Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Need a Attorney in Bacold City

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, haven't been here for awhile. Does anyone know of a good attorney in Bacolod City or nearby that could help me with getting a passport replacement? My wife is here with me in the states for about two years now, but her child is still over in the philippines due to our finances still and her not passing the medical due to a mild case of TB.

The TB has been resolved, but the kid lost the passport. We have a problem with the birth certificate that has to be resolved in a court first. I need to get this going since I have already had one year of extension on her visa application. We got one estimate from one attorney for $400.00.

We had a rivision corrected with the NSO four years ago and she was issued a passport. But our friend who is helping our daughter get a replacement took the old bir certificate down to the processing center with the incorrect info on it and now this has opened a whole new can of worms.

I don't get this. If the birth certifcate was updated at the NSO and I brought in a certified copy, wouldn't this be the one that they would recognize for a passport renewal. Now I am looking at another additional cost and will probably take up to six months in the court to have processed. If the child was already issued a passport in the first place, why would we have to go into court? Isn't a copy of the new revised birth certificate the grounds for getting a passport replacement.

Anyone been thru this?



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

requirements for lost passportaccording to the Department of Foreign affairs Philippines. you can call them for further details.

I had some problem with my birth cert (my mother's name spelling is wrong)so i had it fix it but in the new ruling, you dont need to go to court for the changes if its a minor issue like mine. inquire at the local municipal registrar and have them fix it but of course it has fee. mine reach up to less than $100.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.