andrea&roberto

Trying to get Pregnant!

107 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we weren't trying to get pregnant but we weren't not trying :whistle: ... it just sort of happened out of the blue...

I maybe would have liked a little more time just us two but I am getting older :whistle:

just don't stress about getting pregnant... it will happen when it is supposed to happen :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would recommend ensuring you have adequate health insurance before the baby arrives. Other than that, hurray for babies and baby-making!

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Would recommend ensuring you have adequate health insurance before the baby arrives. Other than that, hurray for babies and baby-making!

yeah, that is a good idea... we are lucky with hubby's work because he has a great health plan

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I do have health insurance...and actually, right now, I'm calling doctor's and getting procedure codes and verifying with my insurance what they'll cover...but I also get $10,000 in january, which I can use for the prengancy, delivery, and what comes after.....but so far, I see that it will probably cost around $2000-3000. I don't want to deliver in a hospital though. I want to have a mid wife...and a home birth-so that it's low stress, and very spiritually and emotionally bonding for my husband and I.

CLICK ---->Andrea & Roberto da Silva ~ April 26, 2006 Jaboatao, Brasil

View our Timeline HERE

ON VALENTINE'S DAY, I BROUGHT MY HUSBAND, ROBERTO, HOME! IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good luck!!

Eat lots of Sururu in Brasil :thumbs: !!

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Timeline
Good luck!!

What is Sururu? Does it help fertility by chance? haha

View our Timeline HERE

ON VALENTINE'S DAY, I BROUGHT MY HUSBAND, ROBERTO, HOME! IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

It took my mum almost a year from me leaving the UK to work out that I was my own person (and I am not going to admit how old I am, just accept I am old enough to know better). It is never easy because it is familiar to hear the negatives, to expect them, and to think that is the only way there is. Leave and cleave - my hubby tells me it all the time. In time your mum may change and grow and develop a new relationship with you, one whereby she lets you be your own person and forge your own path in life together with your new husband, and maybe she will understand that her opinions are just that, opinions, not set in stone, not commandments, just opinions and suggestions.

It is probably just as hard for parents to realise their children have grown up, and marriage is one of those situations whereby the reality is obvious and responsible for physically changing the relationship kids have with their parents. We may already have had our own place, but now we have someone on our side, who would die for us as much as we would lay down our lives for them, who will be there for us through thick and thin, who will have their own flaws to keep ours company, but who will love us for who we are and encourage us to grow in our strengths. I speak purely from experience.

Be confident in who you are, in your relationship with your husband, and in God's plan for your life. Accept that there will be a transition where you will still be their little girl, but eventually you will also be the amazing adult they brag about to their friends (while remembering the good old days of when you were small... it's a parent thing). It's just as hard for mums as it is for their daughters, getting used to a new dynamic, trying to avoid the urge to give advice, watching them in this new relationship where the mum is no longer the first person you run to when good things happen. My mum was heartbroken when she realised my hubby was first in my life, and it was all over a couple of photos. Where I used to show her first, and share and talk with her about the events inthe pictures, she found my hubby (fiance at the time) and me, on the sofa, pouring over these great photos and having a laugh about the things that were happening in them. She cried because that was the moment she felt it had changed, and she was no longer number one in my life.

I still love her dearly, I still chat to her over email or on the phone, and I still keep her updated on our lives. But I listen to her advice and I don't take it as gospel, I look to my husband for my direction, and if I need a motherly word, I go to her, and she knows that *that* is something she can still give that my beloved can't. A mother knows things, that doesn't change.

Enjoy this new time and new season where you are getting to know your husband, getting to know what it really means when the bible says 'two become one'. Your mum will always be your mother, and it is up to you how much you let her into your new life as wife (and hopefully mother, grin). But know that she loves you, no matter how much she might drive you crazy, and note that maybe, just maybe she is a little bit scared too.

After all, mums are awsome, but great as they are, they are also, only human.

Hugs

Annie

2005 August 27th Happily Married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good luck!!

I think it helps and is supposed to be like an aphrodisiac. Most in Brasil know about it. Pronounced sududu or suduro (say it fast) and is like a shrimp or fish soup . Tastes good too. Dont know if it works because when I was visiting my then fiance, well lets just say I really did not need it :devil:

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Timeline

Good luck!!

I think it helps and is supposed to be like an aphrodisiac. Most in Brasil know about it. Pronounced sududu or suduro (say it fast) and is like a shrimp or fish soup . Tastes good too. Dont know if it works because when I was visiting my then fiance, well lets just say I really did not need it :devil:

Haha. No, I don't need any aphrodiciacs...i'm so horney right now, i feel like my pants are on fire! :lol::o

View our Timeline HERE

Filed: Timeline

Trust me-if your mom's anything like my mom, the second she hears a grandchild is on the way she will come around and be so happy and excited. Good luck!!

