Danno

Zimmerrman / Martin is the latino guy about 2 be lynched?

202 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

:no: He got out of his car to confront this person who GZ claims concerned him was criminal! But the kid was much bigger than this assailant so either GZ had extraordinarily poor judgment for his own safety or he actually was confident TM wasn't really a threat but rather just a black kid who didn't know his place!

Perhaps it was bravado on George Zimmerman's part, knowing that if things went South he had a gun.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

I interact with silly teenagers all the time. They're all show. I see big, tough looking, over six feet tall teenage boys get scared and anxious over getting shots or getting their blood drawn. They can get scared really easily, over little tiny 1" needles, or creeps following them around in cars when they're walking alone after dark. Did George Zimmerman have access to Martin's FB page before he shot him, to see this gangly, skinny kid trying to look tough? I don't think so. The kid told his girlfriend he was scared. He had every reason to be.

It's not about you being scared while you are safe in your home, it goes to the question of the kids attitude and the way he carried himself.

The photo is not the final say in that but it is one thing to consider.

Remember was on his face book page not some random silly pose, this is the image he wants to present to the world about himself.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Other Timeline

Race shouldn't matter in establishing who was right and who did wrong, yet reading these posts it seems like this is what it's all about.

Why is that?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Race shouldn't matter in establishing who was right and who did wrong, yet reading these posts it seems like this is what it's all about.

Why is that?

Bro.... wake up and small the coffee.

The days of believing we were ever going to live in a time when "Race don't matter" passed a long time ago.

For me it was the O.J. trial.

something like 80% of Blacks actually thought he was innocent.

Yeah I know there are some "hangers on" ... stragglers if you will, believing that "unity" is just around the corner.

Race always has mattered and always will... just deal with this fact of life as you do gravity.

Accept people for what they are, this is what it means to embrace diversity.

* My apologies to the DWL's (Disingenuous White Liberals).

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Well, he looks white based on his picture. If someone were to look closer, he would look white of some hispanic ethnicity based on some of his facial features. I am referring to why it is a news media uproar, you have a white looking man killing a young black kid, with a white police chief not pressing charges. That pretty much will get people up in arms.

As soon as he left his car, started stalking a kid in the middle of the night, he was picking a fight. Maybe you like looking for an altercation better. When he starts chasing the kid after 911 tells him not to do that, he is picking a fight, or looking for an altercation.

The first time I saw Zimmerman photo I got really confused why people was saying that he was white when he is clearly not white, he has all the fixtures of an Hispanic man. The thing here is his last name but as far I'm concerned he is just like many jose, juan, carlos, Garcia, Gonzales, Rodriguez that I have seen my whole life since I was born and raised in South America.

Don't get it why people keep referring to this guy as a white male when he has just Hispanic fixtures, not only his skin color but all his look is nothing but Latin, and well his mom is Peruvian which makes him Peruvian too. Being fair I would say that he is a Hispanic/Caucasian male because of his parents. It's the same if my husband and I have a son would be because my husband is Caucasian and I'm Hispanic with all Hispanic fixtures.

It bothers me deeply that this tragedy has become viral and it's all about race but not about what is really important. It's not going to end well for anyone while Sharpton and Jackson have yet another chance of spreading their hate everywhere but hey! they don't say anything about the non-stop killing every week here in Chicago. We know why of course.

Edited by mari&Ryan

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.

Timeline

The first time I saw Zimmerman photo I got really confused why people was saying that he was white when he is clearly not white, he has all the fixtures of an Hispanic man. The thing here is his last name but as far I'm concerned he is just like many jose, juan, carlos, Garcia, Gonzales, Rodriguez that I have seen my whole life since I was born and raised in South America.

Don't get it why people keep referring to this guy as a white male when he has just Hispanic fixtures, not only his skin color but all his look is nothing but Latin, and well his mom is Peruvian which makes him Peruvian too. Being fair I would say that he is a Hispanic/Caucasian male because of his parents. It's the same if my husband and I have a son would be because my husband is Caucasian and I'm Hispanic with all Hispanic fixtures.

It bothers me deeply that this tragedy has become viral and it's all about race but not about what is really important. It's not going to end well for anyone while Sharpton and Jackson have yet another chance of spreading their hate everywhere but hey! they don't say anything about the non-stop killing every week here in Chicago. We know why of course.

Bravo!star_smile.gif

kicking.gifkicking.gif

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

- they had a spike in burglaries, he fit the description of the suspects.

One of the ways you carry out your job of -Neighborhood watch is by watching.

Why assume to watch ....you must be stationary?

He was watching where the kid was going.

If he was only watching, and he was clearly told not to follow, then he wouldn't have been clocked. The protesters are right. I hope they bury Zimmerman under the jail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If a 17 year old is on top of me punching me in the face, I am going to reasonably assume I am in imminent danger of serious physical harm and kill him with 7 shots from a .45

Simple as that. Any reasonable person would think they were in such danger if faced with the same situation.

If there is a witness to this (I had not heard of that but it appears there is) that would explain why there is no arrest and Zimmerman will rightfully walk.

If this is being used for political agendas it will be exposed and those people will look foolish and it will HARM their cause.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Perhaps it was bravado on George Zimmerman's part, knowing that if things went South he had a gun.

Um, thats why I carry a gun. If things go south, I have a gun. It is not for a paperweight. It is for killing people, specifically designed to be very efficent for that purpose under all conditions. I paid extra for that. I don't look for trouble, far from it.

I don't faint from 1" needles and I do not have a facebook page giving people the finger.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Yeah, and? Trayvon Martin is supposed to be the first and only kid to pose in goofy, trying to look badass pics on Facebook that would've probably embarrassed him when he was 25 had his life not been senselessly cut short? Kids are...kids. Sorry, shirtless young black men in silly poses from Facebook pics don't scare me.

So I wonder why his supporters do not use the recent photos? Just sayin'

All of this is silly. If Zimmerman confronted him that was bad judgement. If Martin attacked him for it, when he supposedly feared the man, that was even worse judgement. And one which can justify deadly force being used to stop the attack. Zimmerman from this description did nothing to justfy even "force" being used let alone deadly force. Martin should have stood there and waited for police. He took things in his own hands and it turned out badly for him. The knowledge of this is why there is less crime in Florida now and less young black men being killed than before Zimmerman could carry a gun.

Gary And Alla

I have to wonder how pussified a guy has got to be to pull out a lethal weapon and use it on a kid that's pulled some punches on him when the guy outweighs the kid by 100 lbs. The woman who taught me how to shoot is a 5'4" 130 lb cop who routinely takes down guys a whole lot bigger and heavier than her all the time with no lethal weapons used. I guess she's even more badass than I thought.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If he was only watching, and he was clearly told not to follow, then he wouldn't have been clocked. The protesters are right. I hope they bury Zimmerman under the jail.

Why is the assumption that The hooded teen can roam anywhere he wants but The guy who lives in the community can't?

Why isn't Zimmerman free to even ask the teen questions if he wants? (he need not answer or even pause to talk).

A Police dispatcher has no authority to demand anything. And in fact never did.

"You don't need to do that" is not a command not to anyway.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

That is harsh considering if he hadn't defended himself he would probably be dead. This isn't a feeling on your part that white males must stay passive while getting pounded to death is it? White males with handguns should be forbidden is it? Is the agenda more along the lines of ban total use of guns for all?

From what I have seen of this case is that we were lead to believe one thing but the facts come along and tell a different story all together. Instead at getting out raged at the media for doing this at us we still castigate a man for pretty much defending himself.

You and I have talked about in the past about the unfair treatment of the Palestinians in the media. I agreed with you then. This is turning into the same media moral adjustment time. I am mad that the media did this to us.

I have to wonder how pussified a guy has got to be to pull out a lethal weapon and use it on a kid that's pulled some punches on him when the guy outweighs the kid by 100 lbs. The woman who taught me how to shoot is a 5'4" 130 lb cop who routinely takes down guys a whole lot bigger and heavier than her all the time with no lethal weapons used. I guess she's even more badass than I thought.

Well I definitely won't be pizzing in her Wheaties.blink.gif

Timeline

What you need to understand is that such things are addressed in laws and what you wonder about, however contradictory your wonderings may be, does not matter.

If Zimmerman can show the jury of his peers that he was reasonable in assuming he was in danger of severe physical injury he will be no-billed, I sincerely doubt you are going to be called to give your opinion of pussification to the grand jury.

Your statement that a 130 lb woman can routinely harm men much larger than herself with her bare hands is actually exactly the defense Zimmerman will use and may be of much more interst to the jury. Perhaps you will send a statement to Zimmerman to use in his defense? Thanks. It seems in contrast to the first part of your statement regarding pussification. Why am I not surprised?

The grand jury hearing is April 10. If he is indicted he will be tried. If he is no-billed, he walks. If Zimmerman, as a private citizen,is no billed for criminal activity it will be extremely difficult to prove he violated any civil rights. Unlike the police in Los Angelas in the Ridney King case, who are public servants, a private citizen is not charged with the protection of other people's civil rights. While he cannot willfully violate or deprive Martin of civil rights, justified self defense is really difficult prove as a civil rights violation of the criminal that was attacking you.

Gary And Alla