• I don't know -- my spouse cleans it up before I see it
    • By the food bowl
    • On the carpet
    • On the furniture
    • In the closet
    • In our shoes
    • On ceramic, tile, or wooden floor
    • On the computer keyboard or electronic equipment
    • Other places not listed above (specify below, si man)
  2. 2. How Is the Cat Barf Physically Dealt With?

• It's my cat, so I willingly clean up the barf
    • Whoever sees the barf first cleans it up
    • If it's by the food bowl, I wait until the cat re-eats the barf
    • The barf is cleaned up immediately
    • It's better to let the barf harden awhile, for easier cleanup
    • I pretend to ignore the barf until someone else cleans it up
    • I let my children play in the barf before I clean it up
    • My spouse goes bananas, so I have no choice but to clean up the barf
    • I let the dog or other pet eat the barf
    • I wait until the barf is VERY hard, then vacuum it up
    • Not applicable -- the cat barfs outside
    • Other way, not listed above (specify below, si man)
  3. 3. Attitudes Toward the Cat Barf

• My foreign spouse doesn't like/understand the cat's barfing
    • My American spouse doesn't like/understand the cat's barfing
    • We're both pretty accepting/understanding of cat barf
    • I'm the American spouse (male)
    • I'm the American spouse (female)
    • I'm the foreign spouse (male)
    • I'm the foreign spouse (female)
    • The cat is a "member of our family"
    • The cat is "just an animal"
    • This is a REALLY cool poll, si man
    • I have answered the "Wedgies" poll as a prerequisite to this poll
    • I haven't yet answered the "Wedgies" poll, but I will, si man!

152 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
A cat communicator?
I was wondering about this myself. Barf it up... er, spit it oot... er, out, man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A cat communicator is someone with a special 'gift' to talk with animals, or to sense their 'take' or awareness on a given situation. I have a friend who is an animal communicator and I have asked her to talk to my cats a number of times, and in one case to help a friend find her lost dog (she did).

I know that this is probably a 'woohoo' subject for some, however, from my personal experience, I have been able to get insight into behaviour problems or even medical concerns from her. She is only able to tell me what the animals themselves know, so if the cat is sick, she can tell me he hurts in his tummy area or his feet feel hot or he loses himself in instinctive behaviour, but she can't tell me that he has xxx illness or anything like that. I will use the information I get from her as an additional resource when I go to the vet about something.. For example, a year ago when my senior cat Tristan started to barf after eating fairly regularly and didn't seem able to keep food down, I asked her to ask him if there was a problem he knew about. All Tristan could tell her is that he had a lump in his throat and sometimes he couldn't swallow the food properly. When I took him to the vet for his constant throwing up after eating and she x-rayed him, she discovered a tumour that was pushing against the esophagus. It was a rapidly growing cancer that literally was closing off the esophagus as it grew. We modified his diet to a more soft and then liquid one until he and I both knew it was time to say goodbye.

One more story - when Lion and Bear were growing up and were about 5 or 6 months old, out of curiousity I asked the animal communicator to see if they wanted to have 'adult' cat names instead of Lion and Bear. Bear responded that he didn't really care but if he was going to have a new name he wanted something that mentioned his plumey tail - like "Mr. Plumeytail'. We both laughed at that and I said the poor cat was going to be very disappointed, because at that time he was long and skinny and short haired and his tail was thin and short-haired too. Well, within a month he started to grow longer and longer fur and by the time he was a year old, not only did he have the longest fur I have ever known on a cat, but his tail was indeed this beautiful long plume that he carried with the tip rolled over at the top so it looked exactly like a plume! As Lion and Bear were orphaned around 10 days old I had no idea what their parents were like so this was a total surprise. He definitely fits the name of Mr. Plumeytail now - but he still gets called Bear. :D

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Off topic (sorry!), but how did the communicator help find the dog when presumably she could not see/ meet the dog?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Off topic (sorry!), but how did the communicator help find the dog when presumably she could not see/ meet the dog?

The owner described the events that had led to the dog getting lost (a car backfiring in a strange city during a walk and the dog jumped backward and slipped out of the leash and ran off).. The owners sent a photograph of the dog to the communicator by email and she was able to 'establish' contact with the dog. The dog was able to show some of the scenery he had run by, and she could sort of 'see' with him what was around him. She then pulled up a map of the city involved and based on the dogs images and the sense of direction he ran (sun behind him, sun over shoulder, etc.) she narrowed down the area to where the dog was within 2 blocks. It was a large park along a river with a bridge that the dog had crossed, bordered by homes. This all happened Decemer 26th and the dog stopped moving December 27th in this area she described. He 'said' he found food in a yard that had cats but there was no water (it was below freezing and a blizzard was expected in 2 days). My friends blanketed the neighbourhood with posters and went door to door asking if people had seen the dog on December 28th. The next morning someone called who had seen the poster and had seen the dog in the park. My friends went to that side of the park and started calling through the park and knocking on doors. They had stopped for lunch at a diner near by when they got a phone call. One of the houses bordering the park that they had knocked on earlier (half a block from where they were) saw the dog, called him to them into their yard and then closed the gate, confining the dog to the yard and called my friends. They went over right away and it was him. Now, the point that is significant is that all of this was about a mile away from where the dog went missing. What helped to identify him is that he had on a red doggie coat so it made it easier for people to identify him. He was a little Benjie type dog.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

where to begin ...

once notification of imminent viewing privileges of the contents of the little guy's belly begin ...

a ) any attempt of placing a paper or other object in front of him to capture the contents (projectile) will immediately result in his running to a new location

b ) upon projectile release, he will immediately hiss at the results and run to another location

c ) he will avoid the "scene-of-the-crime" until post clean-up

d ) it's easier to clean-up while still warm. if cold, it tends to be "glued" to the carpet

e ) if the projectile is released during the night ... first turn on the lights before walking out to another room. failure to do so will result in a bonus "finders fee" of the contents squishing between your toes

f ) he will not hide the projectile. the preferred location of dispatch is in the middle of a room/hallway

g ) don't forget to give him the hairball stuff everyday. he must be allowed to lick the goop off your finger. any other method of dispensing is not acceptable and will be rejected

h ) if you forget to give him the daily "fix", the resulting projectile release is purely your fault

h ) he is a long hair. it's what he does. deal with it

note: i miss that little guy .... (F)

Timeline
where to begin ...
I politely disagree with d), and I have not had experience with hairball preparations, but I vehemently agree with all the others, si man. Sorry that he's gone, sigh man.

K.: How much do "cat communicators" cost per session, and is there a national clearinghouse for finding them?

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Ernesto (he's our cat) can ONLY barf on fabric: carpet, couch, fabric or suede shoes mostly. Any attempt to move him towards tile floor is bound to fail. He wants his stains showing he was there...

He has very long hair, so he pukes hairballs a lot during the summer, and the hairball barf is a lot easier to clean up than the food barf. I really don't like pre-digested food on my couch, the smell makes me sick... so I clean it right away. I tend to let hairball dry first on the other hand, because it's so easy to remove when it's dry.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I politely disagree with d), and I have not had experience with hairball preparations, but I vehemently agree with all the others, si man. Sorry that he's gone, sigh man.

K.: How much do "cat communicators" cost per session, and is there a national clearinghouse for finding them?

your exception to d) is duly noted and respected ... here's more detail ...

his weren't the gloppy grits/cream of wheat/oatmeal consistency flowing messes. there was a solid fur structure holding it all together in a "tube-like" shape.

it was best to pick it up quick before the moisture softened the bottom thereby gluing it ti to carpet.

guess we were lucky to be gifted a more solid package :lol:

Timeline

Cost varies from person to person. Yes, there is a Directory of Animal Communicators organized by State and listing the services they offer: http://www.animaltal...ordirectory.htm

If you are considering using one, definitely read over the Code of Ethics link on this site. As in any such venture, there will be varying degrees of competency and assistance. There is also a very useful article at the bottom of this page called 'Ten Things You Need to Know Before Hiring An Animal Communicator" .

