cmboothe

What's up with the California Service Center?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

My initial application was received on August 15, 2006 - I got the official NOA1 - but nothing since then. On their website they say that they are processing visas from March 20, but I see other people getting approved. Should I be worried? I have heard nothing from them at all. Ours is a straight forward case - no children, previous marriages, criminal background, nothing. Educated guess - could I still hope for a March wedding?

Sorry, stressed, lonely - like all of you. Thanks for the support.

Marie Boothe & Dermot O'Mahony

January 2005: Met in Church

March 2006: Dermot's first visit to the AZ desert!

June 2006: I'm back in Ireland

23 July 2006: Engaged!

2 August: Back in Arizona without Dermot

15 August: NOA1 receipt in mail

4 October: wishing and hoping

12 October: visit to Ireland and my fiance

16 October: touched! someone did something

with our case! no change in status though.

2 November: NOA2!!!

1 February: Dermot is back in the good old USA

10 March: Married at last! - no more goodbyes

31 March: AOS mailed

3 May: I-485, Request for Initial Evidence recieved.

20 May: RIE mailed

While it is impossible to say for sure, my recommendation is not to worry. Our NOA1 date is neck and neck with yours and I got a touch today, my first and hopefully last (hoping for it to mean approval.)

All you can do is hang in there and hope the new CSC two month trend in approvals persists... At the moment no reason to believe it won't. Good luck! :thumbs:

Go CSC!!! :thumbs:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Don't worry. Many (most) people don't get touched until approved. You're on track. And in regards to the processing dates on the USCIS website, my best advice is to stop looking at them! They're not an accurate reflection of what's going on. Look at the timelines here. It'll be more clear I think.

timeline doesn't matter.

My initial application was received on August 15, 2006 - I got the official NOA1 - but nothing since then. On their website they say that they are processing visas from March 20, but I see other people getting approved. Should I be worried? I have heard nothing from them at all. Ours is a straight forward case - no children, previous marriages, criminal background, nothing. Educated guess - could I still hope for a March wedding?

Sorry, stressed, lonely - like all of you. Thanks for the support.

The March 20 processing dates is the result of restructuring customer response time. They have given themselves a 6 month window before they need to respond. Now that many of the cases caught up in the IMBRA snafu are being cleared (not ALL unfortunately), they seem to be processing many cases at a more normal speed (60-90 days).

It's hard to predict if you will have the visa in hand by March (possibility of RFEs, transfer time with NVC, Consulate times etc). If things go smoothly March seems very reasonable to me, but then again I guess I'm hesitant after seeing so many cases delayed without rhyme or reason.

My petition was received a couple of weeks after yours and I am optimistically hoping a visa in hand for my fiance by February...but tell myself it could be weeks later than this.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

"Do you feel lucky? Well do ya?"

What's up with CSC?? They're morons!!

Don't worry you'll probably get approved before me and the other "forgotten bastards of March" lol

Jeez We had been waiting 5 months already when you submitted yours!! omg this is nuts!!

I feel like I'm in "One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest" dealing with USCIS!!! I was sane but they're driving me nuts!

Gonna try again.

USS Liberty - Not Forgotten

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Don't worry you'll probably get approved before me and the other "forgotten bastards of March" lol

Jeez We had been waiting 5 months already when you submitted yours!! omg this is nuts!!

I feel like I'm in "One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest" dealing with USCIS!!! I was sane but they're driving me nuts!

No, at this point, I don't feel lucky - I am not expecting anything this soon, I'm just wondering. The only thing that could throw me is that I was born in Guatemala to US parents, so I hope I did that element right. I have heard about the forgotten March applicants... I wish I could say something encouraging, but not tonight, not in this mood. Best I can say is that I (and many others) are praying daily for all the people at the CSC to go through these visas as quickly as possible. Best wishes to you!

Marie Boothe & Dermot O'Mahony

January 2005: Met in Church

March 2006: Dermot's first visit to the AZ desert!

June 2006: I'm back in Ireland

23 July 2006: Engaged!

2 August: Back in Arizona without Dermot

15 August: NOA1 receipt in mail

4 October: wishing and hoping

12 October: visit to Ireland and my fiance

16 October: touched! someone did something

with our case! no change in status though.

2 November: NOA2!!!

1 February: Dermot is back in the good old USA

10 March: Married at last! - no more goodbyes

31 March: AOS mailed

3 May: I-485, Request for Initial Evidence recieved.

20 May: RIE mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

No, at this point, I don't feel lucky - I am not expecting anything this soon, I'm just wondering. The only thing that could throw me is that I was born in Guatemala to US parents, so I hope I did that element right. I have heard about the forgotten March applicants... I wish I could say something encouraging, but not tonight, not in this mood. Best I can say is that I (and many others) are praying daily for all the people at the CSC to go through these visas as quickly as possible. Best wishes to you!

and I'll put in a word for the April filers still left in this incredible LIMBO. I had an uncomplicated case too. The WORST part of this process is that it's really impossible to predict how long they'll take. If you don't get a touch, be happy, because my last (and only) touch was an RFE.

Meanwhile, it is too early for you to be in a bad mood! You'll probably be fine.

NOA1: April 6, 2006

IMBRA RFE: July 17, 2006

RFE #2: September 25, 2006

OMG a touch!: October 5, 2006

another touch!: October 7, 2006

hey, back up a minute...

APPROVED!!! October 4, 2006, received letter October 16, 2006

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I'm praying to that end!! b/c my case will be transferred to CSC...I am praying for the right people to look at my case and for it to pass through smoothly...My whole family is praying, too...So, while I'm praying for our case...I'll pray for you guys' cases...

Alicia (United States) + Juan Francisco (Nicaragua) = AMOR

Timeline:

06-??-05: Met on mission trip in El Salvador...

07-28-05: Said goodbye...sniff, sniff

05-19-06: He was denied the tourist visa by the Embassy in Managua...

06-15-06: I couldn't wait any longer...flew to see him in Managua...

07-??-06: We got engaged.

07-13-06: I flew back to the U.S.

10-03-06: I-129F sent certified express mail

10-06-06: Notice Left, October 06, 2006, 11:29 am, MESQUITE, TX 75185 (um..maybe tomorrow?!)

10-10-06: Your item was delivered at 6:40 am on October 10, 2006 in MESQUITE, TX 75185 to INS . The item was signed for by M S.

10-16-06: NOA1 date...no email...but this is the date on the official copy that they sent to me (it's so pretty!).

10-19-06: Check posted (online banking).

10-20-06: Received NOA1 snail mail.

01-04-07: NOA2 (93 days)

01-11-07: Received NOA2 snail mail.

01-20-07: Letter from NVC: Case will be on its way to Managua within 1 week. (Date on letter: Jan 16).

01-26-07: Fran receives packet three and INTERVIEW DATE.

03-13-07: Interview date. Visa granted! Gracias a Dios.

03-18-07: We fly back to the U.S.

03-22-07: We get married!

06-??-07: We file I-485.

Hold up b/c notice of biometrics appointment doesn't arrive to our never changed address!

I don't really remember the dates b/c I am filling this in half a year later!

12-24-07: We find out we are expecting a little one!

01-??-08: Fran receives his green card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Educated guess - could I still hope for a March wedding?

The way CSC is operating it is impossible to say. You also need to consider potential delays at the beneficiary's embassy.

We're planning a spare-of-the-moment Vegas wedding. I can't imagine doing it any other way with CSC!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.