I hope so....Becuase in my mind i hear her saying, "Oh that was STUPID! You're so irresponsible. He's not even here. He doesn't even have a job! How are you going to pay for this?! You can barely pay your rent..." etc etc. Though, just to comment on that...I am getting $10,000 in January from my grandparent's trust fund...so, that will totally help us. I work full time as a server, and I have medical insurance too...I don't know how great it is...but it's something! I really hope you're right, and she'll be happy to know she's going to be a grandma...because since I was 18 years old, all I've ever heard is "When are you going to get married so you can have babies and make me a grandma!" Seems a little contradictory now to what she's saying. If she's scared for me, she sure has a really F*ed up way of showing it.

Congrats on your decision. I would recommend that before you get pregnant, you check out your insurance company's maternity coverage. Some companies provide great policies in this regard, others don't. You might want to upgrade your plan if you have that option.

Also, start taking folic acid.

Good luck!

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Timeline

Actually, I just made the decision NOT to go through my medical insurance....I want a midwife and a home birth. I'm prepared to pay totally out of pocket...I shouldn't be more than $2000 I'm only going to the doctor for ultra sounds if needed, and recommended by my midwife, and for that nifty cool new 3D or 4D sonogram that shows a REAL picture of the baby....

View our Timeline HERE

Filed: Timeline
Actually, I just made the decision NOT to go through my medical insurance....I want a midwife and a home birth. I'm prepared to pay totally out of pocket...I shouldn't be more than $2000 I'm only going to the doctor for ultra sounds if needed, and recommended by my midwife, and for that nifty cool new 3D or 4D sonogram that shows a REAL picture of the baby....

OK...just check your policy and see what they will cover in the event of an emergency, or what kind of midwife services they will cover since some of them do now. I'm not trying to be a killjoy...maternity emergencies can be very expensive. A home birth with a midwife can be a very satisfying experience. :D

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck, Andrea&Roberto! :)

Go for it......my husband and I had our daughter on August 9th and she is a blessing!

It only took me ONE cycle to get pregnant and I was 39 years old....so that's pretty darned amazing......

I hope it works out for you....GOOD LUCK!

Congratulations!

It's great to hear it only took you one cycle. We've been trying, too. I'm on my second cycle trying to get pregnant, and I'm 38. Hopefully we'll be blessed with a child one day. I read that for every cycle, there's only a 20% chance of getting pregnant.

CR-1

09/16/2005 Mailed I-130 (CSC)

09/21/2005 NOA 1

02/07/2006 NOA 2 (Day 143)

02/25/2006 Petitioner receives AOS Bill in U.S. (Day 161)

02/27/2006 AOS Bill (regular USPS) and DS-3032 (Canada Post regular) are mailed out

03/21/2006 Petitioner receives I-864 package (Day 185)

03/22/2006 Beneficiary receives IV Bill and sends payment - regular mail (Day 186)

03/24/2006 Petitioner sends back I-864 (Day 188)

04/13/2006 Beneficiary receives DS-230 (Day 208)

05/10/2006 Beneficiary sends back DS-230 and docs to NVC via Fedex (Day 235)

05/19/2006 NVC issues RFE on Question # 20 on the DS-230. (Day 244)

05/29/2006 Beneficiary receives RFE and sends it off (Day 254)

06/02/2006 NVC receives RFE (Day 258)

06/16/2006 Case Complete! (Day 272)

07/07/2006 Case forwarded to Consulate in Montreal (Day 293)

08/11/2006 INTERVIEW! VISA APPROVED!

08/14/2006 Picked up visa and crossed the border.

08/25/2006 SS card arrives in the mail

09/07/2006 GC arrives in the mail.

K-3

02/01/2006 Mailed I-129F

02/07/2006 NOA1

04/14/2006 I-129F is approved!

04/24/2006 NVC forwards the application to the consulate in Montreal

05/01/2006 Packet 3 is received from consulate & is sent of 3 days later

07/07/2006 Medical

08/08/2006 INTERVIEW- cancelled bec. of CR-1

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Cygnet,

I was surprised, to say the least, it took me ALOT longer to get pregnant with my sons when I was 25 and 30 years old....of course my husband attributes it to his "manliness" Lol :innocent:

I see more and more "mature" moms......so it's definitely possible! Good luck....if you go to babycenter.com, they have a "pregnant over 35" forum, to inspire you!!!

Kiki

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
I can't wait to do the same...but I am with the crew that wants to spend a few years together first. We were apart for so long - we jsut want some time together first.

My best friend got pregnant with her fiance before they were married - they hadn't been together that long. She says she wishes they had had more time together first...but it has to be what's best for YOU :)

Good luck, have fun...and hopefully we won't be TOO far behind!

Us too! :P We keep going back and forth on when the time will be right. There will never be a "perfect" time, I know. So sometimes you just gotta go for it. We aren't trying yet, but hopefully it won't be too much longer before we do. We've been married 2 years now so I think we are ready for it soon. We always said we'd wait about 2 years after marriage. :) Two of my really good friends just had babies! They are sooo cute! I got to hold one of them, and she is a tiny cutie (she was premature). :luv:

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord