16 posts in this topic

Hey guys, things have been quiet for a while, I haven't posted anything in a long time, other than to update my signature status. I've been thinking (maybe a little to much lol), on the USCIS it says it can take up to 4 months for the AOS to process, allowing for delays backlogs, precedence, I shouldn't be too far off right? May perhaps? I've been relaxed about the whole thing for the longest time now, focusing on other things, but when I think about it all, I really don't like being in limbo, pretty uncomfortable feeling for me. Anyway just need a pep I guess. Hows my situation looking as far as time goes to people who've been through it?

K-1 Visa Process

2/3 Petitioned K-1 Visa I-129F I-134 G-325A x2 E-1145 & supporting evidence + $350 to VT

9/3 Petition Approved

29/6 Case now in the hands of local consulate

28/7 Filed DS-230 DS-156 x2 DS-157 x2 DS-156k DS-2001 & supporting evidence to London

22/8 K-1 Interview scheduled! Setup medical appointment

10/9 Medical examination in London + $350

14/9 Medical results sent to US Embassy London

26/9 Attended K-1 Approval Interview in London

7/10 Passport/Visa!!! BOOKED FLIGHT!

Adjustment of Status

11/7 Vaccination records with I-693 paid $50

11/18 Filed AOS I-458 I-765 I-864 I-864A I-693 G-325A E-1145 & supporting evidence + $1070 to Chicago

12/7 Emailed with case numbers and delivery date for I-797C

12/10 NOA1 Physical copy I-797C for EAD & I-485 received

12/15 Biometrics Appointment letter received appointment scheduled

12/24 RFE for AOS: More tax return information

12/27 IRS Transcripts ordered

1/6 Biometrics appointment in ATL

1/17 Received Transcripts

1/19 Transcripts sent to MO

1/27 RFE accepted, case transferred to CSC

1/30 EAD moved into production

2/6 EAD arrives applied for SSN number

2/13 SSN number arrives

5/16 GC moved into production!

5/22 GC arrived Valid from 5-12-12

Removal of Conditions

22/4 overnighted ROC I-751 + $590

If you had filled in your timeline VJ would give you a guess approval date ;)

It should be coming any time. Think of it this way: you have EAD and AP - so you can travel, work, do anything you want. You're already a free man! :)

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

It should be coming any time. Think of it this way: you have EAD and AP - so you can travel, work, do anything you want. You're already a free man! :)

Well, I've already lost out on a job opportunity because apparently something was 'wrong' with my SSN, although I think those people were just messing me around. That didn't do much for my self-esteem considering it was the first job I applied for lol. Also with the job I'm waiting for now, I hear the same concerns from employers when they talk about the pre-employment background check that they 'hope' i'm in the 'same system' as anyone else would be because my EAD and SSN are so new. I feel less free to be honest, frustratingly so. Freedom is actually what I miss things are just going soooo slow right now. Can I still fill in a timeline or is it too late? Didn't know I could.

Edited by JasonLeitch
K-1 Visa Process

2/3 Petitioned K-1 Visa I-129F I-134 G-325A x2 E-1145 & supporting evidence + $350 to VT

9/3 Petition Approved

28/7 Filed DS-230 DS-156 x2 DS-157 x2 DS-156k DS-2001 & supporting evidence to London

Adjustment of Status

11/18 Filed AOS I-458 I-765 I-864 I-864A I-693 G-325A E-1145 & supporting evidence + $1070 to Chicago

2/13 SSN number arrives

Removal of Conditions

You can still do your timeline for an estimate, yes. Your "new" EAD is not an issue, but if an employer wants to run a credit report on you, then your credit report will come back as zero because your SSN is new and you have no credit score. A credit score is not required to get a job (AT ALL!), but some employers want to see that you are not... I don't know, a fraudster or something. I would find a smaller employer to whom you can explain that you are a new immigrant and your SSN is new so they don't deny you for no credit score. This issue will be the same when you get a GC. It will go away once you establish credit here. (BTW, your SSN is just the number the credit reporting companies use to identify you... nothing is wrong with you SSN at all).

If an employer really wanted to hire you, they wouldn't be put off by no score, and should have half a brain to realize why that is, so whoever said something was "wrong" with your SSN was probably just looking for an excuse to exclude you from the pool. I'd stay away from mega-faceless companies who have hiring "protocol" and aren't able to break from their routines. Don't let one bad experience make you feel sad. It only takes one job offer to get a job!

