Kathryn41

Game Thread Rules

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The Games Threads on Visa Journey are for the enjoyment of all our members. The immigration process can be very stressful, and playing 'games' is one way to help deal with that stress. So, this thread will list the various games available on Visa Journey, and post the instructions/rules about how to play them. Keeping these instructions in this one pinned topic will mean no one will have to try to find the first post in a game thread to figure out how to play the game. :)

Anyone who starts a new game should make a post in this thread identifying the game and providing instructions about how to play it. Please don't be really strict or nit-picky with the rules. Remember - this is supposed to be fun! Try not to take them - or each other - too seriously, but please be respectful of the other players in the game and do try to play the game by the posted instructions.

Attempts to disrupt, manipulate or monopolize game threads or the use of the game threads to make personal attacks or inappropriate comments about other members will be treated seriously and may result in thread-bans or suspensions. Honest errors or mistakes are fine; deliberately 'mis-playing' a game to cause a disruption or to make a 'scene' is not.

Posts to this thread that discuss topics other than the instructions or clarifications of instructions for the games will either be removed or moved so that the actual instructions don't get overwhelmed by too many other posts.

Let the games begin! :lol:

(I'll be spending the next little while pulling together all of the posted instructions for the various games so be patient while I find them all and post them here)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

Game: Hi!

Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/343994-new-game-hi/

Rules:

Say Hi! anyway you want to.

For creative ideas, try this link:

http://translate.google.com/

(Normal rules for the use of English only outside of the Regional Forums does not apply here, as long as it translates to some sort of friendly greeting.)

Game: What's the time?

Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/288114-new-game-whats-the-time/

Rules: Post the local time where you are. All time formats are acceptable.

Edited by ☼

Timeline

Let's Play Scrabble

Change one letter only in the posted word to make a totally new word. You can re-order the letters or keep the letters in the same order but you can only change one letter each time. See how long a word can keep going without coming up against a road block and there are no more changes left. A new word can be proposed to start a new game at that time.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Timeline

New Geography Game.

The first player posts the name of a city or a country. The next player posts the name of another city or country that starts with the same letter of the alphabet as ended the previous name. If you post only a country, then use the first and last letters of the country. If you use a city and a country, then ignore the country/state/province (it is there for clarification) and start the name place name with the last letter of the city. You can mix and match as you desire - Country only doesn't have to follow country only; City/Country can follow City/State or just Country. The important part is to list a geographical location that starts with the same letter as the previous example ended.

Examples:

a) Country only - Bolivia . . . response: Argentina

b) City/Country - London, England ... response: New York, USA

c) City/State/Province - Atlanta, Georgia ... response: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Edited by Kathryn41

Timeline

Keep and Kick

Two words are posted that make sense together. Change either one of the words to make a new phrase by keeping one of the two posted words and 'kicking' the other out:

Examples:

Dog House

Open House

House Boat

Motor Boat

Boat Show

Horse Show

Black Horse

Timeline

OT Movies for Insomniacs

Some of us are up in the wee small hours of the morning more often that we would like. What are the movie choices you see - or would like to see - when you are unable to sleep? What movies show overnight when everyone else is getting some shut-eye? Have fun - some of the best 'worst' movies and the best 'best' movies can show up in the wee dark hours leading to dawn. Post links, video clips, movie posters or trailers here. Keep them clean, though, folks!

Edited by Kathryn41

Timeline

Stupid Things People Buy

In this thread post the stupid or ridiculous things you or others have purchased. You can also post the price you paid.

Timeline

I am Just Saying . . .

Post short one line/sentence comments.preceded by the phrase ' I am just saying. ."

Examples:

i am just saying.......................TGIF!

i am just saying. . . . sometimes you you just need a chocolate milkshake!

Timeline

Either Or Game

Post two items and choose one of them. Then post two more items for the next player to choose from;

Examples

Either Hot Chocolate or Tea?

Response: Tea

Either VW Golf or Hyundai Sante Fe?

Timeline

Write a Number

write any number in any format

Timeline

Where in the World?

A player posts an unidentified image of some geographical place in the world . Players try to identify where that location is. Once the location is identified successfully, an image of another location in the world is posted . It can be posted by the one successfully identifying the previously posted image or by someone new.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Filed: Timeline

GAME THREAD: What word does this word make you think of?

The rules are simple. I will start the thread off with a word. A single word. Not an expression or phrase. Not a numeric or an image or a video.

ONE WORD. In the English language as commonly understood in 21st century North America (please, no medieval English).

You read the word and respond with ONE WORD that pops into your head when you read mine.

The next poster will do the same.

Please keep your responses limited to SINGLE WORDS with all the limitations described above.