Edited by Kathryn41

Timeline

A cat communicator is someone with a special 'gift' to talk with animals, or to sense their 'take' or awareness on a given situation. I have a friend who is an animal communicator and I have asked her to talk to my cats a number of times, and in one case to help a friend find her lost dog (she did).

I know that this is probably a 'woohoo' subject for some, however, from my personal experience, I have been able to get insight into behaviour problems or even medical concerns from her. She is only able to tell me what the animals themselves know, so if the cat is sick, she can tell me he hurts in his tummy area or his feet feel hot or he loses himself in instinctive behaviour, but she can't tell me that he has xxx illness or anything like that. I will use the information I get from her as an additional resource when I go to the vet about something.. For example, a year ago when my senior cat Tristan started to barf after eating fairly regularly and didn't seem able to keep food down, I asked her to ask him if there was a problem he knew about. All Tristan could tell her is that he had a lump in his throat and sometimes he couldn't swallow the food properly. When I took him to the vet for his constant throwing up after eating and she x-rayed him, she discovered a tumour that was pushing against the esophagus. It was a rapidly growing cancer that literally was closing off the esophagus as it grew. We modified his diet to a more soft and then liquid one until he and I both knew it was time to say goodbye.

One more story - when Lion and Bear were growing up and were about 5 or 6 months old, out of curiousity I asked the animal communicator to see if they wanted to have 'adult' cat names instead of Lion and Bear. Bear responded that he didn't really care but if he was going to have a new name he wanted something that mentioned his plumey tail - like "Mr. Plumeytail'. We both laughed at that and I said the poor cat was going to be very disappointed, because at that time he was long and skinny and short haired and his tail was thin and short-haired too. Well, within a month he started to grow longer and longer fur and by the time he was a year old, not only did he have the longest fur I have ever known on a cat, but his tail was indeed this beautiful long plume that he carried with the tip rolled over at the top so it looked exactly like a plume! As Lion and Bear were orphaned around 10 days old I had no idea what their parents were like so this was a total surprise. He definitely fits the name of Mr. Plumeytail now - but he still gets called Bear. :D

Whoa.blink.gif

The owner described the events that had led to the dog getting lost (a car backfiring in a strange city during a walk and the dog jumped backward and slipped out of the leash and ran off).. The owners sent a photograph of the dog to the communicator by email and she was able to 'establish' contact with the dog. The dog was able to show some of the scenery he had run by, and she could sort of 'see' with him what was around him. She then pulled up a map of the city involved and based on the dogs images and the sense of direction he ran (sun behind him, sun over shoulder, etc.) she narrowed down the area to where the dog was within 2 blocks. It was a large park along a river with a bridge that the dog had crossed, bordered by homes. This all happened Decemer 26th and the dog stopped moving December 27th in this area she described. He 'said' he found food in a yard that had cats but there was no water (it was below freezing and a blizzard was expected in 2 days). My friends blanketed the neighbourhood with posters and went door to door asking if people had seen the dog on December 28th. The next morning someone called who had seen the poster and had seen the dog in the park. My friends went to that side of the park and started calling through the park and knocking on doors. They had stopped for lunch at a diner near by when they got a phone call. One of the houses bordering the park that they had knocked on earlier (half a block from where they were) saw the dog, called him to them into their yard and then closed the gate, confining the dog to the yard and called my friends. They went over right away and it was him. Now, the point that is significant is that all of this was about a mile away from where the dog went missing. What helped to identify him is that he had on a red doggie coat so it made it easier for people to identify him. He was a little Benjie type dog.

Double whoa.blink.gif

Timeline

Cost varies from person to person. Yes, there is a Directory of Animal Communicators organized by State and listing the services they offer: http://www.animaltal...ordirectory.htm

If you are considering using one, definitely read over the Code of Ethics link on this site. As in any such venture, there will be varying degrees of competency and assistance. There is also a very useful article at the bottom of this page called 'Ten Things You Need to Know Before Hiring An Animal Communicator" .

