Mithra

March 2012

126 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I've read that on here before about MENA families working out the disagreements of couples in the family before, but only in the most extreme cases such as being on the verge of divorce, or constantly fighting, or physical abuse being involved. Most all of these cases took place inside the country. However, outside the country and far from the family I have yet to hear of the family getting involved in a couple's marital issues. Unless one of the couple's reached out and involved them.

As for food I spent most of the day cooking in the kitchen enough food for dh and I for the work week. I peeled a 15 lbs bag of potatoes to make a mixture of baked, roasted and mashed. I also made a big batch of koshary with sauce and a huge pot of vegetable soup. He also likes this Egyptian vegetables with a tomato paste sauce over rice dish and we'll make falafel from the box you can find at the store. Mostly though he eats a lot of bread with all kinds of things. Cheese sandwiches, bean sandwiches, bread and tahini, cheese and tomato sandwiches, egg sandwiches. He eats lots of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, and this vinegar lemon Egyptian salad. He loves salad and coleslaw.

Sometimes pizza with of course ketchup and hot sauce. I didn't believe that they put ketchup and hot sauce on their pizza there as a regular thing until we went to several different pizza places there to eat and all the tables had ketchup and hot sauce on them and everyone was putting it on their pizzas. He misses pepperoni because they only seem to make it with pork here and there everything is pretty much safe, halal and beef. It's really challenging to find beef pepperoni here. I have yet to find it. He misses his Egyptian cheese which is like this white salty cheese made in Egypt. We've been told by other Egyptians here that its like feta cheese or at least that's what they've adapted to because of cost. Their own cheese at MENA stores is imported and costs too much.

At first I tried to make him food he was familiar with like I did during our time living together in Egypt. I found out from him that this actually makes them more home sick because it reminds them of back home. In the first year or two homesickness will be there off and on a lot. So when I started making my own food he would try it and like some of it but then mostly eat what he liked. He wanted me to be comfortable making food that I knew and I was always surprised by what he would come up with in the kitchen or what he preferred.

They like to have their meals made by their spouses and they like to sit down and eat the food together as a family.

Edited by ॐ

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

I see turkey pepperoni at a wide array of grocery stores all the time. It's what my mom always bought to make pizza at home when I was a kid.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

I haven't tried looking for turkey pepperoni before. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have give it a try if I can find it. I've tried turkey bacon but he won't eat it even though it's not really bacon. It's just the idea of it being bacon and relating that to pork that puts him off. I wonder if he'll try turkey pepperoni since he associates it with beef and not pork like we do here? He'll eat grilled chicken on pizza.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

I remember always liking it, it tasted good. It's funny how those kinds of associations can put you off of certain foods too. My mom really likes Trader Joe's beef bacon, she says it's delicious. From what I remember, turkey bacon is pretty icky, regardless of whether or not you associate it with pork products, lol.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

We have a Trader Joe's here but I don't go there often because of cost. I'll have to give their beef bacon a try and see if it will be more appealing to him then the turkey bacon.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have a great Sunday guys. :thumbs:

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Timeline

You too Rosie! Im having a great day off work & relaxing. About to head over to my moms house. Adam went to the Phoenicia market yesterday & went to town on the shopping! He bought bisturma, pita breads, some kind of Egyptian cheese that looks weird but tastes so good, a huge can of grape leaves, cans of his beans, egyptian rice, lamb kofta kabobs, beef sausages & some kinds of desserts with pistaschios. He made me breakfast before church this morning. Loving life with hubby!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You too Rosie! Im having a great day off work & relaxing. About to head over to my moms house. Adam went to the Phoenicia market yesterday & went to town on the shopping! He bought bisturma, pita breads, some kind of Egyptian cheese that looks weird but tastes so good, a huge can of grape leaves, cans of his beans, egyptian rice, lamb kofta kabobs, beef sausages & some kinds of desserts with pistaschios. He made me breakfast before church this morning. Loving life with hubby!

awww this made me smile :luv:

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Timeline

Afternoon everyone! Somewhat lazy day here...will be in the 80's today..

Wael and I had a chance to watch "The Help" last night. We enjoyed it so much!

Here's hoping everyone is having a good day and wonderful weekend!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh....North County San Diego and feels like summer!!! 75 and at the coast!!!

Just took a break from the pool and jumped on to say good night to my hubby :blush:

@PalmTreeGirl~ when you write his beans...is it foul mudammas??? Yummy for breakfast with olive oil :yes:

How wonderful to shop with your husband...smile

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Popping In! I swear I almost forgot about this place until Sof reminded me we need to get the ball rollin on his Citizenship! We should be doing that this month or next.

Hope everyone is well.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

Oh....North County San Diego and feels like summer!!! 75 and at the coast!!!

Just took a break from the pool and jumped on to say good night to my hubby :blush:

@PalmTreeGirl~ when you write his beans...is it foul mudammas??? Yummy for breakfast with olive oil :yes:

How wonderful to shop with your husband...smile

Yes its mudammas... he loves them.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.