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

You can still do your timeline for an estimate, yes. Your "new" EAD is not an issue, but if an employer wants to run a credit report on you, then your credit report will come back as zero because your SSN is new and you have no credit score. A credit score is not required to get a job (AT ALL!), but some employers want to see that you are not... I don't know, a fraudster or something. I would find a smaller employer to whom you can explain that you are a new immigrant and your SSN is new so they don't deny you for no credit score. This issue will be the same when you get a GC. It will go away once you establish credit here. (BTW, your SSN is just the number the credit reporting companies use to identify you... nothing is wrong with you SSN at all).

If an employer really wanted to hire you, they wouldn't be put off by no score, and should have half a brain to realize why that is, so whoever said something was "wrong" with your SSN was probably just looking for an excuse to exclude you from the pool. I'd stay away from mega-faceless companies who have hiring "protocol" and aren't able to break from their routines. Don't let one bad experience make you feel sad. It only takes one job offer to get a job!

Thank you for your kind words. =]

K-1 Visa Process

9/3 Petition Approved

Adjustment of Status

2/13 SSN number arrives

Removal of Conditions

VJ doesn't provide an estimated date for AOS - only for EAD and AP. I think maybe because of the highly variable wait times

K-1 AOS is currently known for around 6 months, keep your belief up and be blessed.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

VJ doesn't provide an estimated date for AOS - only for EAD and AP. I think maybe because of the highly variable wait times

Huh... well how about he join a December filers thread instead? http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/343245-december-2011-aos-filers/

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Huh... well how about he join a December filers thread instead? http://www.visajourn...011-aos-filers/

I'm not entirely sure what a filter thread is but it seems that people who have filed around the same time as I did, maybe space by only a few days, already have their GC's in hand. Which bring me back to the topic of this thread =[.

K-1 Visa Process

9/3 Petition Approved

Adjustment of Status

2/13 SSN number arrives

Removal of Conditions

It's a December "filers" thread - for people who filed in December. You filed in December... you can compare timelines with lots of people who filed around the same time as you. Really... you have everything you need to live normally now :)

AOS for my husband

ROC:

I'm not entirely sure what a filter thread is but it seems that people who have filed around the same time as I did, maybe space by only a few days, already have their GC's in hand. Which bring me back to the topic of this thread =[.

There may be lots of people on there with their green card already, but there are many more that are still waiting, just like in the October and November filers' thread, and some even in the August and September threads! (I am one of the October filers and still waiting). You are by no means alone waiting. It's a good idea to join the thread and commiserate together.

We're in the same boat. My husband came to the US on the K-1 visa back in August of 2011. We filed for AOS in December (late) because I didn't have the money to file. Now we're at day 89 waiting for the EAD and still no green card either. It has been rough. He is a man used to working and paying for everything and it has been a major change for him. He gets frustrated and says things like he threw away his life which of course doesn't make me feel very good. Sometimes I wonder if the people doing the paperwork think about how their work really does affect people's lives. This process is not for the faint of heart and I commend you for making that decision out of love. I think there is this idea (we've encountered it) that since you are coming here you should be grateful for receiving what you do from the US govt. but really most people saying that don't know what this is like. When I did paperwork to stay in Ecuador when I lived there, I had to do some similar things, but when something didn't go right, you could complain (read: rip them a new one) and they would push things through. Here you wouldn't dream of doing that and although it may not be the right way to do it, sometimes I wish we could because at least you release the stress :) So keep strong like you have and soon things should work out. Applying for jobs is a numbers game... keep firing out the resume and applications. You'll get one. You're running a marathon here and you're at mile 25. Don't let the last mile or so kick your a$$! And don't let anyone make you feel like you aren't a champion for doing it all. Your wife thanks you and the people of VJ are behind you. We know, we've been there too!

AOS can be different for everybody. I applied mid-December and got my Green card last week without an interview.

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Uscis site days 5 months. at Phoenix the officer at an info-pass appointment stated that time does not start until they get the file ( i think BS), anyway ours was 10 months and very anticlimactic at the end. Their are so many variables, the big hang up and mystery is still the FBI name check. Hang in there.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We filed in Oct and our app was transfered twice - got the interview in Feb..followed by the Green Card.

Hang in there!

Met on line: 7-4-2007

Sent petition to Vermont Service Center on 8-11-2010

NOA1 VSC 8-27-10

NOA2 VSC 2-7-11

Interview 5-12-11

Approved 5-12-11

POE: LA/6-15-2011

Married 8-26-2011

AOS: Submitted 10-7-2011

AOS Interview: 2-23-2012 Approved

Green Card Recvd: 2-28-2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.