Iris29

How long do you recieve a letter after a consular appointment?

8 posts in this topic

My fiancee and I had our Consular appointment in the Dominican Republic on September 27, 2011. We were interviewed ask to wait (for 5 hours). Then we got a longer interview with someone else. After waiting another hour they called us and told us that we would be receiving a letter in two weeks. We were not told if we were denied and no letter ever arrived. I called the embassy several times they had no information.

Finally I received information from USCIS that they had received our case in December of 2011 for further review. It is now March and I've been living here in Dominican Republic with my finacee ever since september.

I wanted to know:

If anyone has been through this.

How long does it take to get a letter?

Is there a chance of a second interview?

What is the best way to go about this. Should we just marry and forget about the Fiancee visa.

I would appreciate any help with this.

I did never got as far as you did, however We have decided to just get married and go that route. The only drawback that I see for you is that Waiting time.. but hey, Good things come to those who wait!!

Keep calling USCIS so they tell you more information about the current further review that your case is going through. If you get married, the wait will be regretful. So first make sure if your current case can still be saved. And yes, a second interview IS possible, IF your case is not completely denied.

Nov 14, 2011 - I-129F packet sent.

Nov 15, 2011 - Packet received and signed by (J. Authur)

Nov 18, 2011 - NOA1 (Notice by text message and Email)

Mar 02, 2012 - NOA2 (Notice by text message and Email) [Took 105 days]

Mar 07, 2012 - NOA2 Hard copy arrived by mail.

Mar 19, 2012 - NVC recieved my case.

Mar 20, 2012 - NVC fowarded my case to US embassy in DR.

April 05, 2012 - DOS gave us our interview date. (May 14th)

Dec 20, 2012 - I-485 packet sent.

Dec 21, 2012 - Packet recieved and signed by (...)

Dec 27, 2012 - NOA1 (Notice by text message and Email)

Jan 6, 2013 - NOA1 (Hard copies by mail)

i dont know but when i went to consular appointment with my now husband with didnt have to wait that long(2008).. we were interview together by the consulate official or whatever the name is.. and she just asked us 4 questions...I got approved right there she said congratulations and gave me the visa, also we sent a lot evidence of our relationship. every copy of phone calls, airplanes tickets, etc.. pictures, emails we sent to each other, conversations with have via MSN all that we printed and he sent it with package. and I have to say since the moment he sent the package until we went to the consulate it was 5 months!

My fiancee and I had our Consular appointment in the Dominican Republic on September 27, 2011. We were interviewed ask to wait (for 5 hours). Then we got a longer interview with someone else. After waiting another hour they called us and told us that we would be receiving a letter in two weeks. We were not told if we were denied and no letter ever arrived. I called the embassy several times they had no information.

Finally I received information from USCIS that they had received our case in December of 2011 for further review. It is now March and I've been living here in Dominican Republic with my finacee ever since september.

I wanted to know:

If anyone has been through this.

How long does it take to get a letter?

Is there a chance of a second interview?

What is the best way to go about this. Should we just marry and forget about the Fiancee visa.

I would appreciate any help with this.

If your case is in UCSI for further review why dont your try contacting the congressman of where your live here in the U.S. to see if he can call and find out your status. FYI I know another member here posted that they were now reviewing December applications.

AOS
2013-04-16 Sent AOS Package VIA EXPRESS MAIL
2013-04-17 Delivered at Chicago IL
2013-04-24 Emailed Received @11:52 pm.
2013-04-24 Check Cashed
2013-04-24 NOA1 Date
2013-04-29 NOA1 Receipt in Mail
2013-05-03 Receipt of BIO Appt. for 05/23/13
2013-06-14 EA/AP Approved Email Receipt and Card Production
2013-06-19 EA Card Production (2nd Email)
2013-06-21 Receive Email that EA was mailed
2013-06-21 Received Email with Tracking number for Post Office for EA
2013-06-24 Received Combo Card
2013-08-02 Received Possible Interview Waiver Letter
2013-11-21 Service Request Requested local office working on May 2,2013
2013-11-26 Received Email GC Production
2013-12-02 Received Email Mailed GC to address on file
2013-12-02 Received Email with Tracking Number & Welcome Letter
2013-12-04 Received GC Yayyyyyyyy
LIFTING CONDITIONS
2015-08-05 Received Letter to File to Remove Conditions
2015-08-28 Mail i751 Package VIA EXPRESS MAIL
2015-08-29 Received at VERMONT SERVICE CENTER
2015-09-02 Check Cashed
2015-09-17 Received Bio Appt. for 09/28/15 Letter dated 09/12/15
2016-06-03 Received Letter that case was Approved dated 05/27/16

2016-06-03 Card Production Text

2016-06-08 Card Mailed Out Text and Email

2016-06-09 Card Delivered Text and Email (Nothing in Mail)

2016-06-09 Called USPS Open investigation on Missing Mail

2016-06-10 Card in Hand YAYYYYY

event.png

If your case is in UCSI for further review why dont your try contacting the congressman of where your live here in the U.S. to see if he can call and find out your status. FYI I know another member here posted that they were now reviewing December applications.

Thanks for your advice. I will keep calling and see if i can contact my congressman. I appreciate all the suggestions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

maybe you have a 'mailing' problem?

Call into USCIS when they are open, inquire about 'returned mail pieces' with a Tier 2 Human, an ISO (not the first person that answers the phone).

Perhaps the letter was sent, and you've never received it?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

maybe you have a 'mailing' problem?

Call into USCIS when they are open, inquire about 'returned mail pieces' with a Tier 2 Human, an ISO (not the first person that answers the phone).

Perhaps the letter was sent, and you've never received it?

Thank you. I will call again and check.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.