Bad_Daddy

California teacher scores himself a young one

135 posts in this topic

caliteacher.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/california-teen-leaves-school-moves-former-teacher-123519629--abc-news.html;_ylt=Agb_nW0Q86JFw65cbWmg5T21qHQA;_ylu=X3oDMTFsMWMyc2RlBG1pdANCbG9nIEluZGV4IEJ5IEF1dGhvcgRwb3MDNARzZWMDTWVkaWFCbG9nSW5kZXhUZW1w;_ylg=X3oDMTFxY2tjOXA4BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANhdXRob3IEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnMEdGVzdAM-;_ylv=3#more-id

ABC News | ABC News Blogs – 1 hr 19 mins ago

By CECELIA VEGA and KEVIN DOLAK

An angry California mother is alleging abuse now that her 18-year-old daughter is living with her former high school teacher, who left his wife and children to move into an apartment with the young woman.

James Hooker, 41, quit his job after going public with his love for Jordan Powers, who stopped attending classes at her Modesto high school and left home to be with her former business teacher.

The girl's mother is skeptical of the couple's claims that nothing sexual happened between them, and exactly when the relationship became physical has become the center of a police investigation.

"She looked up to him," mom Tammie Powers said. "[He was in the] position of an educator, [and you] don't abuse your student. Period. She's still in high school. She still lives at home. She has a curfew. … That's not OK."

The couple maintains that their feelings for each other blossomed slowly by spending time together during and after school, and then via phone calls and text messages. The two first met when Jordan was a high school freshman at James Enochs High School, but they say they only developed romantic feelings after she turned 18 in September.

"[He's] my best friend. I mean, he's more than just a lover," Jordan Powers said of Hooker, who has a daughter a year younger than her and attended the same high school.

Hooker said that while Jordan Powers was a student in his business class, he didn't think twice about her. "She was just a student," he said. "There was no attraction. There was nothing that was out of the ordinary, as opposed to any other student. We were very much a teacher-student role."

Tammie Powers is unconvinced. As soon as she discovered a long log of text message exchanges, she went straight to the police. She waged her own war on Facebook, posting a letter that went viral telling everyone that classmates took photos of her daughter sitting on Hooker's lap when she was still his student.

She says that she also discovered 8,000 text messages between the two, along with late-night phone calls and email exchanges that took place when she was still a minor.

"That's pursuit, in my opinion, with some type of intent," she told ABC News 10 in California.

But none of the late-night calls or endless texts were a red flag of inappropriateness to him, and says that people looking for proof of an unacceptable relationship before Jordan was 18 are just inquisitive about their connection, Hooker said.

"I think that they're just digging for something that wasn't there. I mean, of course, they're going to be curious," Hooker added. "But I know for a fact that there was nothing."

Although Jordan has stopped attending classes, she is now doing independent study through the school and plans to walk at her graduation.

Hooker confirmed that he is under investigation by the Modesto Police Department, but is confident he will be completely cleared of any allegations of inappropriate behavior. He said that he understands that people don't understand their relationship.

"I think the stigma of the teacher-student relationship just makes it messy, makes it really hard for people to get through to the point that we really do like each other, he said. "We really do want to have a future together."

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Way to go, teach!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I need to find a pic of this guys wife so we can compare. I bet she's a hog.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

I'll take the overs on that one.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I'll take the overs on that one.

:lol:

I can't find a pic of this guys ol lady on the net, but here's another one of the chick he landed.

james-hooker-and-jordan-flowers.jpg

sigbet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

They pass the only test left: Consenting adults.

He no doubt is an inspiration to many 41 year old teachers.

Now if he were just another priest doing a teen, there would be outrage.

Hetro relations with those under your care.... ain't so bad. :thumbs:

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/4/5/01552.shtml

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Thank God for young babes.good.gif

Hats off to the Teacher.kicking.gif

+1 if she calls him daddy. B-)

sigbet.jpg

+1 more if he nails her mom too.

Русский форум член.

+1 if she brings her classmates homestar_smile.gif

And we have a winner. Can't top that one. :no:

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Calling Mandalay Bay Hotel to get odds on that. I can be in Vegas in 4 hours to get my money.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

+2 if he nails mom and a classmate -- same day.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC