one...two...tree

Fox News Readers: Trayvon Martin A ‘Little Thug Ghetto Monkey.’

346 posts in this topic

Timeline

Good enough reason to be more restrictive on who gets to carry a concealed weapon. If you want to go through several weeks of law enforcement training, with annual refresher courses, and pass an annual psychological and physiological examination, and annually prove that you have a genuine need to carry a concealed weapon for some reason other that to put a little steel in your spine, then maybe, if the local sheriff or chief of police says it's okay to do so in his jurisdiction only.

You and I can just disagree on me giving up my Constitutional rights as a good thing .star_smile.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes but just recently it was over the media that this young man was stalked and slaughtered. Now actual facts are coming out slowly showing that he was shot by an armed man to defend himself. He was on his back on the ground and being beaten by this young man. Finally the older man pulled his handgun out and with one shot killed his attacker. The young man was not even being stalked at all. I now think before we judge the man guilty of murder we should have the actual facts. The police released him for a reason and are referring the case to the district Attorney because they see no crime. We are allowed to defend ourselves.

Sure he can and that crazy cracker is allowed to defend himself.

Only two folks know for sure what really happened -- only one is talking. I do not paint George Zimmerman as guilty, I/we don't know what transpired. Granted Zimmerman was withing his rights to follow the kid -- but to get out of his vehicle and/or challenge the kid (that had committed no crime), considering the cops had been notified was going above and beyond.

Follow the kid -- ok, keep an eye on the kid -- ok, but to get out of the car and challenge the kid -- that is where my support for George Zimmerman stops. Again -- had Zimmerman stayed in his residence as recommended by the dispatcher, there would be no story.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You and I can just disagree on me giving up my Constitutional rights as a good thing .star_smile.gif

Most people would probably make responsible gun owners. The problem is the few who will not be able to handle that power responsibly. That does pose a danger to everyone else. Will it eventually turn into something resembling the 'wild west' of 100+ years ago? We seem destined to find out the answer to that question. I hope those of you who argue passionately that it is a good thing for more citizens to be 'packing' are right but I worry that what happened here will become more commonplace (and less newsworthy) in the future!

Timeline

Only two folks know for sure what really happened -- only one is talking. I do not paint George Zimmerman as guilty, I/we don't know what transpired. Granted Zimmerman was withing his rights to follow the kid -- but to get out of his vehicle and/or challenge the kid (that had committed no crime), considering the cops had been notified was going above and beyond.

Follow the kid -- ok, keep an eye on the kid -- ok, but to get out of the car and challenge the kid -- that is where my support for George Zimmerman stops. Again -- had Zimmerman stayed in his residence as recommended by the dispatcher, there would be no story.

Turned out there was a witness. She finally released a statement that substantiated that Zimmerman was defending himself. I do agree that he should have stayed in the car. I also agree that the kid should have stayed cool. They both escalated what could have been avoided. The kid was visiting from a big city and in a new environment and should have known by his age that he needed to be cautious.

Timeline

Read updated reports today that gave facts. Up to a few days ago it was still a deranged white honkie dude that belonged to the KKK hunted a unarmed young black man and shot him down like a dog in the streets. The police had given him a pat on the back for a job well done and sent him home. I was outraged myself.

Then today in a story that the father sent about his son being half Hispanic and a non Racist came out some facts came out that showed different side of the event. Made me think we should get the actual facts and details first before we string him up. That is just me though. Everyone else can convict him before knowing.

I agree, we should withhold a guilty verdict. However, Zimmerman did display some questionable judgement. You know, Zimmerman's ####### is already toast -- somehow, someway the pressure to string-him-up might result in a trail. Even if found not guilty, just to have to deal with that is enough to shiit your pants. I worry about shootings like this causing a redo in the push for unrestricted CCWs & stand your ground laws.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Timeline

Most people would probably make responsible gun owners. The problem is the few who will not be able to handle that power responsibly. That does pose a danger to everyone else. Will it eventually turn into something resembling the 'wild west' of 100+ years ago? We seem destined to find out the answer to that question. I hope those of you who argue passionately that it is a good thing for more citizens to be 'packing' are right but I worry that what happened here will become more commonplace (and less newsworthy) in the future!

Well I will not agree that we must confiscate all the weapons because of the possible few bad apples may get them. As the facts are coming out it shows that Zimmerman never drew his handgun except after he had been assaulted. That is being responsible. He was a neighborhood watch and should have watched only. Disband all Neighborhood watch by law.

Timeline

Turned out there was a witness. She finally released a statement that substantiated that Zimmerman was defending himself. I do agree that he should have stayed in the car. I also agree that the kid should have stayed cool. They both escalated what could have been avoided. The kid was visiting from a big city and in a new environment and should have known by his age that he needed to be cautious.

Yeah sure but, I know I would get a little pissed off if a yahoo, having no idea who he is approaches me asking questions -- minus a uniform and a legitimate law enforcement reason.

Timeline

I agree, we should withhold a guilty verdict. However, Zimmerman did display some questionable judgement. You know, Zimmerman's ####### is already toast -- somehow, someway the pressure to string-him-up might result in a trail. Even if found not guilty, just to have to deal with that is enough to shiit your pants. I worry about shootings like this causing a redo in the push for unrestricted CCWs & stand your ground laws.

SCOTUS is finally showing some ballz and reaffirming our Constitutional rights in this matter. Daily many responsible Conceal carry holders deter crime and protect themselves but these are never heard about.

Timeline

Yeah sure but, I know I would get a little pissed off if a yahoo, having no idea who he is approaches me asking questions -- minus a uniform and a legitimate law enforcement reason.

It would me too. I would probably be calling 911 and not assaulting the yahoo though. The kid made fateful mistake.

Timeline

Unfortunately, you might be right -- I fear a few will ruin the gains in the CCW push and cause legislatures to roll back those gains.

Timeline

It would me too. I would probably be calling 911 and not assaulting the yahoo though. The kid made fateful mistake.

My first response would be "who the ** are you and why are you asking?"

Timeline

Unless we know what it was that GZ said to this kid and what physical moves he made on him we will not know the true extent of GZ's guilt! It still appears that the primary mistake the kid made was 'walking while black'!

Timeline

My first response would be "who the ** are you and why are you asking?"

And that is what I do. I can where I live get away with that attitude. I am known and I am a business owner and property owner. I have a concealed carry license. It is known I do. I go to another area or even far away and I am an unknown entity. Where I can and have told a responding officer off I would never do that somewhere else. We must all understand the environment we are in and the one we are going into and act accordingly. Most military people would understand this.

Timeline

Did GZ step in front of this kid and block his path? Did he utter any challenges or use 'provocative' language? Did the kid try to shove past? Did GZ shove back? Was it only then that the kid shoved a bit harder and put GZ on his back whereupon GZ decided to execute him?

The very nature of the extreme racist comments made by so many leads one to surmise that possibly GZ came at this with a similar mentality. We don't know that though. We do know that GZ started the whole thing, that the kid was unarmed, and that GZ shot him dead!

SCOTUS is finally showing some ballz and reaffirming our Constitutional rights in this matter. Daily many responsible Conceal carry holders deter crime and protect themselves but these are never heard about.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."