ghanalover

Content on fbook is currently unavailable

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The government doesn't have to hack, they have a law that allows them to gather information. They are charged with looking to see that the borders are safe from terrorist. And family based visas are a pretty easy path to the US. It is what causes name checks and extended AP . When my husband came through Nigerians usually didn't get AP, but undie bomber hit next month and now it is hard to not get AP. They can look into any inter country comminication they feel helps them protect the US. They don't need to hack, they just use the law to get admin access and check.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

Though my fiance now husband was approved his visa in Morocco which is notorius for men seeking visas to the USA, I will tell anyone here that YES they can access your online accounts, follow your deleted accounts, and anything else they want from you as they do not need your permission for any password. Come on this is Homeland Security, do you really think they are obligated to ask you for anything when it comes to giving you a visa LOL.

At my husbands interview, the CO asked a few simple questions and then he said "so tell me about this girl you met online back years ago" They had his chats, they had all the information on her, they had it all right in front of him, even all the old accounts and chats he deleted.

So if you think you can just go online, talk and flirt with strangers while married or trying to find your way here through a K1, well good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I work for a big hospital. It has a VERY secure system.

In my work email account a BUNCH of deleted emails showed up and then they disappeared. This was on a weekend.

My account was acting strange. Emails delayed like they were rerouted for 3 days!

Also all 3 of my home accounts also were delayed. I sent myself emails to prove this. Also, yahoo messenger was open at times....

Then 6 days later I got NOA2

After the interview yahoo and one of my home emails was delayed again. Then days later AP was over

I believe they can look at all they want

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I work for a big hospital. It has a VERY secure system.

In my work email account a BUNCH of deleted emails showed up and then they disappeared. This was on a weekend.

My account was acting strange. Emails delayed like they were rerouted for 3 days!

Also all 3 of my home accounts also were delayed. I sent myself emails to prove this. Also, yahoo messenger was open at times....

Then 6 days later I got NOA2

After the interview yahoo and one of my home emails was delayed again. Then days later AP was over

I believe they can look at all they want

IF the government accesses your information, you will never know. There won't be weird files or emails coming or going. The whole point of being covert is to be covert, not sloppy. What you probably experienced at work was weekend backups and upgrades going on by your company's IT department.

Odd stuff happens all the time with technology, but it doesn't mean that it's the government stepping in and checking us out. I've had phone calls with my fiance that ended up going in a loop, which was weird because I thought for a minute that we were still conversing when I suddenly got a text message from her letting me know she was off the phone. It didn't mean that the government was monitoring the call. It meant that the overseas connection was bad.

Of course, if folks want to believe that the government will track them down and monitor their actions, then there is little that can be hidden. The governemnt can track your phone calls, GPS information in your car, emails, instant messaging, workplace, everywhere. They can watch you from space. But just because the government has that ability doesn't meant that they are exercising that capability.

But who knows... this could theoretically happen too...

jbco2.jpg

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

There is a lot of rumor, speculation and untruths going on in this thread.We are dealing with the interview stage and therefore the consulate right? What exactly will the consulate find on your facebook page that will contradict the ton of paperwork that you have presented? Your marital status? A lot of people have not updated their facebook pages in a long time and not everyone goes on facebook every single day.I know people are trying to think of everything that could come up during the interview but worrying about whether or not the consulate will be going througfh your facebook page to trip you up is a bit much.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Tell that to the ppl that had that happen to them

The only time it will be an issue is if there are things to contradict your relationship to the petitioner/beneficiary

We did have them open our fb page in our interview so it does happen at interview stage but it wasn't a big deal or a worry since there wasn't anything to contradict our relationship and actually it validated everything we said

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

There is a lot of rumor, speculation and untruths going on in this thread.We are dealing with the interview stage and therefore the consulate right? What exactly will the consulate find on your facebook page that will contradict the ton of paperwork that you have presented? Your marital status? A lot of people have not updated their facebook pages in a long time and not everyone goes on facebook every single day.I know people are trying to think of everything that could come up during the interview but worrying about whether or not the consulate will be going througfh your facebook page to trip you up is a bit much.

Why is there rumors, speculation and untruths on this thread? As USC, do you really think we have nothing better to do here but just make up untruthful things that go on behind closed doors at the Embassy. I was one of those couples that went through the Moroccan Consulate and I can sit here and tell you it was no surprise what they had already sitting in front of them when they starting interviewing my fiance at the time. Chat logs from 2006, girls he chatted with and there names and where they lived and there cell phone numbers should they needed to call them right in front of him. This is no joke and soon you shall find out the hard way to. Good luck whistling.gif

The only time it will be an issue is if there are things to contradict your relationship to the petitioner/beneficiary

We did have them open our fb page in our interview so it does happen at interview stage but it wasn't a big deal or a worry since there wasn't anything to contradict our relationship and actually it validated everything we said

Oh Eabbas LOL, I guess some people really think we just sit around making up stories of our own lives huh? We didn't have facebook but only yahoo and yearbook and they looked at it all as well. Guess some never learn do they LOL.

Timeline

Oh Eabbas LOL, I guess some people really think we just sit around making up stories of our own lives huh? We didn't have facebook but only yahoo and yearbook and they looked at it all as well. Guess some never learn do they LOL.

LOL all i can say is unless it happens to you then its always half truth and innuendo... but the fact is it happened to us both and there are many more it has happened to so there is no half truth here... it can and does happen its just up to the couple happening to as to whether or not it will be a positive thing or negative

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Your language isn't very clear, so let me see if I understand this correctly. At your interview, YOU requested that the CO open your public page in order to confirm your relationship but that you did not give them your password and they did not access your internal account. Is that correct?

Or are you saying that they hacked into your account, bypassing your password security and had it up and visible when you sat down for the interview.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

Your language isn't very clear, so let me see if I understand this correctly. At your interview, YOU requested that the CO open your public page in order to confirm your relationship but that you did not give them your password and they did not access your internal account. Is that correct?

Or are you saying that they hacked into your account, bypassing your password security and had it up and visible when you sat down for the interview.

Im saying THEY asked us to open it so we did.. at foreverwaiting's embassy they (the embassy) already had it up and ready to show before the interview began!

Two different ways of the embassy to look at our personal information but it still happened!

Edited by EAbbas

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Im saying THEY asked us to open it so we did.. at foreverwaiting's embassy they (the embassy) already had it up and ready to show before the interview began!

Two different ways of the embassy to look at our personal information but it still happened!

Okay, so you voluntarily opened your FB account.

That's not the same as the government hacking into your account. The difference is akin to inviting a cop into your house or having one break the door down. They are very different things.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The government is more invasive in monitoring people that have relationships with non US persons than most Americans would like to believe.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Okay, so you voluntarily opened your FB account.

That's not the same as the government hacking into your account. The difference is akin to inviting a cop into your house or having one break the door down. They are very different things.

Do not worry, no one will look at your emails and FB. You can keep having all your old friends. The Phillipines is Really very easy to come to USA. No worries for you and your accounts.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Do not worry, no one will look at your emails and FB. You can keep having all your old friends. The Phillipines is Really very easy to come to USA. No worries for you and your accounts.

Thanks, but I'm not worried at all. (And I don't use FB myself.)

I'm simply trying to point out to folks that unless there is a bonafide national security reason to deeply investigate someone, that the government isn't going to allocate resources to hack into private accounts simply because they've filed an immigration visa application.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.