NinoniAndBoosBoos

White Cheddar Mac & Cheese

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

silly topic I know, but I really miss White Cheddar Kraft Dinner, and still waiting on my AP/AOS/EA so can't travel over and get any....one of many things I miss...:crying:

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

You can get white cheddar kraft mac and cheese at my grocery store. is this what you are looking for? http://www.amazon.com/Kraft-Macaroni-Cheese-Cheddar-7-3-Ounce/dp/B000W7PURO

Is what you want different?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

uhh! i think your problem is solved! O=D yay!

Edited by Paula&Anthony

Anthony & Paula

I-129F sent: 01/17/2012
NOA1: 01/23/2012
NOA2: 05/30/2012
Interview: 08/07/2012 - APROVED
POE: 09/05/2012
----
Wedding: 10/24/2012
AOS/EAD/AP sent: 11/14/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012
EAD/AP received: 01/28/2013

GC Approved: 08/30/2013

GC Received: 09/11/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Any type of KD here is just not the same - you could try the Whole Foods brand or Trader Joes or Annie's organic white cheddar...

I prefer President's Choice White Cheddar and Mac so I bring plenty of boxes back when I visit my parents.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

The mac n cheese in Canada is NOT the same as the USA. The cheese is different the noodles are different! its actually better tasting when you buy it from Canada than in the USA i find too.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

How about this? http://www.canadianfavourites.com/Kraft_Dinner_White_Cheddar_225g_p/kraft0101.htm

They ship to the US (though it's $16 so you'd have to buy a lot to make it worth it).

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The Kraft Mac N Cheese here tastes horrible :( Besides ordering it online you could try making it at home. Costco has a nice selection of cheese- we just picked up a big hunk of delicious white cheddar the other day for only 8 bucks.

Has anyone ever found Pilsbury Pizza Pops here? The only thing I've found is some knock off ones (can't remember the brand name, it startes with a T) and it was positively horrendous D: My husband had no idea what I was talking about when I said I wanted pizza pops and thought I was nuts because I was so dejected when I couldn't find them, lol. I've looked EVERYWHERE.

And now for a side by side comparison:

kraftdinner.jpg

Canadians use forks, and Americans use spoons?

Edited by pocheros

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

hmm, yeah, the US mac & cheese tastes different but I wouldn't go as far as it tasting horrible..lol

and yeah Pizza Pops are not available down here.. the closest thing they have are Hot Pockets..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The Kraft Mac N Cheese here tastes horrible :( Besides ordering it online you could try making it at home. Costco has a nice selection of cheese- we just picked up a big hunk of delicious white cheddar the other day for only 8 bucks.

Has anyone ever found Pilsbury Pizza Pops here? The only thing I've found is some knock off ones (can't remember the brand name, it startes with a T) and it was positively horrendous D: My husband had no idea what I was talking about when I said I wanted pizza pops and thought I was nuts because I was so dejected when I couldn't find them, lol. I've looked EVERYWHERE.

kraftdinner.jpg

I always use a fork :P

Edited to add...

The other day I found a Canadian mac-n-cheese I brought back with me last time I was there!! Score!

Edited by CDAgirlMI

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Timeline

I have found Annie's White Cheddar macaroni and cheese to be the best of the alternatives - not the same but still pretty decent tasting. Far better than the US Kraft version. That being said, I also use the Canadian instructions for KD than the Americans which involves using butter as well as a little bit of milk, and I've often added more cheese as well. You have to be really careful about the rather generic American cheeses too. You need to find a good quality of cheddar from an identified cheese factory rather than the stuff that passes for cheddar in the grocery stores. Their idea of an aged cheddar is 6 months! That barely qualifies as a new cheddar. Old Cheddar should be measured in years, not in months :yes: !

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

The US Mac and cheese was weird to me at first, but I've got used to it. I actually forget how the canadian version tastes, but in the back of my mind, I know its better!

On the other hand, I can't get used to American ketchup. I get the "simple Heinz" and its pretty close... much better than the regular kind.

I miss pizza pops too! And vachon flakies....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have found Annie's White Cheddar macaroni and cheese to be the best of the alternatives - not the same but still pretty decent tasting. Far better than the US Kraft version. That being said, I also use the Canadian instructions for KD than the Americans which involves using butter as well as a little bit of milk, and I've often added more cheese as well. You have to be really careful about the rather generic American cheeses too. You need to find a good quality of cheddar from an identified cheese factory rather than the stuff that passes for cheddar in the grocery stores. Their idea of an aged cheddar is 6 months! That barely qualifies as a new cheddar. Old Cheddar should be measured in years, not in months :yes: !

My husband was opened up to a whole new world when he visited me and bought cheese in Canada! To this day he complains that he can't find any good brie... and it's true, we can't :( We used to buy Ziggy's from No Frills and even though it was cheap it was delicious!

Gosh, I miss No Frills. My husband is a grocery store snob but when discussing the possibility of moving back to Canada he said he would shop at No Frills because he loves it :lol: The delis at the larger No Frills certainly rival those of the larger, more expensive grocery chains here.

Edited by pocheros

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

kraftdinner.jpg

oh my goodness, TOO HILARIOUS!!! forks and spoons,,,wow amazing...

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.