sonicgihad

NBI clearance and police certificate from singapore

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Per SPF, COC was mailed to the US Embassy in Manila on 3/23/12 via SG registered post. There's still no update on SingPost aside from the mail being dispatched on the 23rd. That was pretty quick!!!

I'll call the US Embassy on Friday to see if it has been received and filed.

The steps in this thread looks to be correct.

I thought I could edit the top page... I called SG Police Force and the US embassy twice, this is what I got...

1) Make sure a Manila Number has been issued by the NVC.

2) If possible, go to Window 38 at the US embassy in Manila if not,

email: IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

***Request for the consulate to issue a letter officially requesting the Singapore Police Force to release

a COC or certificate of Clearance. Make sure that the letter states that "A STATUTE OF

DECLARATION IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

The US embassy can send this to you by Mail or by email.

3) www.spf.gov.sg/faqs/doc/coc_appform.pdf

Download the form and follow the instructions. Mail it to SG along with the letter from the consulate and

copies of your passport and I think they are asking for photos as well.

The issue I see here is the payment. If sent in by mail, they only accept a brank draft from a singapore

bank.

Processing fee is S$45.00 per application. Payment can be made by cash, NETS, cash card, or

credit cards (VISA/MASTERCARD) for walk-in application. Application sent by post (from

overseas) must be accompanied by a bank draft made payable to ‘Head Criminal Records

CID’ through a Singapore-based bank. In addition to the processing fee, a postage fee of

S$5.00 must be included in the payment (total S$50.00) if the COC is to be mailed. Payment

is non- refundable once the application is processed.

4) SPF will take 10 working days to process and can only send the COC to the US Embassy in Manila or whichever

embassy requested it for non SG Permanent residents or citizens.

5) Check with the US Embassy Immigrant division if they have the COC. Once received, they will attach it to your file.

I hope this helps all of you in the same boat. I'll ask my fiancee to ask one of her friends to hand deliver the letter to SPF and pay the fee as well. We'll just send them money ahead of time.

The bank draft will be enclosed in the mail together with the other requirements for getting a COC?

I called the Singapore Police the person told me I need a letter from USEM. I also emailed them last night but no reply until now. I called the USEM and the agent told to go to Window 38 he didn't tell me I should need my case number, we just got our approval notice a week ago. My fiance called yesterday but they don't have our case number (the NVC)yet. I hope the process can be faster for getting the police clearance.

I just want to ask if the bank draft will be included in the mail to be sent to the Singapore Police.

Thank you!

Hello Vj members especially to those who were trying to get PC from Singapore.I just want to share my experience since I've been through this hassle of providing this document to the embassy. I had been there in Singapore working for almost 6 years before too,and to complete our documents processing we need to provide a PC to those places we've been of at least 6 months above.At first during my processing this one gives me head ache, because I live in the province far from everything and with out internet connection.I did try to gather every pieces of the documents we need in preparation for the interview and Singapore PC is one of the difficult to obtain. I did try to obtain Singapore PC also but to no avail till I gave up and decided to just print the page in their website saying they will no longer issue a PC to those non citizen in case

they the interviewer will ask me during my interview. To my surprised the console didn't even bother to asked me about the Singapore PC. That's my experience I don't know the others and I had been here in the US for 7 months.

ROC

06/15/2013 - I-751 Sent

06/19/2013 - NOA 1

07/17/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to CSC

09/17/2013 - Approved!

09/23/2013 - Received approval notice.

10/09/2013 - Card received. Fini!

N400

12/18/2017 - N400 submitted

12/19/2017 - NOA

01/09/2018 - Biometrics

04/10/2018 - Interview

04/27/2018 - Oath

Filed: Timeline

Hello Vj members especially to those who were trying to get PC from Singapore.I just want to share my experience since I've been through this hassle of providing this document to the embassy. I had been there in Singapore working for almost 6 years before too,and to complete our documents processing we need to provide a PC to those places we've been of at least 6 months above.At first during my processing this one gives me head ache, because I live in the province far from everything and with out internet connection.I did try to gather every pieces of the documents we need in preparation for the interview and Singapore PC is one of the difficult to obtain. I did try to obtain Singapore PC also but to no avail till I gave up and decided to just print the page in their website saying they will no longer issue a PC to those non citizen in case

they the interviewer will ask me during my interview. To my surprised the console didn't even bother to asked me about the Singapore PC. That's my experience I don't know the others and I had been here in the US for 7 months.

Yes, they no longer required it from me. I had my interview yesterday. I just showed them the notice from SPF website and told the CO that I worked in SG but had difficulty obtaining it. Maybe as long as you have the notice they won't be strict about it.

Yes, they no longer required it from me. I had my interview yesterday. I just showed them the notice from SPF website and told the CO that I worked in SG but had difficulty obtaining it. Maybe as long as you have the notice they won't be strict about it.

Thank you VJ members!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same experience here as reprted b ymagdasal and pachuchay. Printed and brought to interview notice from SPF website that Singapore PC no longer issued to non-citizens. Also, may be worth emailing to embassy and asking about response re: unavailability of Singapore PC. Print response email and bring to interview.

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called the Singapore Police the person told me I need a letter from USEM. I also emailed them last night but no reply until now. I called the USEM and the agent told to go to Window 38 he didn't tell me I should need my case number, we just got our approval notice a week ago. My fiance called yesterday but they don't have our case number (the NVC)yet. I hope the process can be faster for getting the police clearance.

I just want to ask if the bank draft will be included in the mail to be sent to the Singapore Police.

Thank you!

i guess, it all depends on the CO if they will ask for this COC. Oh well, its better to be safe than sorry. That's why sonicgihad, Azteca143 and me decided to obtain the COC prior to the interview rather than getting a 221g form on that day.

You can always go to US Embassy manila from Monday to Friday, 630am to 12pm or 2pm. Not sure. They will issue u that letter on the same day. Just bring your NOA2 and letter from NVC stating your MNL case no. Don't forget your passport too or any valid ID.

And yes, the bank draft will be mail together with the rest of your docs to SPF.

Shella

K1 Timeline

8/16/2011 - Mailed I-129F

8/19/2011 - I-129F Received at Dallas Lock Box

08/26/2011 - Received official I-797C Notice Of Action in Mail

03/09/2012 - NOA2

04/11/2012 - Medical - PASSED!

04/19/2012 - PRISM Counselling

04/24/2012 - Interview - APPROVED!

05/04/2012 - VISA on Hand yay!

05/11/2012 - POE -Detroit

i guess, it all depends on the CO if they will ask for this COC. Oh well, its better to be safe than sorry. That's why sonicgihad, Azteca143 and me decided to obtain the COC prior to the interview rather than getting a 221g form on that day.

You can always go to US Embassy manila from Monday to Friday, 630am to 12pm or 2pm. Not sure. They will issue u that letter on the same day. Just bring your NOA2 and letter from NVC stating your MNL case no. Don't forget your passport too or any valid ID.

And yes, the bank draft will be mail together with the rest of your docs to SPF.

Shella

I cannot wait for the letter as we have only 4 months as the validity of my visa as soon as I got my MNL case number I'm going to the embassy and get the letter.

Were you able to resolve your Dubai police clearance issue?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good news!

Interview is tomorrow I see... all the best.

Slight chance of rain I see, but they have been saying that for two weeks and I have only seen rain one day worth mentioning.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.