OMG.blink.gif

Timeline
I'll have to check it out, looksi man.
your exception to d) is duly noted and respected ... here's more detail ...

his weren't the gloppy grits/cream of wheat/oatmeal consistency flowing messes. there was a solid fur structure holding it all together in a "tube-like" shape.

it was best to pick it up quick before the moisture softened the bottom thereby gluing it ti to carpet.

guess we were lucky to be gifted a more solid package :lol:

These are fabulous details, si man. :thumbs:
Ernesto (he's our cat) can ONLY barf on fabric: carpet, couch, fabric or suede shoes mostly. Any attempt to move him towards tile floor is bound to fail. He wants his stains showing he was there...

He has very long hair, so he pukes hairballs a lot during the summer, and the hairball barf is a lot easier to clean up than the food barf. I really don't like pre-digested food on my couch, the smell makes me sick... so I clean it right away. I tend to let hairball dry first on the other hand, because it's so easy to remove when it's dry.

These too are fabulous details, double si double man. :thumbs: :thumbs:

DEFINITION FOR THE DAY, SEE MAN:

Detailed, adj. - a Manx cat, see man.

Edited by TBoneTX

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hmmm Interesting post. We just recently got a cat (Dec) 1st for everyone in the household . I had a dog in a prior life, did not want another pet, but OK'd cat for stepdaughter. I do most of the work ( I expected this so I knew ahead of time). I clean the litterbox, clip the nails, brush / play with the cat. Stepdaughter feeds the cat in the eve's , wife or myself feed it in the morn. Cat has not barfed as of yet ( inside cat) but I am sure I would be the barf picker-upper. That's just the way it is. ;)

K1 (K2) Application
06-19-2008 I-129F sent (Vermont SC)
06-28-2008 NOA1 / 11-11-2008 NOA2
02-03-2009 INTERVIEW - APPROVED!
02-17-2009 Visa received (for both)
04-27-2009 ARRIVED IN MIAMI
05-30-2009 MARRIED (L)

AOS
07-30-2009 I-485/I-765/I-131 (CIS office Miami)
08-27-2009 NOA1 date
09-03-2009 Biometrics (appt date 09-23-09)
09-18-2009 NOA2
10-21-2009 INTERVIEW DATE - APPROVED
10-31-2009 Green card Received (for my wife and daughter) :joy:

ROC
07-21-2011 I-751 sent to VSC
07-30-2011 NOA1 Date
08-08-2011 Biometrics (appt date 08-26-11)
09-06-2011 Biometrics re-take (appt date 09-28-11)
03-26-2012 RFE – additional evidence / 04-19-2012 Sent docs
07-27-2012 Interview letter (appt date 08-30-12)
08-30-2012 INTERVIEW DATE - APPROVED
09-13-2012 10 Year Green card received (for my wife and daughter) :joy:

N-400

07-02-2015 N-400 sent to Lewisville, TX / 07-09-2015 check cashed
07-16-2015 NOA1
07-17-2015 Biometrics (appt date 07-30-15 / CIS office Oakland Park, FL)
08-03-2015 Case in line for interview

08-20-2015 Interview letter rcvd (appt date 09-22-15 / Hialeah, FL office)

09-22-2015 INTERVIEW DATE - APPROVED (Oath Ceremony date 09-26-15)

09-26-2015 OATH TAKEN. I GOT MY CERTIFICATE OF NATURALIZATION :joy:

11-16-2015 Passport application

12-07-2015 US Passport received

12-09-2015 Got back CoN

N-600 for daughter

05-21-2016 Application sent (13 yo)

06-28-2016 Non-Delivery of Notice request sent since no receipt or letter with case # was received (reply rcvd on 07-13-2016)

07-25-2016 Checked status online: In Line for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

08-20-2016 Oath Ceremony letter received (now 14 yo) (date 08-27-2016)

08-27-2016 OATH TAKEN IN CEREMONY. DAUGHTER GOT CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP AND END OF THE JOURNEY :joy:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I've been petless for a while but when I had a cat I had a dog.

Usually the dog would get the vomit/hairball,thinking it was just as tasty as the cat poo taken out of the kitty litter box (and that was ambrosia to the dog)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Bump, miao man.