guitarsrkewl08

we have been approved

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

we have been apporoved my fiance has got her visa and is now living with me we plan to get married may 10th when should we file for a marriage license i live in ohio stark county also how long does it take to get a marriage license once you apply

we have been apporoved my fiance has got her visa and is now living with me we plan to get married may 10th when should we file for a marriage license i live in ohio stark county also how long does it take to get a marriage license once you apply

Congrats....My fiancee also comes from Ohio..and I hope that he and I have the same success as you and your fiance..except us we have decided to take a different road we are getting married upon my return and then we will apply for a K-3 visa with an immigration lawyer who we have been keeping in contact with since my return to Canada...It was he himself that suggested that when I get back to marry for us to marry as quick as possible then we can go for the K-3 visa...because this having to be seperated all the time is hell and we just cant deal with it any more :( I had to come back to Canada for 90 days our lawyer told us that I had no choice only because I spent 6 months with him last year...I cant go back untill April :( dam I hate this..

Edited by fancy

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

congrats!!!! :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

First off, Congratulations!! :star:

Stark County Probate Court/Marriages

Click on this link.

Now I'm going to hi-jack your thread for a moment:

Fancy wrote:

Congrats....My fiancee also comes from Ohio..and I hope that he and I have the same success as you and your fiance..except us we have decided to take a different road we are getting married upon my return and then we will apply for a K-3 visa with an immigration lawyer who we have been keeping in contact with since my return to Canada...It was he himself that suggested that when I get back to marry for us to marry as quick as possible then we can go for the K-3 visa...because this having to be seperated all the time is hell and we just cant deal with it any more :( I had to come back to Canada for 90 days our lawyer told us that I had no choice only because I spent 6 months with him last year...I cant go back untill April :( dam I hate this..

You have a bad lawyer.

1. Why did you not marry in the U.S. and adjust status? If you came for a visit with out the intent to marry and immigrate, it's perfectly legal.

2. Why did your lawyer not file for a K-1 Fiance visa?

3. K-3 is not the way to go, it's a soon to be obsolete Visa.

If you marry in Canada your fiance files for the I-130 for a CR/IR-1 (CR-1 in your case)

The reason it is becoming obsolete is once your I-130 and the I-129f make it to NVC The K-3 I-129f is administratively closed, leaving the I-130 route as the option.

Therefore, filing the K3 is a waste of time. Your lawyer is probably trying to pad his bill.

You will still be able to to visit, like any other Canadian citizen, while your petition and visa are in process, but it's up to the CBP officer's discretion to let you in the U.S. You will still have to return to Canada for the medical exam and the interview in Montreal. You're still looking at a 9-12 month wait before you can come here as a lawful permanent resident.

I speak from experience. Our K-1 was denied because we had a horrible lawyer. He told me my self-employment income was sufficient, it wasn't. He never told us we could get a sponsor. He then advised us to get married and 'combine our assets' and file for the K-3. It doesn't quite work that way... In the mean time I found this site, fired our lawyer and started doing it all myself. $3,000.00 lesson learned.

Edited by sheeshkabelle

USCIS- 260 Days

6/8/11~ Mailed I-130 Application, withdrew Canadian PR application
6/16/11~ NOA1 email and text message Case routed to CSC (Priority Date)
7/12/11~ The 'Money Order' Incident/Returned to Tennessee
8/03/11~ TOUCHED!
3/2/12~ APPROVED! NOA2!

NVC Electronic Processing- Montreal- 19 Days

3/21/12~ Received case number & IIN 20 Days after NOA2
3/21/12~ Sent in opt-in email
3/22/12~ Opt-in accepted
3/23/12~ DS-261 Submitted, never accepted
3/29/12~ AOS bill invoiced and paid
3/30/12~ AOS shows PAID- AOS Package emailed/received, DS-3032 emailed/accepted
4/2/12~ IV bill invoiced and paid
4/3/12~ AOS Checklist documents emailed(first time)
4/4/12~ IV shows PAID- DS-260 submitted/ IV Package emailed/received
4/4/12~ AOS Checklist documents sent again for CYA (second time)
4/5/12~ IV package accepted! No Checklists!
4/6/12~ AOS Checklist emailed(third time)
4/9/12~ AOS packet accepted (finally)
CASE COMPLETE!!

Interview 354 days from NOA1/ 362 days from initial filing date
5/29/12~ Medical@ Medisys, Montreal
6/4/12~ Interview APPROVED!!!
08/07/2012~ POE Emerson, MB/Pembina, ND by land
08/09/2012~ HOME!! 424 days from initial filing date!
08/14/2012~ SSN Received
09/10/2012~ Received Green Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.