2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, unfortunately, my fiance received a RFE notice through text on march 2, 2012. Up until now, he haven't received it on the mail yet. How is that possible? I asked my fiance to call CSC on the 2nd week, but the guy he talked to on the phone told him to wait until the 15th day, so, we waited. A few days has passed, he goes home from work to check his mail, still no sign of RFE letter. It's frustrating. He called again Monday, the 19th, they told him they'll mail it again. But where is it? Almost a month delay. Is it normal? I feel so numb. It's not like i am not willing to wait if that is all it takes, but I just want to be with my baby already.

Edited by soon2bmrsanderson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, unfortunately, my fiance received a RFE notice through text on march 2, 2012. Up until now, he haven't received it on the mail yet. How is that possible? I asked my fiance to call CSC on the 2nd week, but the guy he talked to on the phone told him to wait until the 15th day, so, we waited. A few days has passed, he goes home from work to check his mail, still no sign of RFE letter. It's frustrating. He called again Monday, the 19th, they told him they'll mail it again. But where is it? Almost a month delay. Is it normal? I feel so numb. It's not like i am not willing to wait if that is all it takes, but I just want to be with my baby already.

Not unusual. People think that an RFE means only a few days delay. Not true. When a petition is adjudicated and found lacking it gets sent to the RFE department (for lack of better term) You signed up for the email/text notifications which go out immediately but are not official and do not detail anything. It IS what you wanted, right? You signed up for it.

The petition gets forwarded to another "dept" where it is processed, reviewed and the RFE composed specifically for that petition and mailed. This can take up to 30 days. Hopefully your fiance has not moved during this time as they do not forward these notices. When he gets the official form he will respond and the response will go back to the RFE "dept" where it will be reviewed and sent back to adjudication. Sometimes they will get out an approval in a few days after that, sometimes a few weeks. Adjudicators adjudicate, nothing more. This is to speed the process for people that complete the forms and attach the documents correctly and so they do not get bogged down with incomplete forms. You are basically tossed aside to another "line" so the rest of the people can continue moving ahead. RFEs slow the process and require staff to be used to correct problems rather than work on new petitions.

Had the petition been complete the RFE would have been an approval. All the more reason to study and check your documents over for a few days before sending them.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.