of wait time between filing and the interview, you couldn't write a single letter or send a romantic/birthday/holiday card in all the time? Your beloved wasn't worth even a 98 cent stamp?

You actually met, right? But you didn't bother spending a dime to go to the movies/out to eat/a museum/any place where you pay and have a ticket or receipt?

Huge volumes pages of anything is an insult to the person you are handing them to. If you expect me to look over your file, you need to make it clear what is important and not waste my time. I am absolutely sure you didn't win any points with the whole "let me overwhelm them: attitude. Anyone who gives me hours and hours and hours of ####### to deal with will automatically have a major strike against him/her and I will be suspicious that it is all fake.

My guy took many things but each type of thing was easily accessible and ready to offer in a second. There was no digging, there was no wasting time, and most of it was not requested.

We didn't do the good ole letters because we mostly sent each other emails and we submitted all these chatlogs just to show them how much time we spend together . We also spent time together, went museum and this national park here but we didn't keep any tickets:(.

The strongest evidence of a bona fide relationship is actually the time you spend together in person. How much time did you spend together? Did you provide evidence of that? You can't provide what you don't have but if the CO isn't impressed with what you DID provide, start thinking about other possibilities.

well she paid two trips to Pakistan , so it could be more like two weeks max. But we do speak online to each other almost everyday , I just wonder why it doesn't count to them.

In regards to video:

Not sure of Pakastan. For our consulate, Ukraine, I read electronic media is not accepted. However you could freeze frames or use video software to view frame by frame, capture them and print them out.

Thats actually a great idea. I will try doing that. Thank you. You have any idea how do I show them Gif animations?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just think that we were not that prepared enough, it was because she had her parents and you might have idea how things go when parents are there as you or your fiance is also Pakistani.

What we didn't submit is my posts on her fb and lots of these graphics I created for her and mailed her on gmail.

There are also some gif animations I created for her but I have no idea how would I submit them.

We didn't do the good ole letters because we mostly sent each other emails and we submitted all these chatlogs just to show them how much time we spend together . We also spent time together, went museum and this national park here but we didn't keep any tickets:(.

well she paid two trips to Pakistan , so it could be more like two weeks max. But we do speak online to each other almost everyday , I just wonder why it doesn't count to them.

Thats actually a great idea. I will try doing that. Thank you. You have any idea how do I show them Gif animations?

Yes, for gif, you hit ctrl-alt-prnt screen for each frame (copy image into clipboard), and paste into paintbrush... should only capture the "active window", but if it captures your entire monitor screen, just edit the gif image in paint.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

so, for trips you two made together - you have PHOTOS?

I'm missing some things here...

1. photos of you two together

2. photos of her with your parents

3. receipts of her trips

4. telephone bills showing calls to you

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We had:

• cards (with envelopes)
  • postcards
  • NO chatlogs

Great input - we did basically the same - but included chat and phone logs too - just a sampling.

Met on line: 7-4-2007

Sent petition to Vermont Service Center on 8-11-2010

NOA1 VSC 8-27-10

NOA2 VSC 2-7-11

Interview 5-12-11

Approved 5-12-11

POE: LA/6-15-2011

Married 8-26-2011

AOS: Submitted 10-7-2011

AOS Interview: 2-23-2012 Approved

Green Card Recvd: 2-28-2012

Timeline

so, for trips you two made together - you have PHOTOS?

I'm missing some things here...

1. photos of you two together

2. photos of her with your parents

3. receipts of her trips

4. telephone bills showing calls to you

Yes we submitted all that to USCIS.

Filed: Timeline

I'm John's fiance, and I have to tell you that you may not be getting the full picture here. He mentioned that we sent chat logs yes, but if you think that we are stupid enough to JUST send chat logs, then you're sadly mistaken.

We sent MANY of the following documents:

1) Chat logs

2) Skype logs

3) Pictures from our trips which not only included photos of us but of our families together

4) Text message and phone logs

5) Stubs and receipts from my trip to see him

In addition we have videos, receipts from our weddings plans, photos from our last trip (which we did not submit because that was recently AFTER filing for the fiance visa), more phone logs, text message logs, facebook messages, etc.

So when they asked for further evidence, I just assumed that they want to know how we've been in contact in the last 6 months since we've filed for our fiance visa. In his country they do give the men harder time at the interview process compared to the women there.

We had:

• cards (with envelopes)
  • postcards
  • NO chatlogs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm John's fiance, and I have to tell you that you may not be getting the full picture here. He mentioned that we sent chat logs yes, but if you think that we are stupid enough to JUST send chat logs, then you're sadly mistaken.

We can only respond to his post by reading what he says. He stated that he submitted a phone book of volume of

500-1000 pages chatlog,phonelog,pictures

Apparently, we are all too stupid to realize that what he had was not a successful example of proof. Instead of being hostile, consider gathering the other evidences and, as you see each other, continue gathering. I took a trip to see my fiance 4 months after submitting the original application and we certainly were making sure to save examples of evidence that time. It was tougher because we stayed and traveled with family and had no receipts for most things--but we did use the ATM and we did go to the doctor and I certainly did have my boarding passes.

If you are absolutely convinced that your evidence was good enough, consider the presentation. It should be as easy and clear as possible for the poor schmuck at the desk to deal with.

Because many people do successfully bring their fiance(e) here, then it certainly can be done. It might be a good idea to copy them. But then again, if you don't want to bother getting suggestions from others who have had their interviews or gone through the process, what is the point of being here?

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Aside from you, no one here is getting hostile. As you have quoted (and yet again misread) we did not JUST send chat logs. We send a plethora of proof (pictures, phone logs, etc.). What my fiance was ASKING was whether video can be sent to the embassy as further proof of our encounter. Instead of continuing to suggest things we have already done, perhaps you can be more productive by answering his original question. Or rather, don't if you can't answer the question adequately.

We can only respond to his post by reading what he says. He stated that he submitted a phone book of volume of

Apparently, we are all too stupid to realize that what he had was not a successful example of proof. Instead of being hostile, consider gathering the other evidences and, as you see each other, continue gathering. I took a trip to see my fiance 4 months after submitting the original application and we certainly were making sure to save examples of evidence that time. It was tougher because we stayed and traveled with family and had no receipts for most things--but we did use the ATM and we did go to the doctor and I certainly did have my boarding passes.

If you are absolutely convinced that your evidence was good enough, consider the presentation. It should be as easy and clear as possible for the poor schmuck at the desk to deal with.

Because many people do successfully bring their fiance(e) here, then it certainly can be done. It might be a good idea to copy them. But then again, if you don't want to bother getting suggestions from others who have had their interviews or gone through the process, what is the point of being here?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Did you send any of this info as I posted earlier? Aside from the trips/boarding passes passport stamps eticket etc...??

I have my husband as POD on EVERYTHING that is related to insurance/stocks/checking/savings accounts and in my will... also he is on some of my utility bills

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Thanks for your post. We do not have a joint financial account since we're not married yet. We basically sent everything else (etickets, passport stamps, receipts, photos, logs of phone and chat from various messengers, etc.)

Did you send any of this info as I posted earlier? Aside from the trips/boarding passes passport stamps eticket etc...??

I have my husband as POD on EVERYTHING that is related to insurance/stocks/checking/savings accounts and in my will... also he is on some of my utility bills

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.